MMR handicapping time to be removed

i dont’ doubt that the designers had good intentions, but I still believe it’s got some garbage logic going on.

a popular tinfoil theory since around S3-4 of comp is that the match maker is this Sky Net like AI that randomly decides who gets to rank up or town.
When the simple truth is nothing about smurfs, thrower, leavers or anything about match making can stop a player from ranking up… if they are willing to play a lot of games.

all that lame community stuff /waves hands around/ real impact is make players NOT want to play 100+ games a season.

4 Likes

There’s a reason overwatch rank grind is obviously doing its best to hold you back. It makes you play the game more. Nothing else to it.

1 Like

Its flawed logic. You dont need system for that. You have players to keep you where you belong, not the system as obviously there are people who will be better than you who will be higher and worse than you who will be lower.

1 Like

It’s not flawed logic. It’s the same concept as a battle pass in any game. It’s intentionally designed to make you play the game every day. That’s exactly how overwatch ranked system is designed. To make your climb as much of a grind as possible. Out of a flawed logic that when you reach the rank you want you won’t play the game anymore

You have to grind because there is thousands of people like you lol, not because system want to hold you somewhere magicaly to make you play more.

Yep and then the handicap mmr system to make it more of a grind intentionally

That is the first part of it, the second is it actively matches you against cheaters coz they are also “high performance” players. Kinda ridiculous at times like this, when I get 3 cheaters in row. Legit dumbest system ever invented. Made so many references why it does not make sense over the years. But to put it simple, take any sport you like, you never put the top seeds against each other until the end of the tournament for a reason. Blizzards system is the opposite, get the best to bleed each other out, and let the average move up.

And how long did it take them? And how many times where they already famous players that everyone on their team just did everything they asked to? How many people on the other team throw to give them the win?

And also considering the amount of time it took, looking at them being top 500 players, is it realistic for that sort of grind to be in the game? If someone is that much better than everyone else at those ranks why do they still lose games? Why do they still have to play an immense amount of games, girding for days? You think that is a good system?

or it’s the opposite. you got cheaters not because you’re playing well, but because you don’t play well and ordinarily neither does the other guy but he got tired of sucking and didn’t want to practice so he downloaded some aim assistance. you just happen to be a guy on the team opposite him. it had to be someone; sucks it was you, sucks it had to be anyone.

Handicap does exist…

and its more evident when you face any other player with the same character, i seem how with black widow i get a headshot with 100 power, and only the target takes 45 points of damage and on the kill cam he killme 100 hit on leg at 70 of power

whit moira i get same things, i seem them first, 1vs 1 alone, both 100 i star hitting first, and the other just turn like crazy barelly hitme and he kill me 100 lifepoints and i only drawn about a quarter

D.Va i use this character a loot, and use it as kamikaze, and on some gameplays only 2 or 3 shots kill even the Reindhardt, one of the most toughs

i faced several times 1vs1 where i need to hit them almos 15 times or more and they only hit me 1 to 3, and i didnt say they are as good, because on kill cam you can see they only hit you bychence or casuality, you seem they didnt even aim at you, just turn randomly

now with the random player mode i see more, i just compare how many times i get fired vs hits i do using players i already know they faults and goods, and in win games i can easy kill all the players with just a few shots, and on force loses i have to hit them with 4 or 5 full clips to get a kill (whitout being supported by other player or effect on both situations)

How can you explain those situations

Maybe one of the most evident is Tracer, in normal situation you need about 1 to 1.2 clip to kill a medium player (lets says another tracer, Symettra, Sombra, mercy widow), if you are close range and headshot it takes only .8 clip, but i seem on killcams how with only 1 clip and no reload they kill 3 or 4 players, on full healt, and in the counter you seem about 350 to 400 kill points

same on shields, when handicaped to low and youre behind a shield you will take dammage, i can confirm it in several killcams, of different kind, from a sniper to a tank shoting from distance trought the shield hit and kill, or a D.va explosion destroy full shileld and killyou, but when youre handicaped up, nothing destroys the shield, even D.va special, ond even it dosnt get even scratched by dammage

i come from old games like unreal tournament, and those handicaps are really evident, mostly when you are above the media

i do my observations on how many shots you need to kill any player, and weapon type

D.va as an example its a short medium range, but when handicaped UP you can kill players from very far distance just like a sniper, its like you have them at 30 cm in front of you, no matter if you are almost at the other side of the map

I´d like the game, but it is just unfair play, and i abandon it several times, never interested on competing because of the unfair and random handicap, i didnt even think on overwatch 2 for the same reason, yes if you forget if you loose or win it can be a time killer, but if you like to face a fair and competitive game, just this isnt the game

I could swear that most of the tournaments where fixed

Its like if you take on any game and on the start play like a fool, and pass the half time them change to play god you shurelly win most of the games, easy as it

But the handicap its a little random too, it could affect your dammage, your speed, your HP, weapon efficiency and aim, or the team itself, so its hard to detect but it dosnt meant is not there

im shure… if several people share both sides of the same match, and do a comparison of dammage of 2 same characters you will notice

it sounds like you just aren’t seeing fire from anyone besides who you’re tunneled on tbh

2 Likes

The fact that there are like 2000 posts on this should be proof enough but somehow it isn’t for some bright minds.

On what do you base this, your own experience? So just because you’ve never met a cheater you automatically assume they don’t exist and everyone with a different experience is a liar?

Was is really like that a year ago? Last time I checked most Plat players could be in gold or silver and some masters unless boosted easily have the mechanics for GM.

Oh so you are the weirdo who revived this thread. Sounds like you’ve played too many custom games.

1 Like

Maybe because this is a place where people will complain about anything ?

Yes one person will always complain about something even if the other 99% disagree that’s not the point.
Example if 50% say Genji is OP but the other half says No he’s not! Then it’s still worth looking into it. Those 50% aren’t automatically dumb or wrong because just as many disagree. Something in their experience lead to that opinion so they are not wrong to think that way.
If anything someone who complains cares and if they are happy they won’t bother sharing. No wonder this place is full of that crap Blizzard has as far as I know never made any real attempts to convince its community of the fairness in their matchmaking.
Heck I would say it’s so suddle that unless you are playing competitively you won’t even see anything wrong with the Matchmaking because it actually creates equal games, just not for everyone individually.

1 Like

I’ve always thought that SR should be given out equally to everyone on the team and only for a win, that way it eliminates the drive to play selfishly for stats, hoping to boost your MMR.

2 Likes

Yep, im that weirdo, and i play several different games

from that weirdo who plays just for fun or laughs, to one who like to involve on releplaying, or have 1 vs 1 match,

Maybe my mistake is that I come from an era where skill is what defined a player, and I met players who were cracks with very unique styles, and winning and losing became fun and made you want to improve, and now It is very frustrating that it becomes a draw and if you get a white ball you win and if it is black you lose, which makes it more of a draw than a confrontation

And I think trying to level the teams is not so bad as long as the proper levels are maintained, however I imagine that there are already so few people playing that they have chosen to make such blatant adjustments

and if you are a passionate gamer I think you can notice them right away

1 Like

nice necro… check the date

1 Like

I agree with this thread

Just stop trying. The worse you do the easier the games will be. There is no point in trying hard in a game that will just punish you later for it with 50 50 algorithms. People have been asking for mmr removal for years and they never address the problem.

3 Likes

That is absolutely true. I would only amend your call to action:

We should rather stop playing the game completely, IMO.

Have you read by thread about MMR/handicapping?