Merging Question/Problem

I just get a “switch accounts” QR image…

I think scanning the code/going to the page, you should be able to link your PS account

This is where it sends me, I don’t get any option to link my psn account… Other than steps on how to do it… My battlenet connections is definitely saying connected to my psn account though!

1 Like

Damn, that sucks. I really hope they find a way to allow merging without needing the physical consoles. Otherwise it’s gonna screw over a lot of players who no longer have those systems.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems daft. There’s got to loads of people who have more than one account simply because they changed platform. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or finances to simultaneously run multiple systems.

Is annoying because my battlenet account is definitely linked to my old psn account and saying “connected” on the battlenet connections page so surely it can’t be that difficult to “confirm” it on blizzard’s end?? Hoping they find a fix to this unless I really am missing something obvious already.

If I really do have to log on to a playstation then I guess I’ll have to try and borrow my nephew’s although that’ll be a bit of mission (not to mention downloading ow on to it). But honestly, don’t want to lose the chance to get all my season 1 stuff back, pink mercy etc… as sad as that may seem.

1 Like

You can verify all of your account connections and link them from account.battle.net/connections

5 Likes

Thanks Craig, so to confirm… if I can see the accounts I want linked at the connection page you just linked above, I don’t need to physically confirm anything else through the in-game client(s)?

I’d say that, to add into people who might get screwed over, those who no longer pay for online for one or another reason

Like imagine having to buy a month of the subscription just to merge accounts, that’d suck

1 Like

You do want to confirm in-game, because that tells us those are the accounts you want and we are good to go to merge them when we launch.

4 Likes

But that’s what the whole thread is about… I no longer have my PlayStation to go on and confirm…

I‘d love some help to because I dont get it at all lol. How am I gonna get my PS4 progress onto my xbox? I only had the option to merge my xbox account with battlenet. My PS account is nowhere to be seen lol
It does however say that my PS account is already linked to my battlenet.
Am I missing something?

Yeah. Are we supposed to be seeing some way of confirming our psn accounts in-game through xbox? Cos I’m not seeing anything like that at all.

To clarify, you can confirm in-game on the PC for all console accounts, right? When I logged in on my PC I saw both my Xbox and Switch accounts, so I think you can confirm all consoles when logging in on PC without physically booting up any console.

That would require me to have the game on pc tho right? Which I don’t!

I was under the impression you didn’t need to go on to the console/s in question to confirm. I thought that as long as you linked the accoutns to your bnet account any/all information stored by those account will be merged.

Are we now being told we have to actually log in on each console and confirm something?

Log in to your xbox and confirm the account there. As long as you’ve connected the accounts in your actual battle.net settings, you can log in on any platform and confirm in-game. I confirmed my PS4 connection on the PC client. I wasn’t forced to go dig it out and pay for a PS+ membership to confirm the connection.

Edit: I just saw your post saying you don’t see anything on the xbox to confirm you account. Check it again, there should be an option on the main menu of OW that says, “Account Merge” right at the bottom of the menu list.

Yes, I’ve been to the ‘account merge’ tab in-game.

I then had to confirm merging my xbox account to my battlenet account with a long press of the A button. There was no sign of any psn accounts or anything else being merged, just my xbox handle.

Getting lots of different answers and advice, this is way more confusing than I’m sure it needs to be!

Go to account.battle.net and make sure you see your PSN account connected there. From what I’m seeing, you should only need to verify the connection once and you shouldn’t need to log in to each console’s version of OW. As long as your accounts are all linked on the bnet settings page, confirming once should be enough, regardless of where you confirm from. It just sounds like your PSN account isn’t connected to your main bnet account for whatever reason, and that’s why it’s not showing on the xbox connection confirmation page.

It would be nice if either blizz themselves or Wyoming could give better clarification on this, though. It certainly is confusing.

I think I get what you’re saying, but there is no ‘confirm’ button(s) on the battlenet connections page.

I can see that both my psn and xbox live accounts are linked with battlenet but I’m being advised officially and otherwise that these need “confirming” and that the way to do this is in-game.

I can, and have, done this in-game for my xbox account on my series x (no mention of my psn account anywhere on this screen BTW) with a long press of the A button. I’m now just paranoid and assuming I need to do the same with my psn account but scratching my head how I do this with without a console anymore.

This needs some official guidance as it is as clear as mud!

Strange. If they’re connected on the bnet website, you should see all of your connected accounts on the left, and the main bnet account on the right when trying to confirm in game. If they’re not there and all you see is the xbox account, something is certainly up. You might have better luck opening a support ticket online via bnet, rather than waiting on clarification via the forums.