Mercy stopped being fun for me 11 months ago (or perhaps longer)

Mercy was always a heal-bot.
You spent 95% of your time pocket healing.
If you don’t find that fun, well…

2 Likes

The devs have to think about the game in general, not just one hero. Mercy was OP for a long time and because of that she was a must pick which is not ok. I’m not entirely sure if the way she is now is the most balanced or efficient, but she did needed to be changed one way or another. I personally think Mercy is still good and perfectly viable, it’s just another case of people getting used to something that was not right to begin with, and now they are feeling the change and they don’t like it. I still blame Blizzard for taking so long to address the issues, if they acted fast as they should, people would not get the wrong idea of how the game should be.

2 Likes

She doesn’t need to Resurrect because on average she adds 5k more damage and helps with 14 more eliminations than Mercy does.

Hardly.

So in general…
Main Healer = Healer who can heal off a good amount of the damage that gets slung around in a non ult fight.
Off Healer = Healer who doesn’t provide as much or not as concentrated healing but packs an ult that can bail out your team from an ult combo.

Consider Old Mercy.
60 single target HPS does push her into the main healer category. However, she’s not nearly as good at sustaining a mid fight as Moira or Ana because her raw numbers aren’t as high and they both have an E that can add additional healing.

Mass Resurrect also put her in the off Healer category because that had the potential to save your team from ult combos like Trans and Sound Barrier can. However… Mass Resurrect is less consistent and therefore in a lot of ways worse than… I’d say either. Why? Mercy’s team needs to die while she survives whatever happened. Both Trans and Sound Barrier come out when your team is still alive.

There you have it… a healer who has a prayer of fulfilling both the main healer and off healer role at the same time but isn’t as good at either job as the more specialized members of the cast. A healer who you yourself said wasn’t OP.

Also… There kind of is a DPS who can potentially fill multiple roles like that. Soldier 76. Pulse rifle gives him sustained damage. Helix Rockets give him a burst damage option. Sprint gives him the potential to flank. Heal Station even makes running him in one of the healer slots not completely insane. Is he OP? Not last I checked.

More like back before beta they realized that chain beams wasn’t worth anything and wasn’t exciting, so they wisely scrapped it… then who even knows who thought it was a good idea to bring it back.

Also way to ignore the entire rest of that paragraph.

*vocal minority

20 characters

1 Like

There’s evidence to suggest that the majority thinks Mercy needs either a rework or revert.

Did everyone who plays this game take the survey?

1 Like

This is true because she can’t rez too, if mercy had no rez then she would need something similar to those numbers somewhere else, that’s the point

Both of them can also wiff their healing while Mercy cannot, reliability is a huge part of Mercy

Mass rez was never less consistent than trans or sound barrier if you used it correctly… either tempo or the dreaded hide and rez. Both of those also require fine tuned timing while mass rez timing was only tied to your team dying

she was better at both jobs and that’s the point, you think that’s not the case because you choose to see the things that were against you but the benefits that Mercy had were huge in comparison to every other support

He cannot fulfill the role of two dps since a dps job is to deal damage, therefore he would need to deal at least 60k easily and 90k at full efficiency, it’s not happening

A balance team with a ton more data statistics than we do, that’s who

I don’t ignore anything anyone writes, I just quote what is pertinent to my answers

No, but tossing out a survey because “not everyone took it” would make every single survey ever worthless. They aren’t, so thats a bad argument.

1 Like

Fair enough, but who do you think is more likely to bother taking the survey? Someone who thinks she’s fine, or an upset Mercy main?

“Majority”

You mean players who is in the forum who is consider 2%-5% from all overwatch players? How do i know that most of them aren’t biased mercy mains

welp.
Don’t play her.
Are you a one trick?
If you are not enjoying her, why don’t you swap mains?

So… why does Moira get more healing, more damage, better burst healing and all Mercy gets is Resurrect which… is powerful but is super inconsistent and probably the 2nd worst designed ability in the game.

Ana sure. Can you honestly say you have whiffed Moira’s healing even remotely often?

Also that doesn’t change the fact that… if your Reinhardt gets pinned and you are Ana/Moira, you’ve got a pretty good shot of saving him. Mercy? Eh… not so much.

Are you serious right now? Old Mercy gets caught in a grav combo = no mass resurrect. Zen or Lucio gets caught in a grav combo = Trans and Sound Barrier can still easily happen and get value.

That alone means that Mass Resurrect is less consistent than Trans or Sound Barrier. Add in all the times that I got a big Resurrect and my team died instantly afterwards or all the times me pushing Q signaled a deluge of ults from the other team… yeah Mass Resurrect was much less reliable. That’s why she was almost never picked in pro play until she got her rework.

She was never better at both jobs. Correction. She was the best main healer when there wasn’t another one. Other than that… she only surpassed Ana after her 60 damage nerf and Mercy got invulnerability. Even after all that… she STILL didn’t get picked often in pro play. Instead they went Lucio Zen dive comp.

That’s not what I meant and you know it. I meant that he’s a hero who has enough different pieces of his kit that he can theoretically function as a normal in the death ball ranged DPS, or a burst damage DPS, or a flanker. Now he’s not as good at ANY of those roles as someone who specializes in it, but he CAN theoretically do any of those things.

More like a balance team who is getting pressure from execs who know nothing about good game play.

You have a point, but the survey asked who people mained and he presented his data in a way that broke it down into what sort of mains said what.

All groups had ~30% of responders wanting Mass Resurrect back, ~30% wanting her to get some other rework. The one exception to that is Mercy mains were at 50% for mass res back.

The guy even had an optional question asking for battle tags to try to cut down on multi voting shenanigans.

1 Like

Roughly 2700 people answered that survey. 40% of them confirmed to be Mercy players. That leaves the other 60% of the participants as the remaining 27 heroes. That looks pretty biased.

Let’s also not forget that 2700 results from a survey targeted to every Overwatch player is abysmally low. Let’s just be fair and say there are 5 million active players from that apparent 40 million accounts number we were given. That means only .054% of Overwatch players completed the survey.

That data pool is stupidly low, and statistically speaking, would never be considered relevant until that number reaches closer to several hundred-thousand.

It’s unfortunately really hard to get accurate data on situations like this because Blizzard themselves would have to release the survey, and the survey would also have to be objective.

1 Like

40% of disgruntled Mercy mains from a very bias set of forum users.
The ones who are happy with her arn’t going to bother.

1 Like

And that 40% probably came from the forums, so realistically, the number is probably even lower.

Plus ones sent on a certain youtubers crusade, they totttally arn’t bias at all. :rofl:

Mercy players have the right to be unhappy.
But this set of data is insignificant when you break it down in terms of bias and numbers.

I am fairly certain it got posted to reddit as well.

Also… I don’t see any survey at all saying the opposite. Do you?

I’m not trying to claim that this survey proves anything… merely that it exists and seems to say that most of the community thinks Mercy needs some massive changes.

1 Like

Who says I don’t care about other characters? You’re calling people names and generalizing quite a bit here.

You don’t know my opinion or that of other mercy mains at all. Don’t you think you should take that into account before labeling me and others like us as uncaring?

All I read from your message is you think Mercy mains as selfish and you think they don’t care.

You’re certainly doing a good job categorizing people and creating problems for the community.