Mercy Is Useless

This is something I’ve seen a lot but I don’t get it. I never play Mercy in a primary healer spot anymore, because she just can’t do it, so I leave the team healing to an Ana or a Moira and focus on pocketing a specific hero that is the reason I picked Mercy in the first place, like a Phara or a Hanzo. I primarily use damage boost and heal only when necessary.
I’m sorry but for me her healing is mostly worthless, if I wanted to heal my team I would have picked someone else.
Edit: also, to everyone saying she’s ok or strong (rotfl), are you telling me that you would rather face a good Ana or a good Moira, than a good Mercy? Seriously? Because I find matches where the enemy rolls a Mercy to be generally pretty easy as they either all die really quickly or they lack the offensive/defensive capabilities of a proper off healer. And it’s very consistent, so I can’t believe I’ve just encountered ALL bad Mercies (also, wasn’t Mercy the easiest hero in the roster by a margin? How can anyone be bad with her? Or things have changed now that it doesn’t fit the narrative anymore?).

i, a mercy player with nearly 400 hours as well <3

I said that Mercy was balanced with 60HPS and only a must pick because Hanzo+Zarya was overpowered and she had the most team synergy out of all the heroes in the game with those heroes especially since Zen was used. I even presented statistics that backed up my statement. Most users just laughed at that saying no it’s because of her healing an rez.

Turns out nobody’s laughing anymore.

2 Likes

To OP:

she is far, far, FAR from useless…but thats true of all of the characters

To the rest of you:

I do believe that Mercy’s healing rate should be buffed to 55

…but…

I just watched someone just dominate several games in a row as current 50HPs Mercy - damage AND healing

The pistol is highly underrated, and the 50 HPs is hardly inconsequential given that you can make it happen through walls and barriers.

The damage boost beam is also highly underrated

On a good team that knows how Mercy works, guardian angel is amazing

but the damage the other team outputs (depending if their dps is hitting shots) will absolutely destroy your team when youre running mercy/ana for example. You can no longer use mercy as a main healer anymore and thats what sucks. this isnt really a plea to “revert mercy to how she was” but i want to at least feel like im impacting and supporting my team.

100% Untrue

I watched a Mercy absolutely dominate a series of games in the last week or so

Yes, she’s weaker.

But she is still a main healer.

At this point mercy has no real reason to be picked besides the one Rez, and even so, you get stunned or killed half the time anyways. :confused:

2 Likes

can we agree that her ult sucks tho

Sounds like you simply dont know how to play Mercy. She does other things besides heal and rez.

Nope, particularly on a well coordinated team that knows to operate in a tight bunch while the ult is active

Really, really good for killing too - players dont seem to expect a rain of blaster shots on their head and die quickly

Just because I said she isn’t that helpful doesn’t mean I don’t play her. Check my competitive hours and all modes hours on her. I don’t play her anymore since her effectiveness sank down to the bottom of the ocean like the titanic.

Edit: there are far more superior supports to play such as zen from grav, and Ana for nano boost for clutch healing and turning the tide of battle.

2 Likes

You said there was no reason to pick her, so I am and will remain confused that you now say you are still picking her.

I have as I have said seem Mercy dominate games, and very recently

I do still think she should be bumped to 55hp/s, but she’s still very playable regardless

Try reading my post again.

“I don’t play her anymore since her effectiveness sank down to the bottom of the ocean like the titanic.”

I don’t play her anymore. I used to. Keyword: USED TO.

Valk is awful, her mobility often gets her killed, her kit hardly affects her survivability, other healers outrank her, and lastly, she can barely put her abilities to good use.

To further this, Moira and Ana for example,
Completely outrank her in healing and their survivability are at least 3x as long.

Do I even need to mention brig? I rest my case.

3 Likes

Ok then.

You’re missing out.

not remotely true.

Also untrue. Her mobility when properly used saves her over and over and over and over again

and her teammates as well

also untrue

her ability to regen plus heal while behind a barrier one example of several) synergizes well towards her survivability

circumstantial

In games with lots of barriers or widely spread out team, Mercy will outheal the others

If you have poor aim, Mercy is a much better choice when you play support than Ana

etc etc etc

just a laughable statement

Think what you want, but it boils down to your rank. I’m a support main at masters. How about you?

2 Likes

I mean…it’s probably too low? Dunno I honestly do not care about number changes they do to her (buff or nerf). I really hope they will change her kit, especially her abilities again, because both res as an e and valk are just boring. (well unless you go battle mercy valk)

1 Like

ah, rank shaming.

You’ve lost all credibility

Have a nice day, sir

boring? to some, maybe. Not me. Not many others

I am more concerned with what is effective than what is flashy

C’mon i was only talking about myself and what my opinion is. Do I think that most mercy mains find it boring? yeah there are even surveys that kind of prove me right, HOWEVER i do not pretend to fully know what everyone in the mercy community and the overwatch community think. The reason for that is obvious…I can’t read minds and so can’t you. Most mainstream Players probably never write or read in the forums at all sooo it’s kind of impossible to know in my opinion.

1 Like

Mercy is not useless, but she is not very good either

2 Likes

I guess I must have imagined watching that series of games recently where Mercy absolutely dominated

Comes down to how much time and effort a player puts into playing the character - any character, really - optimally