Mercy Mains, The Problem Is That She IS Balanced

Not fun at all per say, but rez is finally to a point where it is balanced, and Mercy is fine. So… You all don’t want the same Mercy, you want a more fun one. Understandable.

8 Likes

Rez is not balanced just an fyi. If it needs to punish everything else about her kit by hitting it with nerf after nerf and making the ability inflict it’s own CC onto you is not “balanced” it’s a band-aid fix.

11 Likes

Resurrect on a static cooldown is never going to be balanced. Nerfing everything else on Mercy’s kit just makes her more and more unfun to play.

It NEVER should have been a cooldown ability in the first place.

11 Likes

Eh, it’s kinda early to say that, God knows the amount of times everyone said that and she ended up still being oppressive.

4 Likes

Resurrect won’t be balanced, but at least Mercy currently is. The support category is in a good spot now.

2 Likes

Actually it isn’t balanced. They, more or less, just have band aid fixes to her kit rather than dealing with the non-balanced state of Resurrect.

1 Like

This, either remove it or make it a charged ability like a mini ult.

1 Like

Why not just make it an ultimate again? When it was originally balanced but needed changes to make it counter-able and manageable to play against.

5 Likes

Balanced in terms of pick rate compared to other supports. Maybe not balanced in terms of fun. We are finally seeing other supports being played.

And why is the possibility of a rebound suddenly gone? This has happened so many times whenever she is nerfed. Yes, this one is an unnatural nerf but we need to give it more time.

2 Likes

Ignoring fun, we can’t currently tell if she is balanced; the meta is in flux. I’m personally leaning towards slightly underpowered.

Rez may not be balanced, but Mercy herself is.

Tbh I think it’s still too early to tell. The meta is still adjusting to the support changes. We may not really know where Mercy is until it settles.

I’d like to know outside of Mass rez and super healing, just what do Mercy players expect to be “fun” about Mercy per se? I mean, her core design is fluttering about healing and boosting… then occasionally rezzing… she has the option to shoot her pistol, and some “Battle Mercys” do very well with this… outside of mass rez (which isn’t ever coming back) and her recent drop in damage, just what do people think they are going to get ?

That’s not true. It very well might be balanced right now.

That’s the thing, rez is so powerful it takes up much of Mercy’s power budget.

Arguable.

What happened to waiting a month?

What I said doesn’t contradict my earlier statement of waiting.

I am definitely waiting. If i’m to indulge in speculation as so many are doing, then there’s no reason to think that E on Rez right now might not be balanced. But to be conclusive I definitely need more time.

Didn’t say it was. Just seemed like you’re the kind of guy to wait it out instead of speculating and what you said earlier suggests this much. Curiousity got the best of me.

Yeah no I’m just indulging speculation. It will be at least 2 weeks before I say anything conclusive.

That said, I like what I see pickrate spread wise, and ideally I’d like to see no hero above 10% in GM on Overbuff. That’d be cool. It kind of sucks Ana is above 10%, but who would have thought that a few weeks ago right?

So interesting times.