Missing Genji skins after the release of season 8

I opened a support ticket and was told to submit something to the devs here about this issue.
After updating overwatch 2 and launching season 8, I noticed I no longer own the OW1 Contenders Home and Away skins, as well as the Overwatch 2 Overwatch League White and Gray skins for genji. I can see the Contenders skins in the “unowned” section of the hero gallery, but they’re locked and have no indication of how to get them. The overwatch 2 league skins dont even show up in the unowned section. I know of a few friends who are also missing the skins, but I’ve seen other people who still own them in their inventory. It seems like the reason for them still owning the Contenders skins is that they had one of them equipped when the update came out, and they stayed in their hero gallery. Has anyone else run into this? How do I get an Overwatch 2 Dev to see this and help me out?

41 Likes

me too!!! none of my friends have theirs either

4 Likes

yup, contender genji skin gone for me as well

3 Likes

+1, I’ve also lost access to the OW1 genji contenders skins (PC).

2 Likes

Same here, contenders skin missing

1 Like

Mine are missing as well, put in a support ticket and was essentially told sucks to suck, not their problem.

1 Like

+1, I’ve submitted a report here five days ago on this very topic, my OW1 Genji contender skins are missing as well.

1 Like

same here, contenders genji skin gone

1 Like

Yea same, don’t have the genji contenders away or home

1 Like

me too
It disappeared after the update

1 Like

same here I was in role queue when clicked on Genji it was the OW2 skin instead of the green and white skin contenders away, now they’re gone

1 Like

Same, Gengi’s contenders skins are both gone, missing from both my daughters accounts as well.

1 Like

Same here, I had both the contender and away skins from overwatch 1 and they’ve been gone for a while.

1 Like

Mine as well leaving a comment so hopefully the devs can fix!

+1 having similar issue please fix

I lost mine skins as well, I haven’t gotten a response yet. :c

same, I also miss my genji skins

I was playing and noticed that none of my OWL skins were showing up in my “Random from favorites” rotation. Is this a bug of some kind? Has there been any updates? Would love to get some of my favorite skins back. Much love.

2 Likes

Literally yes my issue as well

2 Likes

Me too!! I owned the contenders away skin and now it’s locked!!!

2 Likes