“Mercy shouldn’t be looked at because she’s been meta for months”

Why would they be responsible? They don’t work for Blizzard. Blizzard are the developers, and it’s ultimately up to them what they want to do with their game and characters. We fans can make suggestions and voice our opinions, which is fine. But Blizzard doesn’t have to go by those suggestions, nor should we expect them to.

As a D.Va main, I didn’t ask for missiles and a reduced DM a year ago, and I was initially very upset with the change. But ultimately, I’m not in control of what Blizzard does. So I had the choice of either sticking with D.Va and adapting, or picking up a new main, or dropping the game entirely. At some point, you have to accept that not everything is in your control.

Mercy mains just don’t know how to move on. If you hate Mercy’s current state so much, for goodness sake, just move on. Learn to let go. Pick up a new main, or a new game to play.

Yes, Mercy players make plenty of constructive feedback. Key word here is feedback. They should not be seen as demands and Mercy mains are in no place to make demands (that goes for the entire OW playerbase). You can state feedback and Blizzard can choose to act on it, or not to. And if they don’t, that’s out of our control. Don’t throw a hissy fit if Blizzard chooses to take things in their own direction. They are the developers. Everything is ultimately their decision.

5 Likes

“MERCY SHOULDN’T BE LOOKED AT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE SHE’S BEEN META FOR MONTHS”

Fixed that for you. There are many other Heroes that have been in worse spots for much longer. Let them have some attention too?

4 Likes

A revert with tweaks, like the ones that have been suggested.

A LoS fix, a cast time, a damage reduction or burst heal taking the place of invulnerability… anything other than invuln during mass res and it’s perfectly counterable and whatnot. How she was in Beta?

Not to mention, Hammond’s existence counters Mass Res now and with all the stuns in the game (hack, shield bash, flashbang), it’d be easy to disorient the Mercy if she had a cast time.

The devs ignore what we suggest and do whatever they want that completely screws things over. We never asked for invuln, we wanted an E ability.

8 Likes

There’s something called multitasking. This excuse is exhausting.

They can look at Mercy and the heroes that have been doing poorly at the same time.

15 Likes

Poor justification to keep an unbalanced hero in the game.

4 Likes

So now it’s acceptable to change heroes that don’t need changes to begin with and expect people who play them to suck it up and move on if they don’t like it?

What kind of philosophy is this? Yes it’s their game but that doesn’t mean they can make careless decisions and get away with them too, unless, they really want their game to plummet.

Also for the record I don’t play just Mercy. I play all the healers. But I did enjoy Mercy at one point and I stand by the fact that she should have never been reworked to begin with. She needed some tweaks and that’s all.

The dev team has been responsible for far too many balance changes that have shifted the course of this game for the worse. They can’t keep doing this.

11 Likes

Yes, it’s “acceptable”. Because Blizzard doesn’t answer to us. We’re not the boss of them.

The kind that says not everything is in your control. I actually think this is a real form of philosophy. I don’t remember the name though.

It kinda does mean that.

And their game won’t plummet as long as you don’t move on. Ironic, right? If you refuse to move on from a change you don’t like, and instead, continue to play their game and put up with changes you don’t like, they won’t plummet. Let that sink in.

You not moving on, is letting them get away with it.

The game has steadily become more balanced since its debut. Sure, it’s not without its bad decisions, but we’re currently in the most diverse meta.

4 Likes

Can I save this?
This post exemplifies the issue we have right now.

1 Like

Everything about Mercy’s rework remains a failure. I wish this stupid mess never happened. If they listened to even ONE freakin’ word of our feedback, we cold have avoided Mercy becoming a stupidly OP must-pick who dominated the game for almost a year.

We didn’t ask for this mess. We hated it more than anyone else. :/

9 Likes

I find it crazy how practically every Mercy player was only asking for an E ability to make her slightly more engaging.

But instead, they gave her invulnerability on Rez (which hardly anyone asked for) and that’s where the problems began.

Well think about what blizzard have been doing the past couple patches. Niche picks such as sym and torb are being looked at to make more heroes and comps viable in more situations. Mercy atm is also quite a niche pick. She will more than likely be looked at soon

But sadly, most Mercy mains that made posts up here seems to think like that.

Hence the stereotype :frowning:

“BuT iTs DuH DpS mAiNs fault”

1 Like

That’s right! Stop trying to shove Mercy on every team and let her play second fiddle to a main healer like Lucio, Moira, Ana…

Totally agree… Everyone is getting so worked up over this issue for the wrong reasons, I play healer and I actually like the current meta where Mercy isn’t a must-pick for every match. BUT that doesn’t change the fact that when I do play Mercy she is NOT fun to play currently as compared to the other healers.

The recent nerf was the final straw on the camel’s back. Reducing her healing output made her impossible to properly sustain a team during a teamfight. I have to keep the healing beam on the dps much longer to fully heal them up, or keep switching back and forth and risk any one player from getting one-shot. Basically, before, it was a matter of keeping everyone healthy, but now its who do I want to keep alive.

And frankly, I have never liked Valkyrie. Yes you become more mobile and hard to hit but how much more different is that from her Guardian Angel. And the chain heal/dmg boost, isn’t that just a weaker form of Zen’s and Orisa’s ult? And isn’t ultimates supposed to be something game changing when successfully pulled off, either as an offensive to secure kills or as a counter to ensure that the team survives? Valk does neither properly.

As for Rez, admittedly, it was what made her controversial right from the beginning. As many players felt it was unfair for such a “low skill” ult be able to counter even the most difficult ults to pull off or a combination of ults for that matter. It undermined the balance of the game. But it is also the core aspect of Mercy, like how the turret is for Torb, TP is for Sym, Bionade for Ana, etc. So the devs needed to keep rez while making it more challenging to pull off, but at the same time I think they do not want to make it so difficult that it becomes frustrating for Mercy to pull off her Ult. Hence the shift to the E ability.

But, if you can have heroes that can “instant” kill multiple heroes, why can’t there be an Ult that “instant” Rez multiple heroes? What I’m implying is that, Mercy’s multi-rez ult should be balanced similarly to those Ults that can multi-kill where there are a few conditions to be met and has sufficient lag time for the enemy to respond, just like Dva’s Bomb, Junk’s Riptire, and Mcree’s High noon.

Actually, a suggestion I had posted elsewhere is that Mercy’s Multi-rez could work similarly to that of Mcree’s High noon, where only dead heroes in her FOV get rez and the time she needs to channel the ult corresponds to the hero’s health.

2 Likes

We all know that this is just synonymous with “She doesn’t have Mass Ressurect anymore.”

3 Likes

Says who? … You?

Her entire kit is an issue.

Her base kit hasn’t changed outside a few number tweaks since launch. Mass Ressurect and Valkyrie are really the only interchangeable parts here.

You say that as if it were a bad thing. Why?
Why shouldn’t she still have Mass Resurrect.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that people only found fun in Mass Ressurect and not Mercy herself. That’s why some people don’t like her anymore now that it’s gone and they’re spouting “she’s not fun” at almost every given opportunity.