"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

I know of no valid data that backs a claim that either side is a majority

That made me chuckle.

Also, 100% agree with you

1 Like

There is no claims of such data. Hence, the words “I would see”, “subjectively”, and “I believe”

Context is very important. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I can say without blushing that the statement I replied to indicated that a majority of folks felt a certain way, and I know of no valid evidence to back the claim of a majority in this regard

2 Likes

And with that, an opinion, once again, attempting to be factual. Blown into the wind because evidence has once again, prevailed against their previous claims of falsehoods. In short, a warm gust. :blush:

Out of curiosity, what types of changes would you be interested in seeing with her?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

The text Mega quoted (quoted again above) is not a subjective statement. You are stating that the majority of the community had a specific opinion.

You stated that the majority of the community felt a certain way, not that you felt that a majority of the community felt a certain way.

You’re making claims regarding other people’s feelings and also claiming that a large proportion of people felt one way or another – surely you can see the problem with this?

3 Likes

And there in lies the issue. 2/3rd of the Mercy player base want her reworked/changed/buffed ect. Taking the best of Mercy 1.0 and the Best of Mercy 2.0 would definitely help find a common ground that can be both Enjoyable, Viable and Impactful. Mercy 1.0 was far from awful, Mercy 2.0 was far from Tragic but Mercy 3.0 could either A. Solve this games issues with her troublesome kit and impact or B. it’ll be moth meta again which as we all know is and was the worst Meta to ever have existed to come from a rework.

Im not saying Mercy is awful, or is as trash tier as some would like to say but Valkyrie is by far the worst thing to come to this character it is absolutely abhorrent to Mercy. Rez is a great ability but it shouldn’t be apart of her base kit, its powerful and balancing around it is making the rest of Mercy lack, it should remain intact within her ultimate not as the PRIME thing for her ultimate but in her ultimate as an evolved Ability. Mercy 2.0 has been clashing with her ever since. Especially since she’s supposed to be one of the most mobile characters ever and yet when it comes to rez, slowing her down 75%? That’s completely contradictory to her character.

3 Likes

You are mistaken. The sentence prefaces with “has subjectively been seen.”

Hence, it is a subjective statement.

Once again, this is why context is important. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Well stated, Grey…thank you

Just because a hero is not used among the upper echelon of players does not mean they are any less ‘fun’. Lucio is considered -among high skill players- to be quite fun, but he was impossible to run in OWL for a whole season because Mercy was so overtuned.

Mercy is functioning as intended - an introductory level healer. You don’t have to be mechanically inclined to be good at her. Therefore, considering very high tier players are always mechanically inclined, they simply ought to -and do- get more value out of a more difficult-to-play hero.

Whether she is fun or not still is competently subjective, whether you like to hear that or not.

1 Like

The text you quoted is, unfortunately, not helping your claim. The part you quoted, again, states that other people felt a way.

Again, it states that: “Valkyrie has been subjectively seen as not only a huge problem for most of the community”

That is a claim to other people’s feelings and the proportion of which hold them, and as Mega said, you’re not providing any evidence of it. You did not state that you, subjectively, felt that many others felt, subjectively, in that regard towards Valk.

At the very start of your post, where you said: “I believe it happens to be that subjectively, Mass Rez was seen as unfun to play against” – that is a proper subjective statement.

The concept of a majority is simply not a subjective one, even if one chooses in a statement to modify it with the adjective “subjective”

I think they (RevertMercy) just worded it poorly here, and meant to state that the majority does not have a statistic. Just as you stated earlier (forgive me I do not know how to quote on mobile) there are no statistics to prove the majority prefers mass res. There are also no statistics to prove that the majority likes Valkyrie. I think they just want to throw out there that there are no statistics for either side so it is on the opinion of the individual posting to determine for themselves what the majority prefers since there is now factual hard evidence of either.

1 Like

I stated that I believe that Mass Rez is seen as unfun to play against by the top 1% of players, and that Valkyrie is seen as unfun to play against currently by most of the community. Both statements are my personal belief, as stated in the beginning of the paragraph, and I believe it explains it just fine.

To be clear, there is no statistical data to prove that Valk is unfun by most people. And at the same time, there is no data to prove that Valk is seen as fun by most people. In my opinion however, I believe that Valk is a little more than a glorified spectator cam. And I still hold the belief in thinking that many others feel the same way as well, just as one is to think #MercyIsFine.

The statement was taken out of context by them to distract from the point proven previously regarding their claims of me “fabricating” #MercyIsFine. A blatant lie, and a fallacy that I handily debunked, that they can no longer refute. Of which I feel doesn’t help their claim in the first place about the hashtag, without any proof or evidence. I knew they couldn’t back their claims. They knew they had no proof, and they realized that I was right, so in retaliation, they decided to change to arguing about something else in a completely different topic (notice that the o.g. quote isn’t even responding to them), to distract from just being called out, and changing the subject to something completely unrelated to the former discussion. So, at the end of the day, my point remains. I’d love to see your thoughts on the change of topic though, while we’re scrutinizing proper sentence structure on an online forum. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

As you become more familiar with some of the more vocal posters here, I think you will understand more and better about their patterns of speech and their implicit intentions.

You may even find yourself in need of blushing every now and then…

Explained it perfectly. Thank you.

In response to your statement, the same can be said to the one who’s made the above quote. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I understand that. I don’t want to derail this further, but I really want to state that in my response about RM’s statement, I just want the opposing argument to be understood and well heard. I believe both sides, although very opposing, should be understood and I notice a lot that goes on around this forum is that both sides make statements that are not clear to the other, and often come off as rude or blatantly incorrect, when that may not be the intent.

1 Like

Understood.

One technique employed by the revertmercy/reworkmercy folks to get their point across is to raid the forums at times when the forums aren’t as well staffed, to post hundreds of threads on why Mercy should be reworked. The theory seems to be that the more words are said, the more true they become.

Another tactic is to produce multiple youtube videos attacking blizzard as well as making personal attacks on multiple named employees of blizzard.

I’m sorry, who is the “revertMercy/reworkMercy folks” that you are constantly referring to? I’m curios.

There seems to be this love about making these negative rumors and propaganda about this group of people, particularly from you I’ve seen, so I’d really love to see who you are referring to exactly, as well as the documented proof that backs up these claims. Do you have a source of these “tactics” or “techniques” that are “employed” by this group of people as a collective? Or should we assume that this once again, an opinion not backed by fact? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

No need to blush…honest…but a veteran poster like yourself with thousands of posts on your previous forum account already has all the details on these groups

1 Like