Mercy's Current State

And the feelings that she is unfun is still opinion based. The Mercy debate is solely based on feelings at this point.

Feel free to apply at Blizzard and start working with them.

Best to be proactive when you want changes.

We’re playing a videogame, are we not?

How a character feels to play is the entire reason players play videogames.

5 Likes

Then why was she reworked because her ultimate was disheartening to play against? Seems like a double standard, really.

I don’t want to be associated with people who can’t even balance a game properly plus I’m like too young.

2 Likes

I respect you Titanium!

You make great posts.

I agree with what you’re saying. But we’re also failing to recognize the people who do like the way she feels and plays now. That’s the tricky part. There are plenty of people who like the way she is now, and although the forum is vocal with what they feel about it, they are a very small percentage of the player base. Both sides bring up valuable points.

It’s not tricky at all. People who liked the old Mercy had to suck it up when she got reworked.

4 Likes

It is quite tricky indeed. Maybe if we got a version of Mercy 1.0 and a version of 2.0 on the same character? Like you can choose a version for the whole game/match, and switch it up if they want to play the other version?

It’s tricky because there are people who feel old Mercy is better, and people who feel like current Mercy is better. Both parties think they’re right.

People just get mad when they get the answers they don’t like from Blizzard. It is very much a tricky situation.

She looks balanced now. Personally, I just say we leave her alone. She’s made other supports unplayable for like a year and a half, so messing with her the minute she stops is not reasonable to anyone else. I’m sorry if people don’t like the way she plays now, but frankly I think a lot of what they miss is being overpowered. Even if not, I don’t want to risk another rework that has a chance of completely ruining the game like Mercy 2.0 did for almost 6 months.

1 Like

Accept that’s not relevant to Blizzard because they reworked Mercy even though there were people who disliked it and people who liked it.

I support a “vanilla” version of OW that is like OW 2 months after release. I think it would provide us with true hindsight we’re all looking for.

You mean the Mercy from Halloween 2016?

Like Mercy from August 2016. Before the invulnerability. It wouldn’t just affect Mercy. We wouldn’t have any of the new heroes, and old mechanics would still be present.

That buff was hot garbage! Res was already strong if pulled off right, and the fact that they ensured it, lauched us into this whole mess.

That’s why I support a window to the past that we can actually relive. It would probably answer a lot of the questions and concerns we’re all having. Also, a good reminder to heroes that were even weaker before (Reaper), and things like that.

Mercy’s Quickplay pickrate right now is at 7%.

Prior to the rework, that same pickrate was at 12%.

That gives you an idea of how many people stopped playing Mercy because of the rework. Then consider that some people picked up Mercy because of the rework.

It’s safe to assume that we lost half of the original Mercy playerbase because of the rework, which gives us an idea of how many Mercy players were dissatisfied with the rework… and that is only basing that number off of the players who were angry enough to drop Mercy entirely. There are still a lot of people who play Mercy despite having a strong disliking for the rework.

6 Likes

Let’s ignore that 7% is a completely healthy pickrate…

“the mercy community has been continuously silenced” im sorry but a lot of the nerfs she gets she deserves, I don’t think a support character should have an ult that turns them into an attack helicopter flying around and getting more picks than anyone else in the game, I don’t think mercy should outheal most dmg, healing should be something used tactically, not point the pool noodle at people mindlessly and win.

A decent pickrate now doesn’t excuse a loss of nearly half of the playerbase.

Yeah it does, because it was way too high. People weren’t playing Mercy because they wanted to, they were playing her because she was powerful and won games. Now that the other healers are viable options, players are spreading out and playing who they want.

Or, to put it another way - reducing her pickrate was the entire point of the healing nerf.