MMR is not needed for quality matchmaking, only for manipulating game experience!

But MMR is needed to make sure that i get put up vs. Level 25 Hanzo smurf every time i win two games. The longer queue gives it away.

4 Likes

Some people are just brain dead. Had an Ana blame DPS (me being one) even though our Reinhardt was terrible. What makes it funny is he said that right after I died using my deadeye. Totally my fault if I use it behind our Reinhardt and he just walks behind me after I am glowing for a second, no his shield was full there was no reason other than killing me.
He was even flanking as our maintank and we still got trashtalked like wtf?

Mmr slows down ranking up as much as it does ranking down. It creates this endless grinding and nobody can convince me otherwise. It’s simply unhealthy and not needed for an fps game.

7 Likes

Pretty sure his post was heavy sarcasm.

Being ‘sarcastic’ on a forum is inappropriate.

Yeah but we got no proof for that. Half the player base knows it but as long as the other half plays white knights things will never change.

4 Likes

I lost about 10 in a row in experimental mode while queuing all 3 roles. Just getting completely outclassed every game with literal silvers and golds being toxic and blaming me a lot. I decided to see if they were right and queued a diamond comp game to test. Ez win of course. The matchmaker is so predictable it’s a literal joke.

1 Like

Huh? So you can’t rank down even if you lose a whole bunch of games? Or is matchmaking done through “tiers” instead of “ranks” (whatever the difference is)?

Please view this thread for a rational and logical approach to how handicapping is likely implemented, and some analysis of why preconceptions are false.

“The truth is” subjective. This is all your opinion and by saying this you’re diminishing the experience of other people. If a large number of people are experiencing something, then it’s probably happening.

2 Likes

I would most certainly be interested. Going from 1 game away from plat down to silver is pretty obnoxious.

even dafran says he can play badly and with little effort but it’s impossible for him to fall from t500/high gm without hard throwing. it makes even the highest tier boring and uncompetative.

2 Likes

You can get carried by your team but you can’t carry your team.
This is the reason the current matchmaking feels so terrible bad players get free wins and good players get near impossible games.

1 Like

Sure, contact me here :slight_smile:

discord.gg/vyMY5ZZ

I am there under same nickname as here.

I keep seeing this on forum. If someone is gm or top 500 or top 3, doesn’t make him a good coach. Game is highly situational, a few basic rules to be learnt nad the rest is mechanic. It’s like saying Messi would be the best coach in the world. bs

I agree with you, but since some people can have issues with my rank, they want to seek help from someone higher. I can do vod reviews of anyone up to low plat. Depends on hero too of course.

But of course some people think that i cant do vod review/coaching if I only peaked low dia, its my experience. Thats why i can offer help from someone else on our discord i know and is higher ranked than me too.

1 Like

I hear you. But VOD review is shouldn’t be hard anyway, I see my every mistake. Heck, i think i can do vod reviews on top 500 players. But when in game, its completely different story. I fail to see junk trap, i spot widow too late, react slower, sometimes as soon as I press Q, I know it was a mistake, I forget to track ults. I know every single thing I did wrong when looking at replay, but when in game, I cannot concetrate on so many things, I guess I am a bit old for this game :slight_smile: Sometimes, i watch Stylosa and his VOD reviews, and he pauses the game and goes like, yeah, your reaper almost dead, your Mercy way off to the right, enemy rein about to charge, your hog just died,and enemy Hanzo flanking from the roof on the right, you should do that and that. I can barely see the thing in front of me in the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Belive me, you cant. I wont even try to review high plat or Diamond + games because i would give bad advice.

I highly doubt you see all your mistakes and you probably will miss major things because you dont even think they are actualy mistakes.

I watch stylosa coaching only for fun, because his coaching is not good in my opinion.

2 Likes

Might be true, but rarely a major thing.

I like the way he is presenting stuff, it is fun as you say. Who’s good though?

1 Like

Jayne, iostux, SVB, Ml7 i dont watch too many others to be honest.

2 Likes