MMR reset for all ranks

Yet you sport a T500 player icon. Were you just boosted? or is it to flaunt some relic of your skill so others will blindly swallow what u say.

It is from FFA deathmatch. My role q elo is usualy high plat/low dia.

And again, its not elitism, i am just being real. 3500 player or higher is simply better than me in almost every aspect. Just like I am better than gold player of how is gold player better than bronze.

1 Like

So it’s just derogatory.

As if 70% of the paying customers that keep your 5% of the ladder propped up and alive don’t use brains.

Its the truth. I like to be honest. Should i lie instead?

1 Like

The truth is the 70% in the “lower” ranks like to think they possess some kind of brain, and are competitive in their own right. Again, the analogy to kids playing soccer. You might think it doesn’t count or matter, and that would be a lie.

1 Like

Nah, below diamond the comp is pure arcade

For you, not for people who play there :slight_smile:

1 Like

For them as well, thats why they complain non-stop about how terrible comp is. Be it classic or role queue.

And I agree, comp is terrible if you happen to play in gold

“A mmr reset of ANY kind” were my words… In season 18 this was being called a “soft reset”.

Match Making Rating (MMR) is a handicapping system. Resetting it would alert players to the fact of handicapping in competitive play, so Blizzard won’t do it.

2 Likes

basically $20 for an mmr reset lol

1 Like

That’s it! The reason for smurfing

A hard cap at what you can place is the base definition of an MMR reset. Previously people who climbed to 4500+ could sit on that SR on never move up or down and just do placements and place within the relative same SR range. They can no longer do that. They now have to make the slow and painful climb back up. every. single. season. That’s an MMR reset. it cleans out the people who were boosted to GM and can’t make it back up without yet again paying someone to boost them again. Doing it in all ranks would clean up all the boosted players because they would either have to get another boost or learn how to play at that rank. It does not change the hidden MMR that some players are in fact much better than their rank, but it does reset their SR to a cap and forces them to climb back up.

What are you even talking about? :joy:

So a couple things I do agree with you on.

SR cap prevents SR campers. That’s legit. SR cap also means people have to work for the rank of GM and spend time improving.

SR cap does not affect who the players are matched against. MMR does. For the customers perspective, SR is purely just their place on the ladder…

I do agree that some people just have super legit ability to play Overwatch. Which is why there are top 500 players who control more than one T500 slot. Their MMR is absolutely bananas…

But SR and MMR are two completely separate, though not completely unrelated, especially numbers…

It’s not an MMR reset only SR cap for the GM camper. If it was an MMR reset, ml7 wouldn’t be losing 5 sr and wining 30+.

1 Like

That’s not due to MMR. That’s due to him playing better than the average 3900 support. I gain 100-150SR per win until around 3300 then it goes down to about 45-50 depending on how well I play. On any account. Could be a 4 year old bronze account that’s been bottom 500 since day of release. The second I take that account and play genji ONCE I’m out of bronze. Because a bronze genji doesn’t get 100 elims and 4 deaths and a blade every 30 seconds. That’s how boosting works. Players who are better than the rank of the account in question of boosting take over said account and play better than people in that rank. If I lost a game in bronze I’m losing MAYBE 2-5SR. I don’t start actually losing SR until diamond, it’s all gains. Which is why true smurfing isn’t an actual problem in this game and the gold players who cry about it are just getting dumpstered by a low diamond/high plat player. MMR is match making rating. It’s not solely based off SR, but it mostly is. that’s why you won’t see a platinum genji who’s smurfing in a 3800 game where he belongs because it’s mostly SR based. Previously ML7 wouldn’t have gone against masters players, but with the hard cap at 3900 he was now going against masters players. Which means he will climb to 4k+ easily. Hidden MMR is what you’re talking about and that’s where provider sided they’re looking at your stats internally. Externally, MMR is displayed as your season rank.

It’s literally MMR tho. Your sr is what you see in your career profile. MMR is your “true” sr. He is straight up a 4.6k player. His MMR is still 4.6k while his sr is 3.9k+. If he had the same MMR as is SR he would be ~ +25/-25. There was literally no MMR reset just a SR cap for placement that’s all.

Then explain boosting. A bronze accounts hidden MMR is bronze meaning a TRUE 1.3k player gains and loses around 20-25 per win/loss. Then a booster gets on and instantly gets insane SR gains yet the bronze accounts hidden MMR is still 1.3k because it’s been 1.3k for 4 years. Hidden MMR is something COMPLETELY different than true MMR which is reflected in your SR. AKA, this was an MMR reset/hard cap.

This account was a bronze to diamond learning VOD. It took me longer to make it to bronze from fresh than from bronze to diamond. I can do bronze to low plat in literally 6-7 games on any account. Fresh or old. Hidden MMR doesn’t really mean as much as you plats seem to think.

You know it’s PBSR right ? also if it was an mmr reset GM’s would be playing in gold rn. It’s just a sr placement cap.

Edit: it’s PBSR if you are in bronze and perform like a Diamond you’ll get way more sr. Also for your last sentence, idk why you think I’m plat and I know MMR isn’t making a huge changes because it’s usually close to where you are instead of now the cap is 3.9k, the difference between MMR/SR will be larger.

It wasnt a mmr reset.

1 Like