MERCY: Whats REALLY going on

The crazy pick rate for mercy 1.0 is the reason she was talked about.

She didn’t have that good of a win rate, but, her game play was Amazing, so, she was played a crazy amount, and had a huge fan base.

The game play was destroyed by introducing lots of small annoyances into her kit where she couldn’t do what made her fun as much, and people left.

The issue is, the game play didn’t have to be destroyed, since it wasn’t the problem, but they ruined it as a side effect of trying to fix the problem.

Now you have people saying “Mercy mains just want her to be OP”, when she was the most played hero when she was most certainly under performing. So obviously that ISN’T what they want.

They just want her kit to be fun and flowing, and they USED to have that.

But, they are not being listened to, so we get a LOT of posts.

5 Likes

Ehh she’ll shoot past moira in terms of healing as far as overbuff is concerned but this change will make her an all rounder in terms of healing depending on how long the cooldown is I’d rather her not be great at healing tanks since that’s one of her downsides

I one trick Mercy too, well for the most part. Yeah it happens in literally every rank. Frankly less in GM compared to master.

And I’ve seen super not joining voice, I’ve played with him quite a bit while he was in diamond/low master on my DPS account, and a little bit in GM playing Mercy. I wondered why, and I kind of realized he plays a lot more than me. I handle the abuse because I don’t play that much, <100hrs a season on this account, so I understand, playing that much it’s difficult.

I still avoid him, cus yknow… nobody wants 2 Mercy one tricks on the same team ahaha.

Mercy has never been in a good spot since the beginning of the game, regardless of the dispute being about her being too good or lacking.

There is something fundamentally wrong with her as a character.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. She was in a good spot in season 9, and she’s in a good spot now.

1 Like

Why is Mercy the most talked about character for literal YEARS? Does the community want the Overwatch to revolve around the Mercy?

Why dont we see so much compassion for any other support?, where is the Lucio megathread?

There is something fundamentally wrong that she is a constant source in the forums for discussion.

3 Likes

Because they got something right with her?

It was bottled lightening. She was the easiest hero to get into flow state playing.

But, they have wrecked that. So her pick rate tanked, and people are upset.

It was never about her being OP or UP (expect during the moth meta) it was about her gameplay.

1 Like

That’s only half true. Yes, the other supports have been buffed, but Mercy has also been substantially nerfed. It isn’t that Mercy has been stagnant and other supports have slowly passed her through power creep. It’s that literally every skill in her arsenal has been made worse.

I’d love an overall skill rework, but with the new healer coming out, I just don’t see the Dev team putting that much effort into making an original character much, much stronger. They’re not going to touch the Rez again unless they’re going to make it even weaker. At this point, getting back to 60 hps feels like the best I can hope for.

3 Likes

She arguably has the best survivability and self-defense in the game.

2 Likes

omg if ur brother is super bondez tell him how much smack he keeps on getting from literally every single streamer for one tricking her XD

1 Like

You have to explain to me why it makes sense. A hero who only heals and does neither damage nor kill because he should be less than support heroes who do damage and kill? So what do I take it mercy?
You want to understand that every main support determines the compotitions, and that if there is only one main support at high levels it makes the game boring.
All main support must be viable, it has nothing to do with skill or no skill, it counts the fun and the variety of the game.
I am increasingly amazed by these statements by players who obviously don’t know the game.
I don’t think anyone here wants mercy that has healing burst similar to ana or moira, but returning to 60 hps would be normal.
Ana: 75 + 33.5 hps (grenade)
Moira: 85 + 75 (max 2 tick, orb) hps
Mercy now: 50 hps
Considering that moira heals aoe, ana in a limited way too.
What are you talking about?
If then you tell me that moira has resources to healing, it means that moira plays it very badly.
Mercy as main support does not have sufficient healing bursts. With 60 hps we return to normal. 60 hps for mercy since it doesn’t have to aim, it’s enough. No less, no more.

1 Like

I agree to an extent. Move ress behind Q, but keep Valk, and then give her two charges, with a cast time of one second for each. Give her 60 hps back without valk, and then maybe give her 70 hps in valk so it feels like she can save people with her ult. Give her something that requires skill on E, so her skill ceiling will be raised, and Mercy should be fine.

2 Likes

How so? It takes time to pull out your pistol? AND if your not healing then your aren’t doing your job as a healer AND if anyone does damage (even 0.0000001 point of damage) to you you stop regenerating your health so all someone has to do to defeat your “Best defense in the game” is press left-click you once every 1 second. you almost NEVER use your passive healing in the dead middle of a fight. I know from the experience of spawn camping Mercys over and over as tracer.

Perhaps because people dislike her current state?

A Lucio megathread? Are you joking? He’s been the meta since season 1, replaced for a brief 2-3 months by OP Mercy before booting her out once again.

1 Like