META: The forums need a change

It is too cluttered here with posts about every single topic you can think of. The descriptor “anything Overwatch!” is simply too broad. You need gameplay discussion, hero discussion. Sub-forums for all heroes. You need to specify further, so that the forums are easier to sort through and read.

If the forums are too cluttered, no one’s voice is going to be heard. It’s impossible for anyone to sort through the new-thread-every-3-seconds pace of the forums, especially with it all grouped up in one assorted spot. This thread will probably be buried because no many people will see it because there are so many threads being made in this forum category!

If nothing is done about the forums structure, I highly encourage people to not make new threads. Search for old ones, make mega-threads, post in current threads. Stop making new threads because yours got buried. Don’t make a new thread for a very small topic with barely any room for discussion. Don’t make new threads because you think no one is listening (those threads get buried too!).

5 Likes

We’ve been saying this since the old forums, but they don’t seem to care.

3 Likes

They’re going to have to care, because the impact of this is terrible.

It’s easier for them to ignore us when we’re all in the same place.

5 Likes
  • Having a hero discussion subforum, with sub-subforums for every hero or perhaps role category.
    Here people could complain about balance, give hero tips, share their plays/ask for advice and also again complain about balance.

• Having a creative side subforum, where players can submit their overwatch related fanart, music and writing.

4 Likes

It would make things a lot easier to sort through, and the developers wouldn’t have so much trouble trying to find our voices.

It might cut down on trolling. But it might make for some very strong echo chambers.

The biggest issue is that they may have to hire on and pay more people to moderate. Which would be a hard case to make after firing 800 people.

It would be in their best interest to invest in a more organized forum so they can more easily understand each person’s voice. How it is now, trying to understand what everyone’s voice is, and trying to pinpoint what people want is hell.

The forums are still in a Mercy meta with almost every single post mentioning her or derailing to talk about her. Please nerf.

If all of these posts were in a Mercy sub-forum, the forums would be far easier to sort through.

1 Like

Because the world needs more echo chambers?

What’s wrong with an echo-chamber if there is no enforcement of a particular mindset? Perhaps everyone truly is in agreement for certain matters.

Give Nox comment of the day👌

1 Like

It makes it less likely that people who disagree will respond to your topic, because its tucked away. That kind of constructive criticism is necessary on the forums, like pollination.

Inb4 “at least there will be less trolls,” those are the kinds of people that search for topics just to disagree with them.

There’s a Mercy topic on the forums right now where a concept has now been turned fleshed out idea. That would have been less likely if you had to search for Mercy topics to see it.

I’m certain more people would reply to a disagreement than a copy of another thread simply due to the controversial nature of disagreeing.

Disagreeing isn’t trolling.

An echo-chamber doesn’t mean a flood of the same topic. It references lack of diversity in opinion.

I’m not trying to be rude but you lost me here. I don’t understand what you’re trying so say other than something about positive topics (i think?) Get more traffic than controversial ones?

Agreed.

Yeah, and (on these forums at least) people tend to already segregate into groups based on hero choice. Its helpful to a tank discussion when dps and support mains join in. I think dividing the forums physically will divide us more metaphorically as well.

Sorry I meant reply to a disagreement.

These sub-forums will create a place for these people to discuss, and those curious to read, where they’re not fighting over visibility.

It probably makes it easier for them to ignore us :wink:

Let me see if I have forwards:

You think that because controversial topics get more attention, people that say, post a “Junkrat is fine” topic, will be able to get enough traction to off-set the decrease of random browsers entering topics?

Hot? Cold?

If you post on the Mercy sub-forum, where a lot of Mercy mains are, “I don’t think Mercy needs buffs,” your thread will get near endless supplies of reasonings and discussion as to why they think otherwise. The fact that it’s a sub-forum on its own will deplete the random topics throughout the forum.