Mercy mains dont make sense when they say she "isnt fun anymore"

I never hid and let my team get killed while playing Mercy, most of the time it’s my teammates telling me or yelling at me to hide.

1 Like

You took my quote out of context, that’s dishonest.

I said that 43% is high for it being all players and not just Mercy Mains.

So since you obviously didn’t comprehend what I meant by that, I guess I’ll have to explain.

What percentage of players are Mercy Mains? Better yet, do you think even 43% of players are Mercy Mains? So if the push for reinstating mass-res is likely larger than the amount of Mercy Mains, that suggests that nearly every single Mercy Main voted in favor of it, plus even more people who were not mains.

I mean, we do have the factor that that survey likely baited more Mercy Mains than others, but even with that factor 43% still says A LOT.

1 Like

Ah people find different things fun! Some people found mass rez to be REALLY fun and impactful and satisfying! They liked swinging a match in such a way! :blush:

For some, that particular and singular element of Mercy might be all they found fun! And without it, they get nothing from playing this game :frowning_face:

Outside of the ult, Mercy is very much the same and even improved from what she was before :blush: That might be enough tho for some people!! Maybe for some the only thing they care about is mass rez! Everyone has their own opinion! :smile:

1 Like

And they changed it straight away when they realised it was a nerf, reaper STILL got changes which are buffs

So twice now we have changes being reverted due to the realization that they were not necessary

You were being dishonest.

no, the changes were changed cause they realised it didn’t have the effect they wanted. REAPER still got buffs this ptr patch

How can I be dishonest about information I didn’t have or didn’t know existed? Because while I knew there was a poll for the whole player base, I was not aware of a Mercy Main poll.

My opinion was based solely on the implications of 43% of the playerbase wanting mass-res.

Based on the poll you just showed me, I’m confused as to why so many non-mercy mains (This means only 21% of Mercy Mains did) that voted for mass-res in the poll I was referencing.

The two polls actually contradict one another and I’d like to know how big of a pool of votes they had? Because if it’s less than 100 players, then the polls are simply indicative of almost nothing.

Woah, wait, no. The Mercy-centric part that I quoted is literally just below the 43.8% statistic that you pulled out. In the same thread.

1 Like

It’s because of the abilities (or rather, the state of those right now) she received that she’s less fun. Valkyrie and Resurrect in their current states are actively hindering the enjoyment of the character for a lot of players, apparently. I’m including myself here.

Resurrect makes me feel like I’m walking through quicksand and has become so situational that I dread having to use it at all.
And Valkyrie used to be more fun, but also only because of the synergy it had with Resurrect. In it’s first iteration the idea was for this flying angel to swoosh into the fight and revive the fallen while providing aid. The chain beams always felt like a bonus, not the main idea behind the ultimate. (It’s called “Valkyrie”, aren’t Valkyries said to decide who may die and live on the battle field in Norse mythology? I always thought that’s why they named it that.)
Now that Rez and Valk are no longer tied together without any compensation whatsover in regards to it’s impact, it feels like a glorified spectator mode as you have almost no incentive to actively go into the fight. You hover out of the effective range of most DPS and heal/boost your team from afar most of the time. Occasionally you go and fight that pesky Widow or Pharah, but that’s about it.

Plus, because of the insane value of bringing someone back after they died, almost everything about Mercy’s base kit has been nerfed as well and feels lacklustre now. She struggles to perform as a primary healer without 60hp/s now (a buff she got back then to “solidify her role as a main healer” when the game had way less damage than it does now) and a lot of the interactions damage boost had with certain ultimates have been removed, thus taking away some of the decision making of Mercy. Only GA remains, basically, as the most enjoyable part of her kit, with the added bunny-hop and super jump.

1 Like

Mercy was fun because she was the target, the enemy had to care you existed either because of mass rez or decent healing. Now? Just shoot at who she is healing because the yellow beam just means a two for one deal with a pretty yellow line marking your next victim.

She is a Tracer that can’t shoot back, hoping you will chase/find her like old times and stop killing her team, but alas even standing in front of Rein shielded team gets no bite these days. Mercy is now the small child that has to watch her parents die over and over and over again.

You’re not very good at using it then

Yes you do, I frequently use it to go help a teammate that’s gone a bit too far to keep them alive.

No, actually I am. Not the best, but I get a lot of super risky and sneaky rezzes off. Doesn’t make me enjoy using the ability any more though, the quicksand feeling is still there, but I have to to make full use of her kit. It’s still insanenly valuable to bring someone back. Sometimes I spin around really fast, that makes it a teensy bit better.

I said “almost”. Also, you still hover somewhere way out of the effective range of most DPS. I mean, why wouldn’t you? You have the tools to be harder to kill, might as well use them since you’ve got nothing better to do while still being able to provide support.
I also pop it immediately if I hear Genji is jumping into the enemy team with his ult, to support him when I’m too far away. It still feels like a spectator mode without it’s synergy with Resurrect. I’m not saying to bring that back, it was way overpowered. I’m saying that it was likely designed with that synergy and without it, it feels lacklustre.

Actually, sometimes you have an incentive to get into the fight, I had this recently. It was when everyone else was dead and I had to swoosh around the point to stall for their respawns. That was actually exciting Valkyrie gameplay, although a very rare occasion for me. And being the annoying mosquito, that’s flying around and cannot be killed does not feel like it was the design concept of this ability. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, see I never saw the actual thread, only people who quoted a snippet from it a few times.

Touche. And this says a lot about how the vocal minority can skew your perception of something. Just going by the relentless Mercy Main forum threads and hijacking, it really seems to be cut-and-dried.

It looks like we need to start getting other Mercy Mains to speak up and contradict them, because the vocal minority is really making Mercy Mains look bad.

1 Like

The reason why it seemed like every Mercy player wanted them reverted is probably because of the #RevertMercy movement that spawned a while back. I always felt like it encompassed the entire range of Mercy change opinions, but I can see how people would get hung up on it.

But, Mercy mains have been speaking up and contradicting that phrase. Even back when this whole debacle started and even during the moth meta, people have been theory crafting a Mercy 3.0 and Mercy 1.5. But I can reasonably understand why so few people actually know that. (Those discussions are burried in huge megathreads).

The only thing I can say about that now is that the most popular post of all-time on this forum is a thread talking about Mercy’s current problems and a potential solution for it. If you want you could hit that up. Sort General Discussion by Top and set filter to All-Time. There’s a reason why it’s number one.

You’re a cool dude, thx for listening. :slight_smile: I had just assumed since you knew the stat you had read the survey thread.

4 Likes

Here’s the whole section for context. Should’ve added that in. :sweat_smile:

Click Me!

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Assuming that the, repeats, clarifications, and inevitable trolls are Mercy mains is just that, an assumption. Please refrain from making such assumptions. :blush:
Also, can you prove that we’re the vocal minority without proving that you’re also the vocal minority? :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Think of it like this: an ultimate should (in theory) be a hero’s moment to shine and have an impact in the midst of a fight.

Mercy… lacks that. Flight is nice and all, but it just reminds me too much of free roam spectator cams in TF2. The chain healing only on average gets 2 sometimes 3 team mates since everyone tends to scatter. Her passive being more active is kind of nice and if your going combat Mercy your team will more than likely loose the fight. (if not faster)

It’s funny how it’s the only transformation ult that doesn’t change anything about her really, she plays the exact same way… just airborne.

2 Likes

The decision making for her old ult was not the grand strategic hardcore choice that a lot of Mercy mains make it out to be.

How to fix Mercy? Eliminate CD for rez during Valk