Merge Mercy beams + New Ability đŸ’„

Finally a new fresh original Mercy thread!

I see ir concerns but it’s not like she’s gonna be invincible all the time. Even if mercy wants to pocket her with halo for the whole game, you still have 6s to stun her. Also its ain’t like tracer is only killable by stuns you know. People can actually try aiming instead of using stuns all the time. And don’t get me wrong I do think tracer is a bit overpowered. I mean I used to have one of the most famous posts talking about how strong she actually is. Well before brig I mean.

Dw I didnt want to change anything about GA so I disnt even mention it. Of course she’s gonna keep it

Maybe i don’t have as much play time as you. But i also played since release of the game, played in M/GM/T500 games, have the input of 40+ other players which play many different heroes over all ranks (From B-T500), have a very good instinct for design and how to work out things and analyse the Mercy situation and it’s surroundings since way before her rework.
So i think my input is not as unviable as you think.

It’s still effectively removing one ability, e.g. limiting her gameplay to even less things you can do. That could (and that’s a very thin could) be okay if Valkyrie wasn’t her Ult anymore, but because Valkyrie is in that suggestion her Ult, it won’t better anything and would make things only worse.

Also, a green beam is just again something very unpolished and Mercy is already the worst polished hero in the game. Again, not a good thing.

It’s better than nothing and involves way more than just right click/left click. The strategy behind it would just again be lost, leading to a even more boring set playstyle.

Dmg boosting is just as good as always and only because her healing is lower doesn’t mean that it’s useless. Well timed Dmg boosts don’t take more than a sec to have a good amount of impact, that’s not diffrent with the current Mercy. Mercy is just overall too weak. That has nothing to do with her healing being at 50 HP/s only.
The Dmg management is close to be the most appealing thing about Mercy. Take that away and you really have nothing but a brick of a design.

You look at that in the wrong way. Zen needs to actively participate in the fight while his healin and DmgB fulfill a completely diffrent job, in a very different way than Nano boost.
The beam you are suggesting is just the same story as Mass Res to E res.
You take the Ult, throw some limitations on it which seem reasonable and call it a day.
You didn’t think about why Nano is on a resource, why it has a very specific timing, how it impacts the fight, what it costs to use it and how it feels to play against.
That 1 on 1 the same mistake the dev’s made wit hres on E. Only this time, Mercy has not one Ult on CD, but another one which has no CD at all. As well as Valkyrie which makes both Ult’s even stronger again.

Considering that Nano needs to be charged and well timed makes it already more skillful and much harder to use than the green beam. On top of that, Mercy has all her very good movement, which makes the close range argument almost void.

You think about Tank’s. I think about Dive having no counters again. Killing all the stun heroes like Brig becomes way easier for flankers which have Mercy in their back and Zen would be more likely used with Mercy in that case to make the Dmg and the survivability of the flankers even better. Leading to S5 again, but far more frustrating.

And as soon as Ult’s come into the equation, Dive would just burn through everything.
4 HP more might not be much. But 30 (150) is. On top of that no stuns or so with another healing orb and Dmg orb on targets
 I wouldn’t want to play that game.

I don’t say that it shouldn’t be that way, what i say is that Val can do to much for way to little effort, which makes it oppressive for other heroes. Res, anti CC with dmg reduction, chain ability which gives everyone a mini Nano (Best situation) and still the only with burst dmg killable moth. That’s very overpowered.

That’s not wrong but much higher range and speed in Valkyrie. The flexibility is just to good.

Do i care about that? That’s the Dev’s opinion, not mine and i think it’s save to say that it’s not the opinion of many others as well.

Well
 I don’t. They are to badly worked out and far to opressive for other sups to be somehthing worth trying.

I may add, everything which has Valkyrie not in it is better than the current Mercy.

1 Like

Or maybe
 keep her current kit the same, because using both at the same time while not ulted is a bit too much. But if she has both at the same time when she ults, with the graphic effects being both colors swirling around each other instead of green, it would be balanced and strong. Maybe increase the radius on t ht e AOE to maybe 10 meters, oh and mass res or 2 charge res for ult. Also MAYBE allow her to move while rezzing so Hanzo or Widow can’t snipe her (i’ll take damage reduction instead if possible). Because her ult is rather underwhelming atm and not providing to much.

False statement.

That’s almost as broken as Rez.

Too many enemy abilities displacing me around. I don’t want my allies displacing me too. In a highly coordinated team that communicates it’d be fine but barring that it’d just be really annoying. For every time the Mercy player actually saved someone, there’d be 9 times where all she managed to do was screw up their ult or something.

I like this. Adds alot of skill to Mercys kit. Although i still dont like Res. Like i just find it pointless to try and balance. Im pretty sure its only in the game to fit the lore or whatever.

Make healing and damage boost one beam on right click, and allow her to shoot with left click while doing it.

Fixed char for you. Battle Mercy would be a real and scary thing to behold.

1 Like

Im not gonna talk about those few times mercy switched to pistol for killing widow or defending herself. Also quick play battle mercy players. Everyone knows that Mercy’s damage is not comparable to Ana’s 3 shot kills and anti nade and sleep dart. Or moira’s lock on damage.
Seriously if you don’t have anything reasonable to say then don’t say anything.

So orisa’s fortify is the most broken ability in the game? Cuz not only it provides 50% damage resistance instead of 25%, it also prevents any kind of knock backs aside from stuns.

This.

hack will be exempt from this, but other than that I like it.

They didn’t say they don’t want to revert Mercy they didn’t say anything at all.

Thank you. :slight_smile:
I actually explained this in a reply, halo won’t prevent sombra from hacking the target. She still can disable her target but there are certain ults that are cancelled with stuns (including hack) during their cast time (like EMP, sound barrier, nano or hammond mines). This shouldn’t be a thing with Halo
there are also some ultimates that are cancelled with stuns (including hack) while they’re active (like whole hog or death blossom). I think it’s fair to say an anti CC should stop all kinds of CCs but I’m not sure if this is going to affect sombra too hard so I’m not implying that I want this one too

1 Like

Irony. You told a lie, I called you out on it and now you’re trying to make it my fault.

No. That’s an absolutely ridiculous and entirely baseless statement.

Orisa’s Fortify effects only herself, and she’s meant to be tanky. It’s her job tanky, and Fortify helps her do this.

But Mercy can target anyone but her self. Using it on a Tank wouldn’t be too problematic, but using it on an Nano-Weeb or a Zen when EMP is coming through?

Broken.

Ohh you caught me! I thought no one’s gonna remember her pistol when I was posting this!! Seriously? She barely does 200 or 300 damage PER MATCH. And I also thought people are smart enough to realize that

There are other ways to kill an enemy other than stunning them you know? Maybe try shooting too? Fps?

This ability prevents CC and hack isn’t just a CC. Sombra will still hack her target but there are ultimates that can be cancelled with stuns (including hack) while they’re being casted (like sound barrier)
Hack will disable abilities but won’t cancel these ults while they’re being casted

Hwo about when she ults she can give damage boost and heal at the same time

I think Her ult feels so useless and boring. That’s not gonna help her be more engaging at all

I’m aware of that :disappointed: but would make her a more viable pick

It’s not about a lack of intelligence. You told a lie.

Against a Nano-Weeb, who can kill a squishy in a couple of frames, CC is by far the most reliable way to stop him. Your passive aggressive post just comes across as arrogant, because it isn’t even pushing a strong argument.

CC (or Crowd Control) refers to abilities which can influence or prevent the actions of other players. Hack is only and entirely CC. It’s an interrupt and a silence.

So, for clarity, does Guardian Halo prevent Crowd Control or does it prevent stuns/interrupts?

You’ve claimed both on different occasions, but they come with different parameters.

1 Like

Like I said above, I think stopping other stuns are fine, but a silencers known as Hack to be exempt from the Halo affect.

1 Like