Mercy Ultimate Concept - Angelic Protection

Ressurect is an undo button, not a burst heal.

Lucio can amp it up, which ups his healing output from 16.25 hps to 46.8 hps.

Zenyatta can with his ult, so I can see why you don’t count it but he also offers high DPS and a debuff for his entire team to use. Giving him a burst heal on cooldown would make him too good.

My suggestion was that Mercy could heal someone with her beam then swap to Pistol and the healing beam would continue to channel on her original target for an extra 5 seconds or so (or until LoS / distance) because that way she can do some pew-pew while still keeping her target healed for a bit.

I see what you mean. Mercy lacks a true support ability, resurrect doesn’t really count as your teammate needs to die.

She can’t actively save anyone is what you mean

1 Like

60 hps is still way more than Lucio.

She saves the fight by undoing either a teammates mistake or an enemy’s play. I think before Blizzard was doing good with giving her an active playstyle (that was later made passive) but it wasn’t right to put a cd on Resurrect.

I’m not saying lucio’s burst healing is better than Mercy’s. I said that Mercy is the only hero to not have burst healing. Maybe I should have included “at all” to help get my point across.

That’s why I think it’s important to ditch Resurrect as an ability and give her something to provide support, along the lines Biotic Grenade, Biotic Orb, and Amp it Up, and Brigitte’s healing pack.

Also Lucio can’t do 60hps, true, but he can do ~45hps to all 6 teammates at once (in Amp it Up, around ~15hps normally)

I would enjoy playing mercy again if she got something like a very short invulnerability to replace resurrect. She could still say Heroes never die but it’d actually be temporarily true.

While invulnerability would make other Support Ultimates redundant, the main purpose of this Ultimate is to provide a lower level of support to as many teammates as possible, while enabling one particular teammate to lead your push (either through sustaining heavy damage or dealing heavy damage). It could be versatile, though, as you can spread that healing / boosting as you see fit. That’s why I feel “Heroes Never Die” would fit this Ultimate more than Resurrect- You would be working proactively to prevent any of your teammates from dying by choosing who to heal (or boost to go mess up the enemies lol), and you would simultaneously be providing a safety net for them in the form of 60hps regeneration for 6-8 seconds.

I think something like this is more viable than the trash ultimate Mercy currently has. I like it, though perhaps one or a few of the numbers just need a little fine tuning (perhaps after a PoC/trial run is done on PTR?).

2 Likes

She should have rez removed, in 1.x it was good but then they overbuffed it and then had to rework it, which only made her more powerful. Heroes Never Die should be put on a burst heal ability, like how Brigitte can burst 150. Mercy saves someone from dying with the burst and goes “Heroes Never Die”

I don’t think invulnerability would be on her ult but simply on a single target cooldown with a reasonable downtime.

Maybe 1-2 seconds of protection vs a 12-15 seconds cooldown

Actually, “Heroes Never Die” is going to be returned to her Ultimate voice line in the near future. Any ability she has should only be as strong as any other Support’s ability. :stuck_out_tongue: I just… well, Valkyrie doesn’t really prevent anyone from dying.

@Fail4Me: Zarya already as that ability, basically. Although it would be a better ability for her than Resurrect is, just for the fact that it actually helps during the fight.

Maybe she’ll say heroes never die because in her opinion she’s the only real hero and valkyrie saves herself more than others :’)

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense, her ult should be “I will watch over you” and her rez line should be “Heroes Never Die”

The devs just think getting the old ultimate line is gonna up the troops’ moral.

tbh, valkyrie doesn’t make sense, but i’ll be happy to have the voice line back regardless.

i’ll definitely be happy, but it’ll be dashed away because i’ll remember that valkyrie is soo… weak. :joy:

i like things to make sense rather than have what i want.

1 Like