Missing relationship

Is there mother-son or father-son relationship in Overwatch?
The only father’s son I know is Sojiro Shimada, Genji and Hanzo’s father. But we don’t know anything about him expect he was leader of Shimada Clan and he’s dead now.

2 Likes

Aside from Genji/Hanzo…

• Baptiste is an orphan

• Lucio’s dad worked for Vishkar (past tense, possibly dead)

• Harold Winston died on the Moon

• Doomfist’s parents owned a prosthetic company

Any other parents for male heroes, we have never heard. So I would say this relationship is unlikely with the current cast. Closest you get is Harold in Recall.

2 Likes

I assume that the majority of the middle aged Overwatch cast (genji, mccree, mercy) either lost their parents by the time they joined or they weren’t good for them.
Like, we know that Mercy lost her parents in the war, and that Genji’s father dying is what (I) assume led to the deadly confrontation that brought him to overwatch, and assuming with what little we know of McCree’s past (deadlock to blackwatch) I’ve always assumed they either didn’t care for him or were dead.
Hoping for other cases (like D.VA) we kinda get some parent/daughter/son relationships
also obviously ana/pharah but even they’re negative at the current moment

Pharah has a relationship with her father as well! His name is Sam, and Pharah visited him in Canada for Christmas :smile:

1 Like

The devs confirmed that wasnt Pharah’s father to my knowledge.

1 Like

Who are you talking about? We know Pharah’s father is the public servant Sam, the man she ate with in Reflections over Christmas and in Ana’s Archives spray.

3 Likes

One of the devs made a social media post saying that wasnt Pharah’s father I believe.

Source? The lead writer Michael Chu has confirmed repeatedly that Sam is Pharah’s father.

4 Likes

Ashe’s parents were possibly still alive, but they rarely paid attention to her. Poor girl who never experiences love from her parents.

From the Reflections comic where Reaper stared at a family, they might be his relatives.

1 Like