Mercy Megathread 9!? or are we going to reopen Megathread 8?

So Megathread 8 has hit 9999 post… including everything that came before… we should have around 45000~50000 post.

Most of it is regurgitating an opinion but come on seriously, are we going to get a response or not?

I mean I’m just waiting for the expansion for the post to hit 20000 so we can continue our debate in the dark corners of the echo chamber so we can get ignored.

Mercy may seem balance to a number of you who don’t main her but only her base kit works, she is incredibly boring to play and her ultimate is no better than her base gameplay. Resurrect is a suicide skill and well… its been almost 9 months now and WE DEMAND A RESPONSE!!!

5 Likes

Well, Mercy ATM is balanced. She got nerfed because she was in every game. Rather than crying about this hero, try to learn positioning and gamesense, or try to learn a DPS or tank, because MANY players (included me) are tired of stacks of 3-5 OTP Mercy/Healers that can’t play tanks nor DPSs that causes undeserved losses like these

1 Like

She may be “balanced” but that doesn’t address the main issue that the majority of the thousands of these posts about her agree on: she isn’t fun anymore. That’s obviously subjective but that’s what many people have been saying. And now there’s no megathread to continue voicing that opinion so obviously new threads like this are going to open.

3 Likes

Yes but the problem is she wasn’t a must pick issue with Release or 1.0

With release she died on res, with 1.0 she was invulnerable but never a must pick, her pick rates now were equivalent to what it was back then. The fail of a rework that everyone sung praises about was the culprit because she went from 3rd place in the Pick Rates across all tiers at around 9% to 14.5~14.8% pick rates being dominant in 1st places for 8 months.

Also I am a Tank player, a main who has no choice but to fill in Support most of the time because YOU LOT WON’T PLAY SUPPORT

I suck at DPS but I play better than the ones that instant lock at my level. So if I go Tank/DPS will you guys switch? No you lot stay locked in and you refuse to budge off your Genji/Hanzo/Junkrat picks.

Also there is no longer a Skill Floor/Ceiling for Mercy, even in OWL there is proven statistics that Mercy can win more matches without that redundant replacement called Valkyrie.

Heck I do a better job at DPS’ing as Moira and upkeep the healing, when DPS are just poking and farming that sweet Dragon Blade for PoTG.

Boohoo if Mercy mass res on you, I notice I make this mistake as well but that is because people do not consider her a threat, no we rather smash that Roadhog with as much damage as possible and let her continue healing him in a duel so that she can farm that ult and mass res on us. It is the DPS’s duty to ensure that she dies, if you do not eliminate her, that only speaks about your skill and game sense at kill target priority.

Mercy Base Gameplay Healing and Guardian Angel is fine, but Resurrect and Valkyrie are by no means fine at all.

The hilarious thing about this whole situation is that, that was the 8th Megathread with all the old ones on the old forums reaching a total of around 5000~7000 before closing… and reopening.

No jokes they are just keeping it as low profile as possible.

If anything I agree with this, I also see that many are saying to just switch to another support characters and learn how to utilize them. Well the answer to that is we have, but it just isn’t the same without mercy. Maybe mercy should get buffed with more health to help her escape while resurrecting. To avoid the whole situation that mercy is within at the moment Blizzard should have just left her how she was before, the new skills are really awesome but if you’re gonna nerf her to just nerf her again then that is really sad.

I have been on an Anti-Mercy protest since Season 8 but there is only so much you can do as the other support.

Lucio - Restricted to Healing AoE and the rate can be quite Dismal.

Zenyatta - Limited to One Target and Heal Rate isn’t high

Moira - Has high HPS and Multi Target Healing Orb but limited resource, she doesn’t work well with teams just stalling and hesitating, they need to break through and not dilly dally and burn up her resource.

Brigitte - Can HPS only when attacking and have a cool down Burst Heal with Over Healing + Armour effect.

Ana - Burst Healer but requires Aiming, doesn’t work well in a nimble team that constantly dodge your shots (Looking at you Genji’s and Tracer’s)

Mercy - Best reliable and consistent healer able to output high HPS but nothing else. To res you have to hide and her Valkyrie is unimpactful and provide nothing extra to her overall power meaning she cannot do anything during the Ult Exchange.

The idea for the rework was to nerf her, Mercy was arguably balanced but the problem with her was that people just took her as a F Tier Joke, she was hardly in the World Cup or used in the tournaments… DPS rather feed her ultimate rather than eliminate her ASAP… She was arguably more balance before than she is now.

She was before the rework as well

3 Likes

Seems like Mercy players broke the Megathread, seeing a lot of Open and Re-Closing because there is too many repeated feedback and hate for the current Mercy.

Like arguably she is ok for some, but overall she is just so bland and boring to play.

Like Mei was a pain in the backside because of her ultimate but arguably said ultimate can counter Mercy res… now it can’t but thankfully they improved her base gameplay but still a rather weak ultimate (No need to buff it since Res don’t exist)

increase the amount of skill required to play her maybe?

1.0 had that… like if you choose to engage with Mercy Pre-rework you can play to the same level and effect as Valkyrie. Not only that you yourself through sheer healing and Guardian Angel can carry the team and the only effective way to stop you was assassination and spawn camp via a dedicated DPS with skill and Game Sense.

The current Mercy doesn’t have a skill floor or Skill Ceiling, there is nothing extra she can give. When Resurrect was an ultimate, for the aggressive Mercy players it served as a Ultimate, a final trump card when their HPS and skill as Healer cannot keep the team and fight going.

With Valkyrie there is nothing you can do… Enemy team launch a D.Va bomb you have to hide and retreat, Valkyrie will not save the team. Heck even if you don’t use Valkyrie you can still win… Valkyrie is highly redundant and useless its just a glorified E ability… it would have been better as a Knockback and vertical ascent skill

1 Like

Only her standard kit is balanced, her ultimate is a bit off from being balanced. Right now it just feels dull and has the power of a standard ability with the exception of being on a longer cooldown and longer duration.

It’s only fair we should now expect some official input after tens of thousands of posts over nine megathreads. After all, the forum is for discussing, and right now it just feels like all the people who are taking time to post constructive feedback and suggestions are just talking to themselves.

[Moderator edit - “Megathread 9” is live - please direct your comments here - [Feedback Thread Continued Part II] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018]