Mercy mains dont make sense when they say she "isnt fun anymore"

So like any other mercy main, you can no longer climb in comp, and need to actually actively contribute in some way without an hiding behind a wall + I-Win Rez button to get potg, and boost your rank through an exploit that was fixed a while ago?

Just trying to make sure I understand correctly. Because that’s exactly how mercy mains got boosted into higher ranks. Until that exploit was fixed. Mass rez was removed because it was to powerful, and NOT fun for anyone else going against it.

Mercy Main’s Fun factor is not the only consideration here.

Just to clarify

2 Likes

Funny you talk about hell yeah moments, if I could post a link which I cannot, I’d show you a 5 man kill feed for mercy when she ult’d in Valk form.

But I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it.

I’m a sombra main myself personally, and the moments of fun are so far and few between for a Sombra, that you should just be happy you are a top tier meta pick.

You could always join us Sombras down in F Tier if you want so you know what it feels like to not be useful?

Yeah, it is true that the old ult was just pressing Q, but something huge happened then and it was pretty cool to feel like you did something great.

The problem with the new one is that you never raise your finger from the left click. She single target heals to get an ult to area heal using exactly the same button. And the fact that the reduced healing can’t outheal anything almost doesn’t give you enough time to right click anything, ever.

The Resurrection on Q gave you this huge moment you were working for. Healing for long periods of time so you can bring back 3, 4 of your team mates - 5 if you feel cocky and lucky - after a fight that turned against you.
With Valk you heal to keep healing, but in an area. And not in huge bursts like Zen, more like your common healing, but in an area. It feels like you don’t do anything different. It feels like you don’t have an ult.
Resurrection on E kind of tries to solve that, but it takes so long to use, there’s very few situations where you can actually use it, and even if you do, there’s always two fears in your mind: One, I’m going to die. Someone’s gonna peek around the corner and they’re going to murder me as I’m trying to resurrect this player. Two, I’m not healing. As I’m resurrecting this player, my team is dying and it’s not going to be worth it.

In the end, it ends up being a lot of left click pressing that never ends, with an ult that doesn’t feel all that impactful, and the only tool we can use to avoid left clicking, we get less fun from it than fear from using it.

By the way, the flying? It’s a trap. Most of the time you either fly close to the floor or behind cover or you’re as good as dead.

2 Likes

Sombra, the hero I’ve been trying to learn because she counters the bane of my existance.

But SOmbra does have her heck yeah moment, clutch hacks and EMPs. Certainly a lot more impactful feeling then the requirement of babysitting rez or EZ mode that can’t even stop an ultimate with helaing.

1 Like

It’s not even that actually. Her Guardian Angel as been buffed several times. The most fun part of her, movement, has gotten better. So, in my opinion, when they say she “isn’t fun” they are simply wanting mass resurrection back or wanting another rework because they don’t like Valkyrie.

I agree and cannot for the life of me understand why more people don’t see this.

A sense of entitlement. The erroneous expectation that the developers have to listen to, accept, and act on your feedback.

Almost 3/3 of her kit got changed now. I really don’t think she’s the same as before…

2 Likes

Them lies…

Valkyrie, Resurrect and trashy heals come to mind.

The thought process made it quite fun. This is just one aspect though. What you did was oversimplify it to a braindead fit your narrative. Please stop. :slight_smile:

• Configuration: Spectator

• A jack of all trades, remotely insufficient in none.

• Chain beams are boring

4 Likes

I think hiding and Rez was effective enough. There’s well know Mercy players on YouTube who made vids on places to hide and Rez.

If you’re talking about mass rez, it’s more engaging cause the Mercy player decided to use it. Save it for the 4-5 man which is a huge risk or go for the better tempo rez. Valk just feels like I’m a spectator.

2 Likes

Number changes can impact the way a character “feels” without actually reworking their kit.

Since you seem to be incredibly misinformed I recommend you read my old thread here (please expand it since it’s more than one paragraph long)

2 Likes

The main thing that’s stopping me from having fun is that there is little to no thought process when it comes to using Valk, it’s just press Q and fly around like an annoying moth having a bare minimum impact on a fight.

When it came to Mercy’s fun factor back in the ult rez days, the ult made up about 70% of the character’s overall enjoyment this included the thought-process that went into (i.e. observing ult economy, debating between tempo rez’s and mass rez’s), the large teamfight swing that it provided and in general it allowed the Mercy player to feel like they actually had an impact on the pace of the game since her base kit had no early-mid fight swing potential.

So now we’re stuck in a place where, yes, her base kit is still the exact same which means it still provides the exact same amount of fun that it provided back in the day it’s just that now, there’s no pay-off. Resurrect as an ultimate was not just as simple as pressing Q and having the exact same impact every time, the ult was extremely dynamic in it’s use and that’s what Valkyrie is missing in it’s current iteration and it’s why the Mercy community is not happy with it.

2 Likes

I woudl say she was never fun to begin with but even if we say she she was, I still don’t get how she less fun when she received a new ability in the forum of an ult and everything else is the same. It is just the result of it (mass rez to single rez) is what is different.

1 Like

Think that she had a rework because it was “unfun to play against”
:upside_down_face:

And probably for fun, it means impactful. She lost her impact totally.

2 Likes

The reason I don’t play mercy anymore is because it feels like she doesn’t really have much impact/fun moments in team fights right now. Her ultimate is pretty boring and underwhelming.

Ive been hearing “we need a Mercy to win!” for way to many seasons, so not having her being mustpick is so nice.
However, she does need some buffs currently to be more viable. I just think she needs higher healing output then she has now. Highest healing throughput on singletarget would be nice.

It was fun when you could play mind games with the enemy team.
It was fun when you could determine when it was better to use Rez depending on how the fight was going.
It was fun when you could capitalize on poor ult economy.
It was fun when Mercy had an impactful, yet not overpowered, ultimate. Though I’m not saying that it was a perfect ultimate, and did require some tweaks.

This rework was a mistake, and stripped her of the majority of skill that she required to be used effectively before. Her max potential while using her ultimate is gained by idling in the sky… How is that good for the game or the player? And don’t even get me started on how her entire kit is balanced around a mini ultimate on cd.

3 Likes

There’s no impact moment any more. With mass-rez we could save team fights, or do something to stall the point, or delay the inevitable. Valk is basically taking all the interaction Mercy has with the team, and throws it out the window with no real bonuses. If someone was going to die while you were healing them before you pressed Q, they are still going to die.

There’s “wow” moment no rush of energy because of a split decision you made to save the team. Like Yeah Zen is press Q and heal everything, but his healing is multiplied by a factor of 10 and you want to keep everyone in your orb of happy to ensure they all get those heals, because 300hps makes a difference.

60 hps doesn’t.

Flying doesn’t.

Unlimited ammo doesn’t.

All we want is to have that impact moment back, it’s been gone for way too long.

Fun is subjective i found her unfun in any shape or form.

While I understand your side of that. Playing Mercy with Mass Rez compared to Valkyrie was far more dangerous. A Mercy with Mass Rez ready to go was far more dangerous than Mercy is with Valkyrie. The enemy team knew you had to find her and it made our job a lot harder because one false move or better yet the wrong decision was what gave mercy a thrilling approach. I’m not saying go back to mass rez, I’m not saying do any ith Valkyrie but I’m sick of flying up in the air holding RT, watching my team die and thinking, “well I tried…” only to then be receiving messages of people saying I failed, I didn’t do my job, and that I should quit the game

1 Like