"Meteor strike isnt meant to be used offensively"

Newsflash

If you have a tank character w/ An ultimate ability thats only good for RUNNING AWAY

MAAAYBE its a bad ult?..Didja think of that sherlock? :slightly_smiling_face:

34 Likes

It’s just a DPS ult with numbers tweaked to disguise it as a tank ult. It needs a re-work.

9 Likes

I feel it’s an engage tool because it will cause the enemy team to break formation and also you can use it to clear a payload but past that? I couldn’t tell the ult needs to apply a buff of some sort imo.

It simply needs to have a larger outer ring and higher overshield cap. The slow is decent, the combo potential is fine, the only problem is that it doesn’t give enough shields for doom to justify using it offensively.

2 Likes

More like a cue to dive bomb doom’s team because he literally removes himself from the map as the team’s only tank

at best he kills a squishy by pure luck and slows you down for a few seconds, it’s not something that warrants a break in formation.

1 Like

Honestly, the ONLY way I think we can fix this is if he teleports his team as well but at that point we’d have to slow and speed up the ult.

I agree, it’s lackluster, the slow is cool but the ult itself is bad (honestly the only ult that is worse imo is Bastions Artillery).

I remember vividly that in the game ‘Transformers Fall of Cybertron’ Megatron had the ability to rocket jump into the sky and hover for a short time and crush into the ground from there, that would be a fitti ng rework of DF Meteor Strike.

It made sense when he was a super divey DPS who would overextend as much as he wants and then use his ult to escape. With DPS!Doom, not having to save your abilities to escape gave you a really good shot at getting a pick or two and surviving. Which is more than you can say for, like, Deadeye or Barrage.

With Tankfist? No idea what his ult is for.

1 Like

Imagine if he just had a really cheap ult that just gave him a free Empowered Punch.

2 Likes

Just lower the damage in the center ring so it can be faster and with less end lag. Then we won’t need to worry about it one-shotting Ana players and it can actually be used offensively.

It isnt good at doing that. Uninronically ball’s piledriver is far more effective as it has more effective range and damage. Not only that, piledriver has hard CC, while meteor strike only has a bad slow
Yes meteor strike kills squishiest at the center, but you only get hit by it if you’re stunned or are dumb and walk into it. You can literally walk it off it is cast right on your head

The only thing meteor strike is good for is being instantly put to sleep or hooked.

2 Likes

Hi Mesme,

Meteor is not a tool to engage with, this is a waste of the ult. The design of the ult is as stated, a escape tool. The idea is that a Doom is able to engage with all abilities then get out to get another cycle of abilities. If you use the tool to engage, chances are you only get one round of abilities. I see how you’d think you’d use it to clear, but it doesn’t do enough damage to be effective at that.

i consider myself very offensive actually

jokes aside, its definitely the worst ultimate in the game considering many characters like moira and reaper have free escape abilities that are on a cooldown and not their entire ultimate

2 Likes

It’s an awful ult for a tank as it actually removes your tank from the game for several seconds.

1 Like

Too bad they can’t fix this in code, I lost a control map that way. Meteor strike in overtime to buy time with overhealth on impact–DEFEAT. :sob:

1 Like

Keep meteor strike the same, but make it give you a automatic empowered fist when you land with it.

It’s only an engage tool for the ENEMY, because they just step 5m away from each other, turn, and then melt Doomfist when he lands. EZ win, boyz.

put doom back to dps. he is piontless a tank. i dont even play him… i ust destroy him all the time its getting boring

Meteor strike was the worst DPS ult, they just added minimal CC and called it a day when moving him to tank. The tank role has some of the most powerful ults and they somehow thought that MS was on that level…