Mercy's Rez needs to be removed in my opinion

Okay, This post is not to flame mercy players, or, for lack of a better word, the “complainers” that have shared their opinion on the mercy changes made Jan. 30th. I am simply expressing what I’ve personally seen recently that has changed my view on Mercy as a whole. I’m a firm believer in removing Mercy’s rez ability, no doubt, it’s an unfair ability. The excuse that “You can have a mercy too.” doesnt work here, it’s simply put this game is first person shooter, not WoW. I realize that YES this is the company that made WoW, the 1st-2nd biggest MMO existing at this time, but that doesn’t mean you incorporate mechanics and abilities from another game into Overwatch. Even though they’ve already done so several times, that doesn’t justify a rez ability in a first person shooter in any way. If you can name a popular first-person shooter that has a rez ability, rated T, and has a large amount of players, Please do link it in the comments below, because to my knowledge, there are NONE, and that’s for a reason. A first person shooter is not a place for a rez ability, simply put. I realize this post is going to get mass-disliked because I’m “Just another salty kid that’s angry about a rez ability” but truly, I could care less, I just believe it ruins the immersion, and purpose of the game in general.

Let’s get on to another point on why Mercy’s rez ability should be removed - Monopolies.
Wait what??? Yep, monopolies, you know, those businesses that established the entire industry, and control everything…What the heck does that have to do with mercy though? Well, again, simply put, Mercy has established a “dominant” and “monopolized” role for the support heroes. She is played more than any other support, and this is just simply ridiculous. Forget lore, this isnt a lore-driven-genre. This is a competitive eSports genre, if you want to have lore, don’t make a first person shooter in my opinion. Why does only MERCY have a rez ability? Why doesnt Moira have one? You wanna talk lore, she manipulates DNA and physics, and she cant rez? exsqueeze muah? Now I know I know, “You said you wanted to remove it not add it to other heroes!”, this is true, I’m simply making the point that the fact one hero has a large advantage over another in a first person shooter is ridiculous, especially in the support meta. If you want to keep the rez, then change the ability completely. How about instead of being able to revive a dead team player, you can click E on them when they are low HP, and they become immune for 2 seconds or something? and take in more healing? The fact that a person that FAIRLY AND SQUARELY DIED can be rez’d is ridiculous, and I saw this first hand today, when I killed a reaper that was trying to solo take point as Widow, had to reload, and mercy comes flying in, breaks LoS, rez’s reaper from behind a wall practically, and the dude ults and kills the entire team. This is simply unfair.

1 Like

31 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018