MM secretly locks Roles & Denies certain Roles to Players

So are you only looking for reaction from people who agree with you? Just curious if you are open to discussion or not. Or if your opinion on this topic is impossible to change.

Sure i dont know what is going on in matches. Thats why I climbed on all 3 roles from bronze to diamond. For somne maybe small achievement, but for me it is enough to understand how matchmnaking works.

And btw, before you believe to something, you should actualy have evidence first. Or do you believe anyone what they say without presenting evidence for extraordinary claims?

2 Likes

All I see from the OP is a bunch of ancedotal observations. The game can’t control how other people play, if you get teams that do XYZ bad thing, that’s just those players doing that bad thing. The game doesn’t know they’re going to do that… this is silly.

5 Likes

man. this forum is starting to look like some kind of Overwatch-themed Infowars.

4 Likes

Were you solo queue or in a buddy stack?

hahaha. It might not be trying to be evil lol.
All of this might just be a consequence of a poor matchmaking. The point still stands and will only be potentially solved by a much better matchmaker that avoids much higher & low skill players in the same match or by totally changing the balance, the best & worst case performances of each role. How practical or possible that is, i dont know.

Both, I made runs with doing solo Q, and even in 6 stacks from LFG, I didnt climb to diamond there tho from LFG but I was still climbing by using LFG, I would say its just slower than solo q.

3 Likes

“The Truth” is that if you play well and improve, you will climb.

I don’t believe it is a coincidence that the moment I put time into improving my gameplay I have also started climbing, from Low Gold ALL the way to High Masters on all roles.

But yeah, it is way easier to just blame the matchmaker for hating you or some weird bs

5 Likes

The matchmaker isn’t a person. It doesn’t have feelings, and it doesn’t want anything. It’s software with a very clear purpose:

Get people into games as fast as possible, that are as fair as it can make them.

People accusing the Matchmaker of doing all kinds of silly things are just looking for excuses to fit their perceptions.

Here’s what I recommend:

Take a spreadsheet and fill out the following columns:
New SR, Heroes Played, Role, Map, Attack / Defend First, Notes

Put 100+ games in there, at least 25 in each role, and see if maybe there are some different patterns that you can see that really don’t have anything to do with the matchmaker.

Come back and share the spreadsheet with everyone and maybe someone will help you calculate some data and help you discover where the actual problems are.

Maybe try out this guy’s spreadsheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/c7ivs7/overwatch_game_tracker_19_for_google_sheets/

It says it’s for Season 17, which was the last season before Role Queue, so it doesn’t support separate SRs for each role, but you could have three copies probably (or 4 if you play OpenQueue too)

1 Like

He may need to stick with torb.

I feel like threads like these give Blizzard waaaaaaay more credit than they deserve.

It’s a little hard to believe that their algorithm is so complex that it analyzes every movement of every single player enough to make a that characterizes each player with a 100% accurate profile (regardless of good days, bad days, and circumstantial changes and probability) and spends the entire queue time specifically rigging matches such that you, and specifically you have to stick to one role that’s been arbitrarily assigned to you.

I think the better explanation is just people at your MMR suck. And that’s not really meant as a dis on you, but they just don’t know how to push with tanks or focus healers, they just shoot what’s in front of them and play CoD scare tactics when shown a minor threat. And again, since the matchmaker isn’t perfect, sometimes it does well and matches you up closely, other times it doesn’t. Just because it misses the mark sometimes doesn’t mean it’s rigged lol

This… is literally exactly what I’m talking about.

All these conditions can vary a lot. So… if you can’t make a video and point out your skill play by play… why are we assuming the matchmaker can do the same in order to rig these matches when it surely can’t account for nearly as much nuance as a live human?

3 Likes

this might be the most wrong ive seen someone be on the forums in a while.

first and foremost; dps isnt “the carry role”. in terms of impact per match it goes tank > support > dps. dps is by far the weakest

if you arnt climbing as a tank its because you dont understand HOW too do so. simply makin space isnt enough, you have to make space then take advantage of your own space. a higher elo tank can do this with ease in a lower elo. as you improve you slowly gain this power so you climb. and as you improve and climb so do your team mates so they start to take advantage of the space you made.

healers have some of the most busted kits in the game, so a bap that knows how too time lamp so no one ever dies. or an ana that always gets a great nade or sleep will win SO much.

a smurfing dps can carry but they can also be shut down very easily by a tank. ask any hitscan how annoying dva can be.

2 Likes

I hope i can get some actual thinking replies from those that can read and understand.

These ‘YOu aRe finding eXcUseS’, ‘yOU wIll cLimB iF U gIt GuD’ dont have a clue what the post is actually about.
Please make sure you have some comprehension skills before blindly replying and repeating the same old propaganda. It might be too much to ask i guess, not everyone can change their programming, some are just made to be parrots and defend everything about the system like the NPC’s they are.

This never was a, complaining about my rank post,If you actually know how to read i talk about casual which does not necessarily even have a rank. Well i guess it has its hidden so does ranked MMR is the skill rating not SR and why that is is a whole another debate even if we assume it is to be accurate.

This is more precisely about the relative skill difference between players which inevitably happens because MM is not perfect probably cant be and its intended or unintended consequences on the roles you play and the type of teams you get favoring or disfavoring certain classes.

1 Like

To translate this, you want only replies from people who agree with you right?

I do, i read your description of roles and its wrong.

Just read what guy above your post wrote about roles and which one of them can carry better.

But for me it depends on rank, generaly speaking all roles have exactly same chance to win and carry games, only heroes are different with carrying power.

But it is exactly that tho as you keep listing reasons why you are not climbing while playing well.

2 Likes

u people are delusional just stop spending 10 hours crying on the forums and put that time into improving at the game, see how fast u’ll start climbing

3 Likes

His problem is that he is trying to make up excuses why he is not climbing because he thinks he is playing better now than he did in past.

OP didnt show us any gameplay. I would gladly help him climb and give few tips to him but its pointless without watching his gameplay and knowing his usage of time in overwatch and how it is distrubted to roles and to how many heroes.

He is level 5 endorsement so he probably plays a lot. I could guess that he is playing too many heroes at once and repeating same mistakes as he has some bad habbits which are hard to fix if you repeated them thousands times before by playing a lot.

1 Like

Do you think we dont have bad team mates? We do, i have them often, but you will have good ones too. If your team mates are not good, you have to make sure job is done and its your responsibility if you want to win, never expect being carried by others or dont think they will do job right if you are not making sure of that. Tank is just not about making space, tanks can get many kills.

It absolutely does matter because the more you know how to play and less mistakes you do, the better carry you will be to your team. You probably didnt improve as much as you think. I know its harsh, but it possibility.

Why should others who are worse than you be placed with better team mates and you with worse ones by playing good? . How does this make sense? System will try to push you out from rank you dont actualy belong in.

Wait… So you claim that your mechanical skill is almost twice as good as it was few months ago but you didnt climb? Maybe mechanical skill isnt the reason why you are not climbing? It can be game sense or not grouping up. Doing 15000 dmg instead of 7000 is useless if you for example feed enemy healers by shooting tanks nonstop but not killing them. Or getting dmg and kills while half of your team is dead.

You can surely explain that, but can you actualy provide evidence for that also? It is super easy, just post 3 replay codes from your competitive games. If you are willing to listen i can try to help you if you post replay codes. I promise you that I wont use it to make fun of you. I will try to help you. If you are below my own rank of course. I would not try to help soneone who is higher.

I have question for you, if your team mates are so often bad, why dont you try LFG? You can pick your team mates there? Or you know what? I can even play with you, i want to see so bad team mates on my own eyes. Would you like to group up?

1 Like

actually I would like to take you up on this offer
so that you can see for yourself how ridiculous games I get
But I’m in EU so you would have to play in EU region
And if we make it to mid-Diamond (Where I Belong) within a reasonable timeframe say 1-week I am willing to concede that there is no rigging

Well, i am EU also, but i fear that i cant play with you. I wasnt playing actively last few months and i usualy play on my alts between bronze - plat anyway. Low-mid diamond was my peak but i didnt play there for months. I would drag you down with my skill honestly.

It is interesting offer tho, i never play with anyone above 2900. Always solo q. Sadly i am not sure if i ever will want to take Como seriously enough to climb above 3000 again. I am currently shortly after more than month break from ow. I am only playing on my alt lately, maybe if i will climb enoug and will be for some reason interested to push ranks, i will contact you in future and we can try together.

But i am waiting for Diablo 2 Ressurected and OW will probably die for me as main game i play for good when D2R will be released.

1 Like

this is the equivalent of thinking a math test is rigged

3 Likes