MeRcYs DaMaGe BoOsT iS fInE. lEaVe HuR aLoNe

Yea, an ability that holds an entire role hostage from getting balance changes because of damage break points is fine.

“Well what about discord? Thats busted too!” Yes it is, but at least Zen isn’t zipping around the map every 1.5 sec with the lowest skill movement ability in the game.

49 Likes

In B4 someone says everyone who wants her changed is a “biased dps main” and says the word HATE 5 times.

30 Likes

I thought people were still busy with Widowmkaer.
Maybe that’s the consequence of being gone for a few work days.

2 Likes

Question:
Do you believe Sojourn is balanced and it’s only Mercy making her a problem?

48 Likes

No, Sojourn would still obviously be overtuned even without dmg boost. That doesn’t justify dmg boost’s existence.

8 Likes

Just like Season 6 in ow1 was with mercy

1 Like

…I think this is the major issue with damage boost (and Discord to an extent):

• it limits the design space on all heroes future and present as the designers have to consider ‘will damage boost throw out the balance’… :thinking:
3 Likes

How dare you question the purity of such a divine being.

For this offense, you are doomed to suffer passive aggressive comments from users with absolutely adorable profile pictures.

Suffer, heretic.

29 Likes

Considering a majority of other movement abilities require a single input I’d actually say guardian angel is one of the higher skill movement abilities in the game.

30 Likes

So that being the case, do you understand why Mercy players are upset that their hero is being called for crucifixion because of another hero’s overperformance?
If you nerf Mercy - Sojourn is still a problem.
If you nerf Sojourn - Mercy goes back to being just another support.

Damage boost is only broken when a hero is already overtuned, imo

That said, i’m not exactly against changes to Damage Boost. I saw a suggestion on here a while ago suggesting changing it to a Fire Rate Boost. Personally I support that move since it doesn’t cause issues with high damage single shots (Window, Sojourn, Ashe, etc) but still improves the DPS of characters.

35 Likes

While it is, it’s also way too easy to boomerang around.

…nerfing Mercy also limits the capacity for all heroes present and future from becoming an issue however due to the team being able to balance without the ‘dmg boost’ restriction in mind… :wink:

1 Like

So nerf damage boost because doing math while designing heroes is too hard?

14 Likes

I didn’t say nerf her. Change the ability entirely. I’d argue removing mass res wasn’t a nerf, the changes removed a poor gameplay mechanics and made her more viable long-term.

Example —

Remove:
30% Damage boost

Add:
20% attack speed beam.
+5 HP/s to primary heal

This braindead dmg boost bot meta needs to go.

4 Likes

Until Zen chucks a damage orb on the target…

Fire rate boost would break heroes in ways HARDER TO CALCULATE AHEAD OF TIME.

5 Likes

You understand that:

1. it is a net nerf
  2. it creates more problems than it solves

Right?

9 Likes

Most movement in this game is just one push and done. Idk if you’ve never seen good Mercy schmovement before but it’s definitely not low skill.

16 Likes

Nope, it actually solves more problems than it causes :slight_smile:

It solves one ‘problem’ that is not a problem actually.

And it creates problems with muscle memory on many heroes. Like McRightclick, Mei, and so on…

15 Likes