Mods, please keep doing this!

I know this has happened, but sadly I never got to see it, sounds glorious though.

LMAO. you gotta love them just deserts.

I too would love every single person claiming to have been wrongly banned for saying ā€œggā€ once to be fact checked and shamed.

2 Likes

Why do these types of people think anyone else owes them tolerance?
Like itā€™s their right to act like a jackass, and anyone not tolerating that behavior is in the wrong and being a ā€˜snowflakeā€™.

12 Likes

If it didnā€™t you wouldnā€™t have written a whole ahh essay about it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Letā€™s just ignore the plethora of forum threads from those same people that end with them throwing around slurs after hitting the slightest bit of community resistance :blush:

1 Like

Okay, but you guys are seriously ignoring all of the other people who do not randomly become toxic. I get that a lot of them pretend to be innocent, but it genuinely sucks that normal people are losing their account. It has happened to Roly and he is the nicest guy. A few other forum regulars too that never believed these people until it happened to them. It could happen, the system is not perfect. I am just glad to hear that they seem more open to reversing this false bans if you harass them? :joy:

1 Like

Maybe, but if a significant amount becomes toxic (with so little effort) thatā€™s enough to raise an eyebrow for me even for those who donā€™t.

Oh yeah for sure. Iā€™m mainly about the people who claim everyone gets banned for using chat saying the nicest things or some nonsense like that. 100% some people get falsely banned, I know itā€™s an automated system with zero moderation :smiley:

2 Likes

We must be dealing with different definitions of ā€œsnowflakeā€, then. The only people I see complaining on the matter, and trying to present themselves as the oppressed victim, are those getting the bans. Seems to me that those who chafe against the consequences of their own actions fit the traditional definition of a ā€œsnowflakeā€.

5 Likes

Hello normal nice person here! reading this because my account just got suspended. It def can happen to anyone. This is my second month suspension, and i really think that it is uncalled for. I try to play the game for what it is and i ask nicely when i ask to swap. Its crazy the ammount of toxicity you can be subjected to each day in the game but have your account taken for actual in game callouts. There needs to be some sort of check and balance. It seems as of now someone can have a bad game or be really toxic and report everyone on the team and the ai just belives it.

1 Like

It is definitely a paradox. I am sorry that happened to you, it is one of my biggest fears myself which is why I do not join chat anymore. Not going to lie, if it ever did happen, I would probably just quit. My heart couldnā€™t take it.

False accusations just trigger me. It goes well beyond the game. Lives have been ruined. My life includedā€¦

Tbh i really feel like quiting. Its one thing to deal with trolls but now dealing with it to the point where youā€™re actually locked out of something you ejoying doing. Its very demotivating to actually want to come back. I have a lot of rare skins and buy stuff when it comes out but not any more. I will legit never buy anything from the shop again (BP included.) Why give my money to something that has no loyalty in legit players who just want to play better for themselves and their team. I get that it is hard to filter all of these reports but what we have in place now lets the trolls ultimatley win. Im sorry that that is something that has happened to you irl man and i hope you can find peace.

1 Like

Or just stop asking people to switch :woman_shrugging:

Should you get silenced for that? Idk. But if your alternative is to quit playing entirely, maybe try that first. Itā€™s not helpful to anyone anyway. It annoys people and probably lessens your chances of winning because of it.

ā€œGG EZā€ is a slur now?

Iā€™m not so convinced. I think they knowā€¦

Yep. Everyone who has ever mained anything vaguely off meta knows that the ā€œI asked them nicely to swapā€ is nonsense. Itā€™s so rarely a thing.

3 Likes

peopl switching is not what makes me want to quit. Watching someone play into multiple counters is hard and taxing on utilities. its worth an ask isnt it? If the dont they dont end of the day it doesnt matter. Not constantly bugging people. What makes me want to quit is getting rando suspended and the fear that it could happen at any time.

Last guy I triggered for a minute came up with the f-slur, soā€¦ :confused:

not really if you think about it

that guy is the one dying to the counters, that guy is the one probably not having the greatest time of his life, so in most cases they have a reason to be willing to endure stuff like playing Doomfist into Sombra and Mauga

if theyā€™re a one-trick, they wonā€™t switch anyway
if they think they can win regardless, they wonā€™t switch anyway
if they want to learn how to play around these counters, they wonā€™t switch anyway

so why bother asking, yk?

It doesnā€™t support my narrative so I donā€™t believe you

1 Like

True. It can work both ways tho. I have swapped when people have asked in situations. Teamates have swapped when asked and we have won the game cause that swap. Again you are very correct and i have had a multitude of experiences. Its a team game where team convos should be able to happen. Is talking about team comp not a team convo?

1 Like

I have a ā€œkarmic swapā€ policy

If theyā€™re normal and say ā€œbastion would be good hereā€ or ā€œecho isnā€™t a good pick hereā€ or ā€œcan we get cassā€. Iā€™ll either say ā€œsure, next lifeā€, ignore them, or say ā€œnah Iā€™m bad at hitscanā€

If they say ā€œGET OFF ECHOā€ or ā€œECHO SWAPā€ or a variation with more colorful language, I will either ignore them or swap to widowmaker or genji, my worst dps heroes, because itā€™ll make them angrier which is funny

1 Like