Merge Mercy beams + New Ability đŸ’„

The Big problem with Mercy is that she won’t be able to compete against Ana if she can’t have a decent utility.

But before we start, just remember All these ideas were brought up after realizing two facts:

1. Blizzard doesn’t want to revert Mercy
  2. Blizzard doesn’t want Mercy to better at healing (since they just nerfed her healing)

Caduceus Staff

• Damage boost decreased from 30% to 15%-20%
  • healing and damage beam are now merged into a green beam with 50HP/s and 15-20% damage boost

Comments: Mercy is the only healer that deals zero damage in a match. Also with her recent healing nerf, she can barely use her damage boost. With this change, Mercy can make up for her zero damage

Guardian Halo (New Ability)

Instead of damage boost, She now has a new buff ability called Guardian Halo that works like Nanoboost / Brigitte’s repair pack. What it does is:

• makes the target invincible against stuns (including freeze, hack, hook and pin)
  • gives the target 25% damage resistance
  • stands for 4s
  • has a 10s cooldown

Comments: With the number of stuns increasing every now and then, Mercy will be the first support that can actually support her team at dealing with stun heroes. I’m not sure about the duration and cooldown time tho

Resurrection

• no longer restricts Mercy’s movement
  • resurrected target will have Half the normal hp
  • has zero cast time during valkyrie
  • resurrected targets can’t be healed during the brief invulnerability after rez

Comments: This makes rez less unfun for Mercy also more counterable with the HP reduction. Also Valkyrie won’t be as unimpactful as it is

So whaddya think?

10 Likes

‱Halo
‱Heavenly charm
‱ Aura

3 Likes

I actually like Aura :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like Halo because it would be a good visual cue. You know which allies are protected at a glance. It would go a long way to making Mercy impactful again because at the moment she is just not.

My goal is to make her kit more interesting and engaging while keeping her balanced. I honestly don’t care if she stays meta.

All I want is to have all main healers as viable and fun picks so that no one would feel like they’re forced to play Mercy or Ana

3 Likes

I accually like the idea of a (kind of) remote “Fortify” as the new ability. sounds fun.
But I think Mercy should still at least get slower (like slowmo or sth) during the rez. It needs to stay counterable, but the half-health thing is really cool.

Finally, I don’t think the 2 modes of the staff should be combined. Maybe buff her healing with some slow heals after she is gone (like moira), but a strong dmg boost is sometimes better than constant (useless) heals. It would also make Mercys gameplay kind of brain dead, when you just hold the same all the time.

Right now she’s just a Rez bot. Or riding on Pharah’s coattails.

2 Likes

What about a life grip that pulls a teammate towards you. That is sort of like anti cc.

1 Like

I’ve spent much less time thinking about tweaks to Mercy than I have for Symmetra but Luminum’s suggestion about more heals the closer you are to an ally is still on the best i’ve heard. Mercy is highly mobile so it would synergies with her kit very well.

But an Anti-cc ability would be great.

2 Likes

Merging the beams together seems to just lower the skill floor too much, the hero is already really simple so doing anything that reduces that in any way is a no go.

Immunity to CC is a good thing in my book I just feel the need to mention that whatever ability you give her if you want it to flow welll enough on csonsole it has to be only usuable while she’s using the staff (Due to some wierd setup on Console any new ability for Mercy would have to be attached to the unused reload button)

3 Likes

Damage boost atm is obsolete. With mercy’s low healing (only 20hps over zen orb), she can’t switch to damage boost. I try to use damage boost as much as possible but lemme say it like this, I had game with 14k healing and 380 damage amplified.

Zen can Heal AND discord AND deal damage at the same time. Yet he isn’t considered braindead

1 Like

Guardian Angel
 Literally.

It could also just make it so the stun thing would have it’s duration lowered by 50% or something just so it it’s not exactly a fortify. Maybe even 75%. Definitely shouldn’t work on Sombra’s Hack tho.

Basically this? wow.gamepedia. com/Leap_of_Faith
Sorry about the link
 would write it normally but I lost my trust3 when I went to holiday and now I’m not even sure what I need to do to get it back as I have no way of tracking it.

The pros are all about efficiency. If this ability is added, they simply won’t play stun heroes anymore, because they want guaranteed value. So we’ll be right back in the dive meta because you can make Tracer immune to stuns so anti-dive doesn’t work anymore.

Also, hack is exclusive to Sombra and it’s not a stun (or even CC) so it definitely wouldn’t be effected by this ability. Stuns prevent movement and CC causes temporary loss of control of character. Hack doesn’t immobilize you and doesn’t take control of your movement so it’s not a stun or a CC. It’s a silence which is in its own category

2 Likes

But zens heal and discord is passive and he can kill people while dmgboosting and healing. Mercy just follows someone with a beam. Like I said, her healing needs to be changed.
She can’t heal as much as moira (80 I think) because moira has her heal meter.
tbh, she is a bit obsolete at this point. just her rez is good.

1 Like

Damage boost is not an option after the heal nerf. Mercy is a main healer and with her 50hps, there is literally no time for mercy to prefer damage over healing. It already feels like she has only one beam.

If damage boost is supposed to be a thing then her healing should be higher than 50. Or just replace it with sth else like I did. The only reason I think they should be combined together is to let mercy have some damage impact during a match since she has zero damage

The healing nerf was a desperate nerf to move her out of must pick status and it worked too well obviously
But if you’re moving rez out of E then you can go back up to 60 as long as your E isn’t OP

2 Likes

Firstly, these changes won’t make mercy a must pick. Her healing stays low so she won’t be in every game changing metas. Yes she will counter stun meta which is a good thing actually. Everyone hates stuns. But remember the ability is single use and has a 10s cooldown. You can’t stun one person every 10s at most

Hack cancels the same ults as stuns do. I dont care about other parts of hack. Just that part

1 Like

shielding hands :grin:

why not give mercy ‘infuse health’ on ‘e’ ? a modded gw1 version
 it would fit her style

You can hack Orisa while she’s using fortify, so any new anti-CC wouldn’t be hack proof either (you can even cancel Orisa’s ult while while she’s using fortify)

1 Like