Mercy’s not an off-healer

Yes, you prolly could-

Ok then

GET IN MY BELLY

This is the fifth time someone tried to eat me this week-

When they nerfed her healing she became an off healer. She cannot heal through anything anymore.

I can still get good raw healing from her if I don’t die at all in a match. But if I don’t have anyone carrying to make up for me not doing damage it doesn’t matter.

She is definitely some weird in between abomination, a shell of her former self.

Placing Rez on a meter and 60 hp is gonna save her none the less.

To be honest they will never fix Rez. I feel like they’d sooner rework it or something. People hate it too much. Pros hate it too much.

And i can’t even remember why they nerfed her healing in the first place. Maybe it was too strong for a single target.

Honestly. I think Valk should be an ability and not an ultimate. Or even just your healing being able to tether to more than one teammate.

I think the devs are doing all they can to get rid of the off and main labels. With the tank changes coming I defintitely know they want them gone from tanks at least. Mercy makes my think they are doing it with the healers as well. I think it is shifting to just finding synergies where you can and being able to invent many differwnt comps previously unusable based on the old labels.

Mercy is a main healer. She’s the best healer in Overwatch at generally sustaining your team—keeping everybody topped off, filling large health pools at no cost, providing reliable, high healing over time, etc.

She may not be able to directly outheal lethal damage like Moira or Ana, but instead, she can Rez teammates from damage that no support could outheal. Baptiste has his immorality field on a similar principle.

Mercy is also the best pocket healer. She can designate any hero on her team at any time and drastically increase their value through smart alternation of healing/damage boost.

Mercy is also—and this get said so often that people tend to disregard how important it is—by far the most reliable healer overall. There is no cost or limit to her healing for as long as she lives, and played properly, she lives far longer than any healer. Even Baptiste’s immortality field, Lucio’s mobility, and Moira’s dueling ability can in no way compete with Mercy’s ability to constantly evade threats, reposition near teammates that can protect her, and sustain herself without intervention from the other support. And that’s all before Valk.

1 Like

They can try but it won’t work. There’s always going to be supports that heal more than others which will make them the “main” healer of the team.

I have 1.6k hours on TF2 medic. I have a question for all Mercy players.

Why do I never see you crouching on a corner while beaming a tank through a wall? This is beam healing 101. Just crouch walk and heal around corners.

is there a point to this thread or is this a “how to word things properly: overwatch edition”?

But the labels are less static. It used to be mercy is a main healer no matter the comp or other healer. Now it is mercy can be the main healer, or she can be a pocket/off healer in certain comps. I prefer this way of balancing that allows for many different combos

ok i don’t crouch mainly bc you move slower but i stand around the corner and peek every couple of seconds to keep the beam attached bc unlike tf2 you don’t need to keep your cursor on your target and you don’t need LoS either

Exactly, it’s even easier in this game. And if you die, you don’t lose Uber.

With Moira nerf, Mercy is going to have second best healing numbers in the game after Bapt. Who is, coincidentally, another AOE healer. That’s without accounting for rez restoring health too. the horror

60 HPS won’t save someone from focus fire. Ask Brigitte and her repair packs.

Part of the problem with the current design philosophy for supports in this game is that people think “if I’m healing someone, they shouldn’t die” and that’s absolutely the wrong direction to take the support role.

It makes for heavily defensive oriented comps where nothing dies without huge burst damage or overwhelming advantage (read: ult fiesta pushes). The ramifications of that are that it also encourages barriers to deny burst damage value, which makes comps even more defensive, and now we’ve arrived at the hellscape meta currently on live.

i know people are still upset but i think the balance changes over the last few patches have worked out in mercy’s favor i still hate rez tho!

Really though, If Blizz ever manages to resurrect dive with all the power creep being poured into it - what other main support is to be realistically played with it? Ana? Lol.

this could work

give it to your winston and send him in there!

1 Like

I used to do this when mass Res existed. After her rework I just though, what’s the point? :joy: