MMR resets = good, hidden MMR = bad

I get you man, I know what I say can come off as argumentative at certain points but I’m not against good ideas. Like I said, I don’t think resets every season is a good idea at all, but what you ended up suggesting would be overall good for the game and I could get behind that. Apologies if anything I said entered the realms of toxicity.

1 Like

Apologies if it seemed that i wanted just annoy you. English ain’t my native language, so it might seems i am just trolling or being sarcastic ^^

1 Like

How else could get people to buy new copys of the game :slight_smile:

I am 3100 mercy. I’m tired of playing this hero. I want to play on the hero of the offensive. What should I do? Spoil matches until I get to well-deserved silver?

Resetting MMR gives you the opportunity to start a career as a new hero without spoiling the matches of other players. In order for professional players to get to their rankings faster, you need to redo the system following the example of LoL.

Buy a new account???

When you want to play Diablo 3 with a new hero, do you also buy a new account?

I already bought the game, but the game makes me play on one hero without giving a chance to learn a new hero. But if, in spite of everything, I start playing a new hero, then I will get a ban. I will spoil the game! And the ban is not the worst, the worst is that I will spoil the matches in which others are trying to win.

Lmao this comparison is completely ridiculous. The game formats and structures aren’t the same at all so this makes no sense.

No. The game doesn’t do that at all. You did it to yourself. Getting good on only 1 hero is your fault, not the games. You chose to only pick one hero each time, it’s not like the game locked every hero out for you each match. You have the option to pick ANY hero, every single match you have that option. It’s on you for only getting good at one of them.

You chose to one trick. It’s not somehow the games fault now that you regret that decision.

I have a main account in Diamond as well. Yet I can maintain it with multiple characters, in many different roles, though mainly main tank and DPS roles. If I decide to start playing something I’m not good at I practise it in QP first until I’m satisfied I can play it up to scratch in comp. That’s what QP is for. You don’t just start learning a new hero from scratch in comp, you practise with them first.

First of all, these are games (paid), so the comparison is absolutely appropriate.

It is hard at the start of a career to be flex, besides support is always needed by the team. It took a long time before I realized the game and how to play it. And now, when they have a rather high rating, I cannot switch to the hero of the offensive, therefore I will spoil the matches. The game should give the player a chance to start from the beginning, buying a second account is allowed only if I want to keep 2 careers, but I do not want.

Not. I’m not otp, I can play another 2 heroes of support.

And how long to train in fast games? AIM is a skill that has been practicing for years and I do not want to spend years in fast games, I want to play competitive mode now on the rating on which my AIM will be acceptable.

All that you are doing now is justifying the terrible game-design decisions made in the game calling for buying new accounts.

There are many successful and developing projects with a competitive mode in the games market, but none of them have so many terrible game-design decisions. Now you justify the terrible decisions in the game, tomorrow you will cry and hate Blizzard for sending Retire Overvotch, as it was with HotS.

Game of the Year 2016
Best eSports Game 2017
Best Ongoing Game 2017
Best eSports Game 2018

Why are there less and less playing players?

No. It’s not appropriate. In Diablo you don’t have the option of picking from 28 characters with set abilities that never change everytime you log in. You pick 1 character, build on them and level them. If you want to start a new character, you start from scratch and level them. You don’t ‘level’ characters in Overwatch, they stay constant no matter what. So no, it’s a terrible comparison that makes zero sense to make. It’s like comparing chess and bingo then saying they’re the same thing, when they’re obviously not, they’re completely different games.

No it’s not. Just choose to flex then do it.

Doesn’t mean you always have to be that support. You took that role on yourself. Again, the game didn’t MAKE you do this.

Again, this is something you’re imposing on yourself. You still have the option to change in game. As I said, you also still have the option to practise aiming in QP. Nothing is stopping you from doing that, only you are.

Then I assume you know how to aim to at least a Diamond level, as there’s only 2 heroes in support that require absolutely zero aim.

Aim is a skill that’s constantly improved. As I said before it’s only you that’s imposing this ‘I can’t pick DPS’ attitude on yourself. Again, the game is not making you do this. You somehow think it’s the games fault for your decision making. The game has forced you to do nothing.

How am I? How is the game terribly designed? The game doesn’t force you to pick only one hero, you chose to do that, you’re the only one here saying you can’t pick other heroes, you’re given the option every single match to pick others, you just choose not to take it. Again, that’s on you and your decision making, not the games. Your whole narrative here is that the game is forcing you to do these things, when the truth is the exact opposite.

If you want a fresh start buy a new account. It’s literally $20. Then delete your old one if you don’t want 2 ‘careers’. Easy. Then the entire player base doesn’t have to suffer through a terrible MMR reset that the majority of the player base doesn’t even want.

You mean the terrible decisions they made like:
*Allowing you to pick any hero you like every game
*Not locking off all other heroes except Mercy
*Allowing you to buy the game again for next to nothing so you can start a new career if you wish to.

Wow, some real bad business decisions there huh. Real limiting.

Fanboy is detected.
Why in other games seasons - a new career. What are the seasons in the overwatch for? For graffiti?
Look at the overwatch league, do they really start the new season with the old ratings? Not! Because the new season is a new story, a new career, new results. What gives the new season in the overrvotch, what is it for?

Why should I even buy a new account to start playing on another hero or role without spoiling the matches to other players? Heroes in the overwatch are complex and multifaceted and many of them require a huge amount of practice, do I have to buy a new account every time when I want to play on a new hero? No, this is just ridiculous! The price of the game is not important! The account has progress, levels, skins, achivki … you don’t want to lose it all and the only way out is to simply play competitive mode on the hero you want, even if the skills do not meet the skill rating. As a result of this path - the toxicity of the players because they see in the diamond a widow who shoots the maximum like gold. And while I fall on a well-deserved rating, I will spoil a large number of matches to other players who will then complain about MM and leave the game.
GG Overwatch

"Unless"
they do a massive system wide change again like in S2 ( though I doubt the system was actually changed that much at the time to be honest ). They should not and will not do a SR reset.

So you play the game but you’re not a fan of it?

Are you actually thinking about what you’re saying. If you could just start a ‘new career’ when ever you felt like in OW, what would stop T500/GM/Masters players, just restarting whenever they felt like it and smurfing at lower ranks? Answer me that. They could literally be like, “Oh my accounts getting to high” then just click ‘new career’ and start again in Bronze every week. Seriously, use your brain, smurfing would be worse than it is already, the only thing stopping more smurfs is the fact they have to PAY for new accounts.

OWL is literally the top 0.1% of players. You think between OWL seasons one of those players will have fallen to like silver or something?

Again. Think. OWL players are playing against other OWL players, in the OWL. They’re not playing against some random player picked from the OW player base. They literally know who’ll they’ll be matched with before they even play the match. They’re still in the same rank.

Another one of your pointless comparisons that makes no sense.

No, it’s not. OWL isn’t some sort of story mode dude.

No, it’s a new season. They don’t call every new OWL season a ‘new career’. They’re also not playing for SR in the OWL.

Yea, but not new SR, they’re still playing in the same ‘rank’ as they were the last OWL season.

There is no point to new seasons in OW. You might as well remove placements for all I care. They mean nothing apart from the very first set of placements you do.

Why, are you seriously planning on one tricking again on your new account too? Why do you feel you can only play on one hero per account? The point I’ve been making the entire time is that you can already play any hero you want on the account you already have. But you refuse to. Then, when I literally give you a way to start again, with a fresh MMR, you don’t want to do that either. Are you actually thinking about what you’re saying right now?

You can literally do this right now. You can literally play a different hero on the account you already have and keep the skins you already have. All you have to do is not choose Mercy. That’s literally all you have to do.

A lot more matches will be ruined by players being able to restart careers whenever they like. Like literally 10’s of thousands of matches will be ruined using your idea. You’re worried about ruining a few matches for some people, but don’t seem to care about the thousands of other matches that will be ruined by people being able to reset their MMR whenever they feel like? Pretty selfish bro.

Sorry, my English is bad. I meant that you are a fanboy who, for the love of the game, is ready to justify any mistakes of the developers. In my country, they say about such people “even spit in the eyes - all of God’s dew.”

I don’t need the “start a new career” button, I need to start a new career every season. To ensure that high-ranking players do not kick weak players, you can make seasons of 3-4 months.

Oh my God! You do not see the essence of the question.

Why in the overwatch seasons? Is the gaming experience changing with the new season? Not! Is a global patch released? Not! New card? Not! New hero ? Not! Tell me, why seasons in overwatch?

Why in other competitive games there are seasons with a reset of the rating and they successfully work and can’t do it in the overwatch?

Sorry, in the new season overwatch league, nothing has changed. There were no new teams, no changes were made to the rules, leaders and outsiders. This is not a new story at all.

Yes, they do not call it a new career, but in fact they are starting a new career. New teams, old teams update line-up and coaches, play new meta.

That’s it! in overvotch they do not make sense. in an overwatch, these are fictions for appearing to be a normal competitive shooter.

You do not understand me? If I now choose a hero in which I didn’t train hard enough, I’ll spoil the match for other players. Such an attitude of people spoils the competitive mode!

You simply repeat the popular opinion of other fan-fights who are afraid of any changes in the game.
Why in other games reset the rating works, and the competitive mode is not a garbage? 2-3 times a year, the community can easily endure such stress, but it is not held hostage to your account.

Look at the rainbow 6, it works great there, and I have never heard a serious sting on it. there rating mode is not ideal, but it is better than in overwatch. If Blizzard wants to make the game really good, then they need to look at the league of legends and make the competition mode look like.

1 Like

MMR/SR only is right if you only pay 1 hero and never play anything else.
So if you really want to see your MMR/SR and want to play more then one hero you are forced to buy other accounts (until they create hero based SR/MMR system and not account based)

When you only have 1 account you could even down rank your self by playing bad heroes or boost your self playing only your best hero. Then you can swap back to hero X and destroy games because you are on a rank you shouldn’t be.

With as many hours on pharah on this account i am a lot higher rank on her then gold. And it feels like smurfing when i play her most of the time. (i use this account more as practice account and play lots of heroes).

The question is: Is filling a form of down ranking? And should it be illegal? Its a form of keeping your account on a lower rank that your main/best heroes are.

So having only one account(and play more then one hero) will probably destroy more games because of players playing below/above the rank of the hero they selected. Then people with lots of accounts.

1 Like

This sounds more like excuse justify to yourself for making that mistake when you bought those extra accounts. Yes. So simple way to fix this. a) Reset all stats b) SMS verification and finally c) Role ques and role based ranks.

You only need one account and you can play whatever you want, because MMR and / or SR is based to your role. So if you play all 3 different roles, you would have 3 different ranks.

This is another reason for which you need to redo the entire competitive mode.

Can you tell us more about the SR \ MMR system? It is desirable with reference to the messages of the developers.

The more the gap is between the heroes you play, the more screwed up/bad your SR is. So the matchmaker will at the moment, almost always fail in doing his job well.(even jeff admitted this, they are not happy how the match maker works)

How the MMR system works is only guessing, but since SR is account based MMR probably is also. The only prove i got for this is when you swap between heroes, you always get a lesser SR modifier then you would when you played only 1 hero

Play what you want. No one is stopping you.

Check the References section of the opening post

Agreed,I don’t mind meet all type of player during placements,Once I finish it,it will give me my current actual mmr.