"Mercy players" that haven't played in a year

I only say it because I had a pretty long debate with someone about how they said it wasn’t the most powerful ability simply because I said it was in a thread that was asking for it to be buffed.

I would way rather have all those mercy players on mercy instead of what’s been happening lately, and they’re trying to play Ana

I mean you give a hero the ability to bring someone back to life in a match.

Where did they think it should have gone? An ultimate where you have to work your butt off or handed it to you every 30s while making her crippled in the process for it to not be OP.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if allies were resurrected at 50% health so other parts of Mercy could be better, such as Valkyrie. I had a simple idea to change Valkyrie and rez that could work:

This might be a bit overpowered…

no, because the game’s balance has always been on a holistic approach meaning that characters around Mercy can (and do) make the perception of her playstyle change by quite a bit, for example currently her biggest counter while rezzing are snipers, if they were to lose the ability to oneshot from a headshot, Mercy’s playstyle perception would change to a less stressful one

Currently Pharrah got a few good changes and for what constitutes a year, several heroes have received significant buffs which also affect Mercy as a whole

Now if what you want is mass rez back no matter what that’s one thing but then hating on 50hps without having played it yourself is simply conjecture even though most likely you wouldn’t enjoy it either way but 50hps has opened several venues for Mercy’s gameplay that you cannot give any input about if you don’t actually practice

1 Like

Pharah*

Also, I played Mercy before the 60hps. She was bad. She got nerfed. So obviously, that would make Mercy overall less powerful, and less enjoyable than the version I played.

And I don’t really see how less Healing opens up more options. But maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

Yeah, didn’t have much luck in the titanium post so he/she came here

Mercy was not bad before the 50 hps nerf. Less healing means more skill is needed to use her. If you haven’t played her as she is now with less healing then you’re not really in a position to say she’s less powerful or less enjoyable. Mercy has more options now compared to before her rework not her healing nerf. She does more healing compared to before because she has Valkyrie.

1 Like

there are quite a few in fact, can’t remember names because I hardly take anyone seriously lol but from the top of my head there’s Quazi and Arceus, and I remember those because they got in my nerves so many times

ah alright? I think you meant to reply to someone else

…Why not? Numbers wise, it’s 100% true that she’s not as powerful. There was a decrease in her healing output, and no compensation anywhere else. That’s a direct decline in power. And to me, that makes her less enjoyable, because I can’t keep my teammates healed up as fast, they die quicker, etc. Etc. I feel like I have less of an impact overall. Which, is bad. XP

Less healing means more skill? You mean holding down the mouse button more?

1 Like

People either shut me down without trying to understand me or ignored me.

1 Like

I urge you to try to simply hold down the button while playing Mercy without extensive clever positioning and/or map awareness and then measure your rate of success

On healing yeah, everything else remains the same, she is the only character with a reliable dmg boost, she’s one of two who can have vertical positioning at will, she’s the only one who can rez a fallen teammate and can become a beacon for the enemy at will, she’s the only one who can dive in and out of fights and on top of all that her dps is huge although underutilized, specially while on valkirye, less healing opens up the door to stop holding right button and start pressing and strategizing around everything else but of course, if what you enjoyed was in fact just holding the button to heal, I can see why you’d be upset when they take that away

1 Like

Cough. Zenyatta… Cough.

There’s an entire Meta that disproves that.

I picked Mercy to heal, not to be another DPS.

1 Like

Actually no, I enjoyed…

That, actually. Doing the opposite of that, not… doing that. You get what I’m trying to say.

1 Like

Zennyatta is reliable? when he has range, LoS check and zero mobility?

The meta uses heroes who benefit from dive but they don’t dive themselves with the exception of Lucio whom if paired with Mercy will provide near unbeatable healing when she valks

Too bad? unless you want to throw everything else away of course, literally get rid of GA, Rez and dmg boost and you can have your right click hero

I get what you say but I don’t understand why if this is what you enjoyed you don’t enjoy Mercy anymore because now more than ever you NEED this to be effective, maybe you are not that skilled? mind you neither am I but I enjoy trying to get there instead of being handed effectiveness for free

You said Reliable Damage Boost. As long as he’s with his team (like Mercy) the Target he Discord’s will be in his allies LOS as well, actually making his damage boost better in some instances, because the entire team is affected, not just one hero.

You said…

Which is not true. Dive Meta is literally comprised of heroes that Dive in and out of the Fight, Lucio, like you said, D.Va, Winston, Tracer, Genji, maybe a few more. I don’t know. I hated Dive.

”Hey I know your hero can’t reliably heal your team anymore but get the hecc over it lol just shoot people, come on.”

It doesn’t matter if you’re mobile or not. Valkryie takes the need to have that skill away. Rez makes you immobile and roll the dice whether you survive or not. She went from the ”Mobile healer, flowing across the battlefield” to… what? A less skilful, occasionally heal, mostly DPS like you told me to go?

Ridiculous.

1 Like

Yes I said reliable, Zennyatta will die in a third of the time it takes Mercy and with it discord, plus Zennyatta needs to use discord orb against his immediate enemy that with a bit of luck (or teamwork) will coincide with the dps target, Mercy can choose whom to boost and when, perhaps look for the definition of reliable?

You can quote me if you want but in nowhere I talked about dive meta, I said she’s able to dive in and out and YOU brought up dive meta which is not comprised of heroes who can go in and out, the whole premise around the dive meta is heroes who can jump in together and cause havoc, going out is never a part of the equation but in Mercy’s case it is

yes

You don’t value mobility, ok

I urge you to valk and not move an inch, then measure your success

Rez makes you slower and if you’re not using cover to your advantage or teamfight flow then you’re simply using it wrong

The dice is stacked in your favor, if you rez without strategy around it of course you won’t be succesful

She is still a mobile healer who flows across the battlefield but her flow is different from before, you are unable to adapt though and now you claim that she isn’t which is objectively not true and on top of it all she now CAN dps if she so desires which is only a plus and never a con

Not needed on a discussion so refrain from letting your feelings get in here

I am master.
Mercy is trash.

2 Likes