Mercy's Old Mass Res Ultimate Should Have Been Reworked Not Removed

To the Mercy Megathread…

1 Like

I think this is an idea we should save for a defensive tank ult since the tanks we have now dont have any purely defensive ults.

Also why should it even be called Resurrect if its gonna get so drasticaly reworked? She isnt resurrecting you she is basically fortifying you… Yeah maybe this is a better rework for super charger after all.

What youre basically suggesting is to remove resurrect entirely from the game, something I completely disagree with.

2 Likes

Those three seconds were too much, they would force her back to staying out of the fight, which for a close range healer like Mercy isn’t an option. They could probably up it to as much as two seconds, but above that and her viability would plummet.

1 Like

Just because you feel Mercy is fine doesn’t mean others aren’t allowed to express their opinions. Your reply doesn’t offer any constructive feedback to the thread’s main post in any way.

They create these threads knowing that they’re just going to be moved. What is even the point anymore?

I guess because there’s a glimmer of chance that someone on the team might read it before it gets moved. It’s also a reminder that some people won’t give up until we get something that’s different and more cohesive.

Mercy would need to have less viability on her basic gear, if her Ultimate is going to be so impactful.

Mercy is supposed to be equal in pickrate to Moira/Ana.

(Yes Ana needs buffs for that)

Le hur le dur mass rez will never come back why arr you trying

I too, would have liked it if Blizzard had taken some smaller steps before tossing Mercy in the garbage bin and starting over

I think Mercy is slowly creeping back to must-pick territory. So she’s going to need changes eventually.

Yes, but those three seconds where a nightmare. It’s asking for Mercy to be played as Ana, that is without any real self sustain. It only takes one pellet to abort the regen and make the timer start over. Like I said, we could probably make do with up to 2 seconds, but above that and people remember what it truly meant for Mercy to be “un-fun”.

Because mass rez would help that

Also ever since her rework her pickrates always been high, ive never seen a situation where shes a must pick seeing how ever since the valk nerf she hasnt been in owl.

Exactly my first reaction…

Honestly resurrection is the most unique part of Mercy’s kit. I can’t imagine Mercy without res.

I hope somehow they can balance res and make it fun at the same time

You’re right.

My constructive feedback is thus:

There is a megathread dedicated to this, and I don’t believe yet another thread was needed.

They do. That’s why they move it… They don’t just ignore it and move. They store it in one mega thread because it will clean up the forums from being the same thing over and over again. It is the same sort of title, same responses and everything. They don’t just think “ehh mercy post, we will just sweep it under the rug”

People make the Devs seem like they don’t do anything. They do, and they have already stated that when she is in a bad place, they will bring her back. She’s in a good place, even after the rework.

1 Like

Are you sure about that last statement?

As far as I’m aware she has a higher pickrate in OWL than Moira and Ana combined.

50hp/s? Sure. The more broken Mercy, the better.

Haha if you believe they read almost any of the feedback then you’re probably mistaken. The read forum posts counters last I checked, on the profiles, didn’t indicate that it was likely. Their responses were also outside of the megathread initially and moved by someone else. The responses didn’t mention a single scrap of the feedback, except mentioning mass resurrect was off the table but there’s been quite a bit of feedback excluding mass resurrect which wasn’t mentioned at all. It was mentioning a point which wasn’t being discussed, pick rate, win rate and balance. People know she’s balanced, however there are other issues with her current kit.

Anyway I’ve said what I needed to in this thread so I’m going to leave it there and mute further notifications so as not to really go off topic unintentionally :slight_smile:.

Yes. The Mercy topics need to die. Blizz has stated over and over they will not revert her. There are other heros that need attention. Ana is one for sure. They have a Sym rework and I think they mentioned Torb would be addressed.

[Forum Moderator Note: Hey all! To help keep all of the High Elf discussion organized and easy to find, please add your thoughts to our current thread here.]