Mercy Makes Heroes Busted

Not sure why this isn’t talked about.

it happened with ashe (still does) now it happens with echo.

30% damage increase or what is basically a 55 hp / s on a single target.

The most “carry me please” kit i’ve ever seen in my life.

Mercy pocketed echo? Oops, gotta go a mercy pocketed ashe or soldier to beat them now.

Mercy pocketed ashe? oh, gotta got mercy pocketed ashe too if you wanna beat em.

The person you’re pocketing dies? Oh just go ahead and scratch that away with rez.

I would absolutely have zero problem with mercy if it wasn’t for the fact that she makes sht like ashe and echo busted.

Turns ashe into a 1 shot headshot and echo into basically an unkillable machine with the best mobility in the game and ridiculous amounts of burst damage from damage boost.

Tone down damage boost? Buff something else?

20% damage boost, 20%+ ult gain?

20% damage boost, shorter rez cast time?

Literally ANYTHING to stop this character from being some pocket bot that just turns characters into unkillable killing machines (without getting your own mercy pocket ofc) into something a little more sensible.

I love having my supports refusing to go mercy to pocket our hitscan when they have a mercy echo pocket, so we just kinda lose cause damage isn’t enough to kill her + her mobility + her idiotic damage output while damage boosted.

31 Likes

In all honesty I don’t think damage amplification belongs in the game in general

23 Likes

Yessss. Especially when they nerf the heroes mercy pockets. Like literally they wouldn’t need nerfs if mercy didn’t have such a pocket kit. All I want is for her to be a main support and not a pocket. Or even an off support whichever. But yah it surprising this isn’t brought up enough.

7 Likes

Or for me. It should be very limited. And needs more caps.

Mercy is fine, also the game is in a good spot if she’s good due to her gamesense requirements.

40 Likes

It’s damage boost on a unit that has no other reliable means of doing damage. Pretty much every other support has means of doing supplemental damage while they are doing their main job. Mercy’s is just indirect.

52 Likes

Everyone requires game sense it’s just mercy takes fire rate learning of all heroes to pocket your favourite dps on the battlefield.

Isnt this her role? You play a 5vs6 but boost one of your teammates. Mercy really doesnt need nerfs, she is obly good with Hog and only viable in dive

8 Likes

So. You couldn’t focus the Mercy and now you want sympathy.

56 Likes

It’s talked about. But they all get shutdown because this community has a bias towards Mercy and Symmetra.

1 Like

Honestly, I think the whole concept of pocketing is problematic. It’s just that Mercy is the easiest hero to pocket with (she’s basically designed to pocket with).

4 Likes

And Dva dont forget about the kawaii girls or prepare for attack on ur inbox.

I agree. I feel like people don’t wanna say it because its the first time mercy has been good in like a 19 months

3 Likes

I mean it’s not a 5v6 though.

It’s very much still a 6v6 fight.

I mean she has an ability that launches herself across large gaps of space, on a 2 second cooldown and slim hitbox.

Don’t act like she’s just some easy target waiting to be killed.

3 Likes

you gon die the mercy mains are coming

3 Likes

People have said that about her left click, about resurrect, and now her right click, apperently nothing belongs in this game.

23 Likes

This has to be bait… But I’ll bite. This community is not even close to having a ‘bias’ towards Mercy and Sym. If anything this community has more bias towards heroes that take ‘skill’ more then others.

11 Likes

Yes because her design is garbage. Her design is literally MEANT for pocketing someone. I mean look at it.

Sustained single target healing, 30% damage boost to a single target, and a resurrect…

if that isn’t a pocket kit I don’t know what is, that’s why pocket ashe is such a problem and the same can be said now for pocketed echo’s and soldier’s.

3 Likes

Meanwhile I’m there killing mercy heal pocketed dps with my own mercy, because anybody can easily outdps the heal.

You could also try discord. Mercy is nothing compared to Zenyatta still. Discorded echo falls down from the sky like a rock because her hitbox is so fat it’s very easy to hit her.

Funnily enough, most picked dps in GM, Tracer, doesn’t even benefit from mercy supporting her, because Mercy is a poor flanker support.

Let’s not forget that Mercy was bottom tier before Brig got dumpstered and Ashe was the most picked dps by far without a dmg boost pocket.

Anything the dps do, it’s still got nothing to do with mercy being too overpowered.

11 Likes

I’d be all for mercy becoming a Main support if they didn’t think all they had to do was just buff her healing and voila main support.

1 Like