Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

When our hero is fun to play again.

You guys are crazy, Mercy is the seventh most played hero at Grandmaster and second most played overall this week. The constant spam of “buff Mercy” for months on end is getting exhausting.

4 Likes

And she still will be the simple fact is he fan base is the largest and most loyal in the community outside of Reinhardt, Zen, tracer and Ana. More so then any of them mercy rewarded bad team positioning and severely punished enemy outplay.

Finally. I’ve got tired of the domination of the moth.

1 Like

Reverting Mercy would not fix her, and Blizzard would never revert her anyway. You want to fix her? Shut up about revert and think of some actually good ideas…

2 Likes

Mass Resurrect as an ult was broken, unbalanced and unfun though. Maybe if you guys can think of a different solution then sure, but until that happens, I hope mass resurrect never comes back.

3 Likes

In your opinion.

1 Like

Broken and unbalanced is not my opinion. Unfun is obviously my opinion though.

2 Likes

well congrats. you got what you wanted.

Now, if your team has a widow, mccree, or basically a long range dps, You can be PLAYABLE. In other scenarios however, IF you belong to a skill level higher than diamond, I’d recommend learning ana or lucio. Since they work better with the current meta, when there’s no long range dps available.

Don’t be over-dramatic. I think that she could use a QOL change, because her winrate is below 50 in every rank except for GM, but she doesn’t need a huge buff. (maybe not one at all) Let the dust settle, and let people re-learn how to use her again.

What about those who quite literally heal their team, and take cover behind walls? Just because these things exist, doesn’t mean we listen to them, and do what they say? Just because this one Mercy asked people to fight on point, and resed 3 PEOPLE (not an entire team) it’s constantly considered hiding. Plus, I’m pretty sure she knew the enemy had a lot of ultimates, and would want her team to have the advantage ultimate wise.

Not only was the Mercy toxic, but the Mccree was as well. Don’t get toxic to someone who is insulting you, it isn’t the way that works. Instead just ignore them and report them.

I’ll agree that I found it fun. But only cos it was broke and I abused the hell out of it.

How did you “abuse” the hell out of it? :thinking:

A fairly ignorant reply when I see one. There’s been tons of posts for around a year pointing out the obvious, many of which were ignored by being thrown into the various megathreads that have existed. Resurrect on E, freely given every 30 seconds, is the problem with Mercy. Right now her kit is back to front, you have the potential impact of a good ultimate on E while you have the potential impact of a poor ultimate on Q. They insist on nerfing other aspects of her kit such as HP/sec, which only nerfed the pathetic existence of Valkyrie even further as well as making it difficult to help keep tanks alive. Her ‘on fire’ is still busted.

Nobody asked for this poorly designed rework, or for the various problems it has caused for the past year to date.

1 Like

Here’s what I think we should do:

1. Wait two to three months to see where Mercy’s pickrate and winrate stabilize. Frankly, for as long as she was overpowered and ruined the rest of the support category, you owe us this much.
  2. If Mercy is badly underpowered at this point, give her 55 hp/s healing. Easy fix, almost certainly will work, and has no chance of breaking the game.
1 Like

LMAO, we owe you? When we were the ones telling everyone how garbage the rework was…

Or you know, bring it back to 60 and remove Resurrect off of E.

1 Like

So like, no rez at all? That would be really underpowered, worse than 50 hp/s.

Hide and rez. Did it all the time. Won me so many games.

1 Like

make it an ultimate Again :wink: or just replace it.

Pure luck dude. That only thing that strategy abused was the SR system (which was fixed a month before her rework went live). Hide n Res was a garbage strategy. This is coming from someone with 800 hours on Mercy across all my accounts and has been GM since season 3.

I don’t like this idea. Big reworks have a very high chance of being super unbalanced and ruining the game. 55 hp/s is completely safe and can’t possibly result in wildly broken balance. I like the second one better.