Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

i disagree it’s a high risk high reward tactic. it has counter play unlike the rez before it. it also limits the value they can get out of it without having to readjust the risk.

no it applies to every hero and their counters as well as what maps each hero excels on and what map each hero is at a disadvantage on. you dont pick ana for a tight short LoS map

1 Like

I’m happy that there’s at least a small pool of people that see and understand this. Because I lost count of how many times I had to defend myself against that lately.
It’s just funny because despite us calling all of this, saying that the rework is stupid and coming up with so many better options, we’re still the ones to blame. And some just don’t want to look past that because the majority has such a deeply seated hate for Mercy and her mains that they can’t accept anything else but their own already set image of us.

I honestly would like to see things from your perspective but I can’t nor do I want to stuff my head up by butt in order to do so. Your reponse smacks of flawed logic and double standards, and your continued refusal to stop doing it purely in order to pointlessly argue with someone.

This is literally as productive as trying to teach a brick how to fly; my target audience is clearly unwilling, unreceptive, and incapable in the matter of the topic, so there is just no point.

1 Like

now sit in the corner and and let the other supports shine

Wow. Dismissive AND Obnoxious? Well if that doesn’t win people over to your side, nothing will! GJ making a positive contribution to the discussion!

4 Likes

Is OP being serious, or just trolling?

1 Like

To be fair, you can’t blame someone for wanting a couple of weeks or so where Mercy isn’t top tier before the devs try again.

May she stays dead, amen.

2 Likes

Bless this post. (20 blessings)

5 Likes

I’m sorry, we’ve hated her top tier status ever since she was reworked…

1 Like

As have “we”.

My point is, let mercy settle for a bit, work on some other heroes, then take another look. I suspect that’s what the devs are doing anyway. They work on a “This first, then that, then that” basis, with little change in the plan.

then why is a 10hp/sec nerf making her “unplayable”

This naked belligerence is so refreshing after all the gaslighting in these forums about how Mercy is still in a good spot.

Now alll you need to is drop the euphemism “slightly behind” and say what you mean -
I don’t like Mercy. I don’t want to see her in the game. I love that she’s in a bad state. Now I just want Mercy players to shut up, and maybe make me a sandwich.

3 Likes

I wasn’t blaming them for that. I was blaming them for acting like a condescending jerk. There is a difference.

What I think is telling, is that if you watched OWWC last week, which was on the patch before the healer changes, Mercy was already less prominent than before. I imagine once the buffs to the others and her nerf goes through, we’ll hardly ever see her in professional play.

In my own play, Brigitte outheals me as Mercy. The only reason I pick her over Moira now is for rez, but even then, my team has lost, and I can’t help but wonder if it’s cos we didn’t have enough healing.

They need to decrease her ult charge. Then I would say put her healing at 55 per second. Or increase her healing during Valkyrie to 75 per second.

She’s the game’s only purely dedicated healer. Thus she should be the most reliable. Right now, she is not.

1 Like

That’s because deathball heavy tank comps counter snipers who are basically undrivable because of Mercy and Brigitta. So if they can’t kill the enemy teams backline they have to kill their frontline which is why other healers that are able to AOE heals are played more because they can outsustain the enemy teams tankline.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2018/08/patch-127-changes-support-meta-analysis.html

"Mercy’s healing is down -8% on average, which is less than the -16% expected from the patch change.

However, damage boosted has gone down -24% across the tiers"

Add the fact that effectiveness of Mercy’s ultimate has gone down by 17% and her ultimate charge rate is -8% healing done and -24% damage boost combined.

This nerf is absolutely huge and broke her like we knew it would and it’s not fine. Statistically she cannot win matches, she has negative winrate. 51% winrate on GM means you drop down in ranks, you have to have 60% to climb in GM. If a character cannot win matches, that character is not viable in competitive scene and needs a buff or a revert.

If a character cannot muster a positive winrate even at grandmaster tier where the players are the most skilled with their characters and other characters have better winrates at gold tier, something is clearly wrong and they not only nerfed her healing, but damage boost and ultimate as well.

Why be GM mercy when you can be gold lucio and win more lol.

The only thing they did not touch is resurrection but much good will that do when multiple people just up and perish because you suck at healing now. And suck at damage boost now too because you need to be healing.

Meanwhile Granma ana is like:

+22% increase in Nanoboost assists

And you realise why there’s so many frikken Genji’s all over the place and why does she have insanely good winrate at high ranks.

6% winrate difference between Ana and Mercy at GM and they’re supposed to compete for the same main healer spot. Lucio, Brig and Zen are more effective at gold tier than mercy at GM. Zero impact the higher ranks you go. What a joke.

2 Likes

WHich is sad since according to Blizzard, Mercy should still be the go-to healer.

I still believe that Rez should be her ult, well 2 ults: single target Rez to full health, alt-ult to mass Rez at half health.

Make Valkyrie her E where she can fly,AoE heal for 30hps and damage boat for 15% at the same time, or switch to her blaster with a slight boost in dps, and it goes into a 20s cool down after use.

No res at all and 60 hps would make for a much better game experience for Mercy, and it would be a clean solution. We don’t know that 55 hps works. We know that 60 hps does, and it seems like 50 hps doesn’t. What we also know is that res on E is a huge problem.

If you listen to Mercy players, you’ll find that by and large we don’t like current res. It’s super clunky, it often feels like a chore to use, it takes up a huge chunk of our power budget and makes the character either a must pick or a trash pick depending on what they do with the rest of the kit.

That’s why you hear so much talk about reverting - we miss the time period when it was fun to use. Mercy players aren’t trying to be OP, we’re just trying to get an ability that we enjoy and that doesn’t drain the life out of the rest of our kit. Every Mercy player I’ve spoken to would trade res in a heartbeat for any other healer’s E ability.

Now, it seems like res is too hard for the devs to evaluate properly. It’s nothing like any other ability in the game. They don’t know what value to assign it in her power budget, and they keep getting it wrong. They tried for a long time to devalue it, failed, and then turned to devaluing the rest of her kit. At this point, it would be best to bite the bullet and let it go. It’s the res of old that was an iconic and well loved ability. It’s nothing but a millstone around Mercy’s neck.

I would be Okay if they brought back the healing, let res go completely, and then just waited. Then we could see exactly how much power it actually had. If she’s bad after a month or two, they could add something else in to replace it. My preference would be that they add something that speaks to her identity as a single target throughput healer, and doesn’t infringe on Ana’s territory as the utility healer. Maybe some largish heal over time (say 240 hp over 3 seconds, on a 12 second cooldown, refreshed by Valkyrie).

She would be more of a healbot, but that’s fine. It’s okay to have a character that’s entirely focused on healing. That’s what many dedicated Mercy players came to the character for. There would be other other options for people who didn’t like that play style and they would be viable because Mercy wasn’t the sole keeper of a uniquely powerful ability.