Missing cosmetics/store purchase

I have a specialized question regarding the account merge:

So yesterday, I merged my Xbox console account to my husbands Battlenet. I forgot to do it earlier on when suggested to me within OW1, so I hurriedly did it yesterday as soon as I was able to get into OW2. Now, I completely forgot about cross progression, and realized too late that he and I, owning a console copy (I play on console), and a PC copy (he plays on PC) means that I merged the console progress to his PC progress, which he should now receive once the bug is fixed.

Realizing my mistake, I quickly made my own battlenet account, unlinked the console account from his battlenet (he now has the 365 day cooldown, great), and connected it to my new one. How f’d am I? Have I lost everything earned on the console? All skins, progress, golden guns, etc. I say this, because I am now reading about how you only get one chance to merge and you better triple check you’re merging the correct accounts to each other. I would be extremely disappointed if that’s really it, and would probably never come back to the game, if suddenly everything I’ve bought and worked for over the past 6 years has now been erased.

1 Like

yea suffering from the same issue, all my data basically got wiped and im even a level 1 now making me do the tutorial and all, i hope they fix this soon

yes let me go rebuy 400$ worth of stuff

evreything except for 2 skins are gone for me none of my old comp seasons skins or golden guns they need to fix this sxxt asap

I did all the appropriate measures (linking account) to make sure I have all my stuff from overwatch 1 and I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt by not contacting support yesterday on release cause I can understand the volume of players trying to get into Overwatch 2 but now its the second day and still none of my progress from Overwatch 1 has merged. It keeps saying “in queue” on the account merge tab, please could you resolve this, I played Overwatch 1 for 5 years and always loved Blizzard. I’ve lost about 11 gold guns which I grinded countless hours and probably easy thousands of skins and items. My account is on Xbox and my gamertag is Cutmex.
Thank you!

5 Likes

Good to see that it is a known problem and the team is actively working on it! :slight_smile:

I lost everything as well… 5-6 years of grinding down the drain. I only played on Xbox and both my Xbox and Blizzard account are linked ever since the Heroes of the Storm event to get the Genji and D.va skins. Hopefully this get resolved, all the hard work I did for the golden guns and event skins/sprays would have been for nothing…

I’m in the same boat. All of my OW1 stuff is gone. I sat in the queue for the first time today on Xbox Series X. When I got in I was sent to battle.net for SMS. Did all the passwords and entered all the codes sent to my email and phone. I have only ever had one Battle.net account, in the same name as my gamertag, GLFan2814. Merge account on the main OW2 screen does nothing when I click on it. I’d really like my skins, emotes, player icons and sprays back!

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Yea I lost everything on my account all my data avatars everything from skins to wins time played sprays just literally everything blizzard pls fix this I’ve spent so much money on this game

1 Like

is there any news of when all the bugs will be fixed because i really don’t want to have to spend anymore money or time on a game with so many bugs. i have been missing all of my skins everything overwatch 1 and not only that but the login errors does make me want to unistall the game forever.

1 Like

Missing all my cosmetics as well from OW1, kind of sucks, hopefully they can fix it.

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue but instead everything is gone from my account. I don’t understand, I was a level 200 and bought like 50$ of Halloween loot boxes like 3 years back and now everything is gone.

1 Like

No something is wrong with the merger because it’s all of us and many of us myself included had almost everything unlocked and now we have lost everything.

3 Likes

Already had my PSN and battle net linked and now I lost everything hopefully this get fixed soon such a downer probably won’t play the game if it’s not fixed

2 Likes

Still no update on this? Wow!

7 Likes

I spent a lot of time and even some good money to get some of these cosmetics just for them to be lost forever if this isnt fixed many people will probably stop playing for good

1 Like

same havnt played overwatch in a while and now all my skins are gone in OW2 apparently you had to merge or something?

2 Likes

I played since the beginning of the game and now I have nothing I have not played overwatch in like 4 months and now coming back I have nothing like really all that time gone

1 Like

Same here except I lost everything my account had, cosmetics, stats progress

2 Likes