Mercy vs High Skill

He really isn’t, just because he wants a Hero that actually needs more skill than Mercy to be viable.

2 Likes

Ana needs skill. Isn’t that what people want? People say “we wan’t skill heroes!” then one like Ana exists, if you get dived you need to be able to hit them with a sleep or damage dart. But that’s too hard!

3 Likes

Mercy is high risk, her res slows and rarely goes off because she’s so vulnerable, she’s easily focused and killed, and she’s pretty easy to play in low ranks because that’s what she’s good for: low ranks. Ana takes some skill because she’s a better healer overall and that’s what she’s there for: high ranks. You can’t climb as Mercy solo, you need a reliable team that will build around and protect you, meanwhile Ana just received another buff (a buff that was originally her nerf because it was so good) and now her bullets penetrate full HP persons ON TOP of that. She is unbelievably strong, you just need to aim and that’s what 95% of the low ranking community lacks: good aim. If you’re decent with aim, you’re probably not playing a healer anyway though, you’re probably a McCree since he’s decent again. There’s a lot that separates a GOOD Ana from a subpar one, but most Mercy’s pretty much cap out at decent. I’ve only seen a handful of amazing Ana’s and they’re hard to counter and beat. Mercy just takes a character swap and some focus.

2 Likes

As am I, which is that Mercy doesn’t need to be nerfed. She’s fine. The issue is Ana being weak, not Mercy being average.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

9 Likes

“thats such a low risk considering Mercy can fly to any teammate at mach 10.”

The only way this is “low risk” is if people can’t shoot her while she’s flying. Otherwise, the argument makes no sense.

4 Likes

Exactly, thats why people play Mercy, because she almost has no risk in her kit, and heals more than ana, which is just not fair, at all.

1 Like

Ana takes skill but has almost no reward for it, as compared to mercy who can do what ana does with no sweat. Thats the issue. Risk vs Reward. Ana has high risk with no reward while Mercy and the like are low risk high reward

1 Like

Mercy can anti-heal, 1.5x boost healing, both damage and heal at the same time, and put people to sleep?

5 Likes

the problem is: being easy + viable in most situations

all other heroes have significant downsides… like moira has little utility, zen has no mobility, lucio has low healing and his speedboost is only strong with a team that knows how to make profit with it, brigitte cant do anything on range, ana mobility + no self heal + no defensive ultimate

mercy cant do dmg and healing at the same time… but shes got a superior utility kit for that… it doesnt make her weak at all.

7 Likes

You know they nerfed her flight speed right? I mean I’m a terrible hitscan and she is easy picking when in the sky.

6 Likes

She cant do any of that seemingly amazing stuff, but looks whos still the top healer.

That’s changing your argument. You said Mercy can do what Ana does with no sweat.

That’s a different argument from “the stuff Ana does isn’t top tier”.

1 Like

I feel like Mercy mains wont adapt to a healer that actually needs to aim once Ana is viable, thats why they dont want her to be viable.

3 Likes

The stuff that ana can do in terms of healing. That’s what the class is about after all

Mercy does have risks, they just aren’t mechanics based.

This isn’t a problem with Mercy, it’s a problem with Ana not being good enough, the just need to buff Ana. Mercy is fine. Mercy’s main risk is that she is only a healer, Lucio, Zen, Ana, Moira, Brig every other healer can heal on top of doing damage. Mercy can’t defend herself, she needs a way out.

Mercy is fine, Ana is not. That is the problem, Ana needs a buff. The end.

8 Likes

you’re right i was just too afraid to say it lol. I’ve said it in the past and got a 5 day suspension lol

Didn’t even check your profile, was just really obvious that you main Mercy.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair and Fun Balance.
RayneeDaY.

3 Likes

The class is called “Support”. Ana’s kit is designed to do more that strictly heal.

2 Likes

The thing is that literally all healer are better than Ana… not just Mercy and in my honest opinion

Moria and Brigitte is easier than Mercy. But that is my opinion.

3 Likes

what does the social update have to do with his/her comment? He wasnt targeting you lol