Mercy needs her 60 hp/s back

mass rez NEVER had anything to do with the tank meta.
It never enabled or countered it.
And goats came to be like a solid year after the rework
How can you say the two things are connected?

It made it unnecessary: why run multiple tanks and multiple supports, when you can get same level of survivability(not sustain) with just one hero.

1 Like

mass rez isnt going to end goats if that’s what you believe.

1 Like

It will, no matter how much you can deny it. By providing team of DPS with same level of survivability, as team of tanks.

Unlike Transcendence, there is no role divide(DPS = won’t survive, tank = will survive) when it comes to ult effects.

1 Like

mass rez didnt stop quad tank.
i’m telling you what happens: if you fail to rez your whole team and get a pick to turn the fight 6v5 you just gave the enemy team more ult charge.
At best you’d use it to rez the first pick or two.
Also, dont forget the goats team can get use out of rez as well if it turns into a good ult.

Luckily, goats are all about being in group together, so it’s not going to happen.

1 Like

It was the triple tank: rein, zarya, roadhog, ana, lucio, soldier.
Destroyed with the nerf ad ana. Mercy does not have the characteristics to carry meta with three or four tanks, moira and ana yes.
The quadtank was never a meta, it was an alternative in the CP, it forced him to moira.
Mercy meta imposes 2-2-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ZE7j4ywOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqQJazynL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GDpcDwT7g

If you took mercy during the meta triple tank you were a trowher, in that period in fact I used ana or lucio.

2 Likes

Stop. Her beam is not hard to aim. It’s very forgiving. This hurt me as a Mercy player. The skilled part of her kit comes in the form of her wonderful mobility and mastering bunnyhops and super jumps and short GA’s and decision making regarding Rez and heal juggling and the like. Not aim. The devs said she is literally designed with people who’ve never played a shooter before in mind.

3 Likes

Back when she got her last Valk nerfs on January 13th 2018 her pickrate was already falling, slowly being replaced by Ana. She wasn’t considered the best, just very versatile. And to be honest, when she received the healing nerf on August 8th and all the supports (except Brig and Zen) got buffs, she wouldn’t be the best healer even with 60hps, simply because Ana with Nano healing burst suddenly became much more valuable and goats would be a thing anyway.

But yeah let’s just think without any reason behind it that she would be the best again. 60hps isn’t what started Mercy meta, it was valkyrie and resurrect on E.

4 Likes

i know, it’s what i was trying to say to Cleopatra to refute the “mass rez will counter goats”.
Mass rez was useless in stopping it and the meta ended before her rework.

Still, there was quad tank for a time. It didn’t last long, but i remember dva getting a damage buff and 400 armor, which made her immortal when healed by ana.

So sorry I misunderstood. Yes I also agree, the mass rez does not stop the goats, it has not stopped the triple tank, figured the goats

2 Likes

I would say 55 HPS.!

1 Like

Diamond Ana with average 64% accuracy here, often around 70+ in games. It does feel horrible to play Ana in dps comps. Not because you can’t hit squishies or position, but because they often flank and play too spread out to peel and give you consistent line of sight, in which case you have to expose yourself to danger to heal them or hope they’ll get the hell back to you. Also, that sleep on the flanking tracer who’s been bothering you the whole game while you’re defending yourself and trying to heal your 3-4 dps won’t hit 100% of the time. And farming nano is significantly slower because you don’t have two tanks taking lots of damage for you to heal, it’s more like dps taking chip. In this situation I will always prefer Mercy. Not because I’m a bad Ana, but because Ana’s kit is not built to work with a dps centric comp, just like I will always pick Ana over mercy in deathball. Also zipping around the map is fun c:

4 Likes

True, very true, even playing ana and I have an average accuracy of about 70% I struggle with a classic comp dps. In fact, ana maximizes its kit with tanks, triple tank.
This is why ana has always been problematic for the game. I always thought that ana needs more mobility (even verticality), in short, a rework. But he must drop by hps and revise his general kit. I know this idea of mine is very unpopular.

3 Likes

While it can be annoying, it’s in your power to reach those dps players and heal them for not-so-chip damage then may decide to take. You actually have potential to outheal damage they take, and make bad DPS win fight against good DPS.

Just gonna chip in with my monthly “Mercy is fine”.

She needs absolutely no changes. She is both fun and interactive (if you like the focus on movement), and perfectly viable in non-GOATs comps.

2 Likes

55 Hps and giving the staff reload a “ramped up” healing ability for a few seconds would probably be better for Mercy.

2 Likes

I’m sure there was a good reason for nerfing Mercys healing. Perhaps it should be buffed to 55 hps as a happy medium. Or even buffed to something lower like 52.

Let’s look at the single hps for mercy, but meanwhile I note that:
ana: 75 + 33.5
moira: 85 + 75 hps
It seems a Greek tragedy to bring back mercy at 60 hps which previously had it for 2 years without problems.
Meanwhile, the meta remains stagnant.
No, we do a 51 hps buff, do we do so?

5 Likes

Got any sauce for that one buster?

3 Likes