Mini latency spikes, game stutters during them

When using Doomfist’s punch or Reinhardt’s charge I get these small latency increases +5-10ms and the game stutters.
I’m getting these orange icons on top left as well.
Am using ethernet cable connection, in case someone asks.
How can I solve it? I’m getting 180+ FPS generally, and these stutters still happen, it’s very annoying and disorienting when using these movement abilities.

1 Like

Those icons are there to alert you about packet loss/unstable connection occurring.

If you choose Network Icons from the drop-down on that page you’ll see the details for each.

So they very occasionally appear. I went through the steps in the troubleshooting already, and also contacted my ISP, they checked it and said that there’s no problem on their end.

Most iSPs consider up to 5% packet loss “no problem.” Because 5% packet loss doesn’t prevent you from connecting to anything or streaming anything (especially due to buffer). But if the icons are appearing, you’re getting packet loss, which would explain the behavior you’re experiencing.

So what do you suggest I should do? I’ve seen people running some tests on here to diagnose their issues, but I know nothing about that. Perhaps doing something like that could give a clearer picture?

FWIW, my friend uses the same ISP and isn’t have any such issues on OW.

Is your friend in the same house as you? If not, this information wouldn’t help diagnose the problem.

Yes, you can run a test. They got the information from the pinned thread at the top of this forum.

Continuing the discussion from Common Technical Issues and Solutions:

Would pathping and traceroute results be helpful as well?

They aren’t really necessary unless you can’t login.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.