"Meteor strike isnt meant to be used offensively"

All because it could kill the 2 slowest characters in the game btw cuz god forbid the switch to faster heroes

Blizzard logic astounds me

Imagine dying to an ult that can be countered by playing around a corner.

It is not for running away. It is for zoning.

“MEteorrr strike!!” … “in this evacuated area over here”

maybe it should be faster? so he can engage more quickly with it. Use it not to get kills, but engage and hit many enemies giving yourself a lot of shields… and maybe hitting enemies charges his gauntlet? Something like that. I think if its purpose is left as is (getting kills) it will always be used as an escape bc I don’t think they actually want to buff it to a consistently killing ultimate.

Yeah, wish he had something that screamed “I will not fall” or “You are trapped here with me” energy

Like creating a big ring that keeps enemies from escaping as Doom bops them around. In essence, shrinking with every second, bringing you closer to his mighty… fist. :astonished:

Ramattra kind of captures what I imagined (“Deal with me or sit down”) but I guess the devs wanted to keep his DPS kit and flanky/hit and run playstyle haha. Curious what he’ll get in PVE or in future lore

But zoning abilities stop you from going into an area.

This ult doesn’t do that because everyone knows it won’t kill you.

For 10 seconds, he should get a massive defense boost and an incredibly quick charging and firing rocket punch. Call it Usurper Mode or whatever.

I think they could just give him full overhealth and one shot in his punch for a few seconds…

Or just make the ult more powerful :joy:

That is exactly why it is for zoning and not for killing.

It doesn’t have to kill you to make you move away.

Then it should cost less. If Meteor Strike is going to be as offensively weak as it currently is then he should be able to use it more often as a regular part of his moveset.

But no one moves away…

How many hours of the new Doomfist do you have?

1 Like

The fact that they added a slow to it makes it obviously meant to be used offensively. It’s just bad.

What it would play like

Make his meteor strike apply a gravity effect, drawing in the enemy team when landing! Like orisas ult!

It’s not zoning anything, there is no reason for a team to disperse when the enemy Doom ults. All it does is leave his team wide open because their tank has literally removed themsleves from the map.

Okay. What would you do to Meteor Strike to make it better?

-Outer rings does 70-100 dmg cuz 15 is stupid

-Landing shockwave has knockback so he doesnt get insta-railed the moment he lands and he makes space (his job)

-Ult gives u all your abilities back

What if it also knocked everyone in the blast radius to the ground. The same as Shatter?

It was supposed to do that originally come to think of it, Jeff said it did that in his update video years ago. Could make it a lot better.

1 Like