Mercy's Winrate This Week

I can’t tell if you’re reffering to what I said and saying it’s wrong or not (I’ aa bit defensive on this topic cus it’s such a common belief that proper balance literally means gimping Mercy so she’s unplayable outside of SIlver)

48.5 % win rate, almost statistical noise… a barely less than 50% win rate… the horror… the horror

It’s okay if other characters have sub 50% win rates, but not the Swiss cheerleader…

5 Likes

Yes they are inaccurate but we know that she is the support with the highest winrate since blizzard confirmed it

1 Like

But how do we know that without proper winrates? I can say Ana is overtuned, having so much in her kit. Point is, overbuff may not be 100%, but it’s more reliable than nothing.

3 Likes

Honestly I hope her win rate drops even more, her pickrate too. Then they will have to change her and the most adequate way to do so is to revert her to a state we knew she worked. Like season 3 Mercy.

8 Likes

You’re wrong sister. Overbuff is still reliable.

2 Likes

True but every hero struggles in Bronze

Because blizzard confirmed that she is the support with the highest winrate and also she is a hero that if you one trick for a week you go to gm

1 Like

Would be nice, since apparently they won’t listen to anything else, but numbers. I hope they nerf her more, so we have a higher chance of a revert/rework.

4 Likes

When people will understand that mass rez will never come back ?

4 Likes

She could have an 80% pickrate and it would not make a difference if she was still on the bottom 5.

A strong pick is strong because it works comparatively. If everyone had the same winrate, you couldn’t tell who was a strong pick.

When will people understand that this iteration of Mercy is boring and not able to be balanced?

15 Likes

When will people stop dismissing the statistics we have as unreliable and inaccurate? They are very much still reliable and accurate.

1 Like

I do think it is important to point out that other healers got buffs, like Ana and Lucio, so naturally more people began to pick up those healers. Mercy got her healing reverted, two nearly non-existent healers got buffs, and we see the change.

Ana and Lucio’s pickrates started climbing, as they should–since they’ve been obsolete for multiple seasons due to being undermined–and Mercy’s started going down because of that shift. Then, you have people potentially not adjusting to the healing revert on Mercy, so they continue playing the same way and it begins to slightly skew her winrates.

It’s just basic statistics. Mercy cannot be wielding strong utility while being the best healer in every single situation. I truly believe if Resurrect was removed entirely, we’d finally get a more unique, engaging playstyle for Mercy because suddenly we’re no so limited with design choices.

1 Like

Then you have wild priorities. That isn’t what the developers meant when they said “strong pick,” and if you aren’t able to see that, then… shoot, anyone can take any meaning from anything the devs say. There’s no reason to logically think that the developers, for whatever reason, intentionally want a hero that is such a “strong pick” that they inherently win more other heroes.

Mercy dominated the meta for a year, and now that she’s gone, people have been and will continue to pick up heroes that, for once, aren’t Mercy. Add to it that Mercy’s kit isn’t perfectly suited for the current meta whereas Ana’s is? You have a hero who is seasonally in decline, much like other heroes will and have gone through.

Mercy cannot and should not be the number one go-to hero at all times. There will be situations where she isn’t appropriate, and there will be ranks where other heroes will outshine her. You continue to say “bottom five of the cast” but when being “bottom five” means “loses just under 50% of their games,” it doesn’t really matter if she’s at the bottom or fourth from the bottom. What this says is that she statistically very close to the average any hero would want, and that even the “worst” heroes can still be used to great effect, upwards of 48% of the time. This is about as balanced as you can ask for for a hero that is easy to use and requires minimal mechanical skill. To think Mercy deserves a higher winrate just because the devs casually used the word “strong” is silly.

6 Likes

I just do not trust Overbuff. People need to pretty much always give their data, and in general, complainers do that more than those who do not complain. So an influx in tilted Mercy mains giving their data to Overbuff, and that will scew results. Overbuff as a tool is just not very trustworthy.

That is your opinion. They have said if they tune her down too much they will revert her. So yes, that is just your opinion

7 Likes

Not happening my friend… they might adjust her but reverts aren’t Blizz’ style… I know the retort “meh, you don’t know that”, but given all the evidence it’s very, very unlikely a revert will happen… if anything they will tweak…

1 Like

They reverted her ult (Valk was in alpha) and her healing (from september 2016).

6 Likes

How is she in a good position compared to other supports? She has the lowest win rate in every tier with the only exception being second to last in Gold and below after Ana? The hero most comparable to her in terms of role and ease of use, Moira, is doing much better in every tier.

6 Likes