Mods, please keep doing this!

i had posted a reply above this touching on this but ya i totally agree with you. Usually its something that i rarely ask. the only reason i even put that in my post is because it was mentioned earlier in the thread and i thought it was funny. now its the only topic of my post haha

I would very much prefer it if instead of this maybe the mods actually did their job and took care of all of the posts with insults and abuse instead of falsely removing posts for supposedly “trolling” even when they haven’t done so

Is an advice, feel free to opt in trying or not.

Instead of saying directly to someone, say things like this:

If you see that the hero X is their backbone. You could go this route:

“We need to deal with hero X it’s the core of their formation”
Wait time - If nobody takes the lead…
“I can try manage hero X, but I would need you folks to try to deal with Y”
Wait time - If nobody answer…
You do your share and try to manage the hero X, if wins. Great, if not. You done what you could and move on.

Most of the time I played in the past like this I got several endorses, which most of them were shot caller and good teammate. Representing that folks took those situations positively most of the time. These days I simply play with a closed group of friends and a few hours per month instead several hours per week.

Folks aren’t playing to be forced or instructed to swap. Folks should notice that things aren’t working. Then, having a tip they can evaluate what they can do. Most folks when they’re being hardcountered get a tunnel vision that a simply “new goal” can improve their experience a ton or give them a view that they could do something else elsewhere instead of keep suffering doing the same thing.

You should try to help folks notice their issues without directly telling them their issues. You do what you can, the other will do what they could do based on the info given to them.

Wasn’t Roly done for spam though, not toxicity? I can totally see Roly getting done for spam. I agree they’re a nice person though.

Anyway, back to the topic: Innocent people will always get caught up in disciplinary systems. Especially ones where the general public can fling accusations. That’s why there needs to be due process, so those people can get their accounts back.

Is the process fair? Is it accessible? Does it react fast enough? Those are all legitimate questions we need to ask. And the people running the process need to be held accountable if they’re not doing right by their customers.

However, on the forums the number of people claiming innocence, and the number of genuinely wrongfully actioned players is disproportionate. And this usually shows in that players conduct the moment you scratch the surface of their story.

The guy who got his thread fact checked and closed has repeatedly admitted to trolling (even in this thread.) And has been flinging insults like confetti at a wedding.

So I’d say the mods are doing their job with this one.

2 Likes

This is usually the aproach that i like taking. I usually go with the second where i will swap to manage someone and if i need more help i will present it in that way. In no way am i trying to control someone elses game just want a better outcome for everyone. Its very rare at this point that i will even try because of obvious reasons but when a converstion is struck these are the that i have implemented with success.

1 Like
2 Likes

Often I do those steps due not always I’m confident about my ability on the other against the opponent. While sometimes folks just are targeting the wrong foes. That can enable them to see the game more “cleary”

I don’t say that you shouldn’t talk with folks you know about changing stuff etc. But with folks who doesn’t exactly know you, you should rely on their decision making expecting you to make the first compromise, but not always jump without a bit of time due that can be way worse than before. Let somenthing like 1-2 teamfights or regroups or 20-30 sec to sink in.

By example, I was ana and a friend of mine were brig. The combination wasn’t working with our winston and mei.

I saw he becoming annoyed and wanting to swap due folks pressuring him. Instead I said: let’s swap, you’re better ana than me and before I said anything about my brig skills. He said: yeah, you’re better brig than me and the way you play with her I think we can pull it off.

The PoG was hilariously one nano brig killing reaper and moira on the point with both doing their ults, while knocking back rein to be isolated behind mei’s wall nullifying rein’s ult. Winston annoying their other support and the other dps going to save that support, while being chased by our soujourn.

Both winston and mei controlling zones, while I could rely on the space to keep going. Sojourn going to help winston and rein ended being solo falling in the end. Making we win the game.

The issue is not your motive, sometimes folks don’t get the message with a good lenses, due being in a stressful situation. Which is why I mentioned the “brief” time, which can be situations were the team regroup etc.

Is sad to hear this. Due being a team game, at same time considering that most folks use games seeking escapism, those folks often can’t express themselves well even less under some pressure/stress. Which is why I mentioned why I gave that advice.

With friends is definely easier to talk and sort things out. Even with friends talking about swap can generate some attrition, but at least can be sorted out in the end.

With random folks, becomes complicated due they don’t know you, you don’t know them and both are under pressure. Often looking by what hurts more or the most obvious problem, instead of looking their own. When problems are showed in a way that nobody is being targeted, folks are more open to look in to it. Meaning more team based approach would emerge most of the time.

I remembered a day that one random ana said: winston keeps targeting me, I need help.

I was rein, each time winston dived her I charged him and made him die. We hold a defense of something like 7 minutes in nubani map with the payload having like 0.1m to be delivered to the final part of the map. Winston after dying 8 times, swapped and his team stopped “flattering him” to actually “blame him” for their loss.

They lost a game that they had stomped us since beginning. I got several praises from my supports and him who were way more skilled than me, lost his team support and ended up losing. I negated the space he created, their team couldn’t kill me easily as before and we held the point as if we were Gandalf.

Someone in the end even said: “You shall not pass!” Everybody in the team laughed.

Small gestures can make a difference if someone is willing to ask for help or willing to compromise for the team. The morale can increase a ton as reaction of that action.

That’s just my point, based on my past experience. Isn’t about winning is about making the effort to improve the morale and make folks work more as teammates instead of random players not noticing they’re in a team. Most of the time swap isn’t necessary, just a change of targets or some adaptation on the timming/formation. Will sure have situations that becomes inviable certain heroes, but if in those situations the person seeing folks compromising for him and don’t do anything about, that player would feel bad enough by dragging the team down due their own lack of skill either in another hero to pick or just because kept playing a thing without value.

At best, he would apologize or say it can’t play anything else. At worse you simple avoid him as teammate and move on.

We can’t win all the battles but at least we can try battle them in a way that at least we did what we could to improve the team. Not talking about sweating or anything like that, simply doing what I could with my ability in that moment.

Oh my lawd. Imagine complaining on the forum only to have Jeff Kaplan himself smack you down. That is priceless.

1 Like

Dude just take your L and move on. You got caught being a toxic dump and got called out for it.

1 Like

I think it’s hilarious that you call people snowflakes, yet you get angry at rainbow confetti. On one map. For a limited time.

I remember you. You’re worth laughing at.

yes, believe the moderator, who works for BLIZZARD, who infact supports the flawed system.

2024 people…

The backpedal is real. Log off champ

Oh, just woke up really excited to go see what’s new on the “Perma Banning whining thread”. I even forgot it’s my boyfriends birthday. I didn’t care. I wanted to see what Jack has to tell us.

And then, after impatiently waited for my laptop to open, I just felt the biggest disappointment seeing the thread is closed.

But, after a few minutes of anger, and prayers for toxicity, just found out this thread.

My day is complete. I can drink a coffee in silence, eat some popcorn and enjoy the replies in this thread, while asking myself: “how about putting a :slight_smile: as a reply in every post this thread has? Would that be fun or seen as toxic?” – decisions, decisions

1 Like

You think a real mod doesn’t have access to your chat logs?
Heck I can look at your post history, if it’s not privated.
Mod can look at your activities, private or not.
And probably different mods, but they can log your in-game chat as well.

2 Likes

I looked at the thread and did not see where a mod was calling someone out for lying. Unless it was removed by staff?

Given the high percentage of people who post that they have been falsely banned, to only a few posts later show EXACTLY why they have been banned, I don’t think you are right here.

Literally in the starting post. very first one which kicked off the thread.

1 Like

Wait your telling me that being toxic every game will get you banned?

Never would have guessed that.

2 Likes

If it’s comp, I try to ask nicely and give a suggestion. “Can we get some anti-dive? Maybe a Mei would work” or something along those lines. Most of the time no one listens anyway, and when we lose, I say “Dang, some anti-dive would have been fire” :joy: Sometimes if they are the SOLE reason we’re losing, like a D’Va playing against a constant full-charge Zar, I’ll be a little more adamant. “Please switch off D’Va literally anything else will work”

But if it’s qp play whatever you want, who cares?

Did you know that 78% of statics are made up?

I stole this joke from someone, Credits to whoever did it first.

2 Likes

Right. Also known as being dishonest about your situation and trying to mislead people.

Try being honest. Stop making excuses for yourself like “a little trolling.”

The only one here who is upset about anything is you, and it’s extremely obvious.

2 Likes