Mercy Is Balanced Now 😄

I wonder… how many times already we heard “Mercy is balanced now”?

Funny, she wasn’t overpowered with 60HPS with mass rez…hmm. Pretty sure Ana was the must pick during that time. Just saying, you are ignoring the actual problem. Its not her healing, its her rez as an ability.

1 Like

Well, where’s all the Fun tweaks posts for the existing character design?

I don’t think her healing needs to be buffed, I feel that her kit is in need of buffs. Some positive changes made to Rez, and hell, maybe even a speed increase on her pistol, QoL stuff.

Then you’re conceding, right? Asking because you said this:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

I’ve posted several of them and even discussed them with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what everyone else is doing.
Also one can easily argue that the current design is inherently unfun without rework levels of changes.

1 Like

I’d argue you’re ignoring the issue. I.e. Coming you with an idea that devs would likely put into the game.

Spamming Mass Rez replacement ideas is pointless.

Well my guess is that they will probably keep the current Valk/Healing numbers.
But likely they are going to try tweaking Rez to be less clunky. Maybe add in some more optional mechanics to Valk. And maybe increased healing when the heal target hasn’t been damaged for a while.

That or they are going to do a big rework, but not for another half year or so.

No I’m differentiating between healing in 5 seconds and healing in 15 minutes.

No you haven’t ._.

Rez charges your ult 15% faster, dmg boost does too, hell, the passive ult gain is also faster since the charge required is lower

Yes your healing might charge valk 2% less than before but when everything else charges it faster, that 2% is non existant

Oh. Sorry then. :flushed:

Huh hadn’t factored that one in. Good catch.

Meh, Valkyrie is boring and terrible anyway, so getting it faster isn’t really much of an upside.

Correct me if I’m wrong but there was a study conducted in the OWL that showed that you’re more likely to survive if you don’t use Valkyrie. :sweat_smile: It was posted on reddit. I’ll try to find it.

2 Likes

Apologies, I’ve left out a “0.” It should say 20% not 2%.

If you find Mercy fun to play, then great! For a lot of people however, Mercy’s core problems are that she is still unengaging, unimpactful, and unrewarding to play, and flying in the skybox with Valkyrie, away from the action, and watching your team get erased despite chain healing them isn’t what I would consider fun, impactful, or engaging. These buffs are a step in the right direction with her, but it does little to solve those problems mentioned. But that’s my opinion. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Really cause last I checked, they are balancing her whole kit around rez. Pretty sure if rez wasn’t an ability she would have kept her 60HPS.

I mean sure, you dislike valk but now having it is factually better than not and Mercy’s power can be perceived more accurately

This was proven to be an occurrence of data, in the long run numbers stabilized and the impact of valk was positive, albeit not by a lot

If you’re talking about when Ana was actually overpowered, sure.

If you’re talking about the 6 months that followed, then no. Mercy was the most picked healer in every rank below GM by the time she was reworked.

Blame Mercy’s pickrate on what you will, I just don’t want people thinking Ana was keeping her down throughout the entirety of Mass Res.

1 Like

I was thinking we’d have to wait a year, half a year is pretty soon considering they will prob rework bastion first.

I hope they are thinking, after all this backlash, to consider the fun factor for both sides when changing mercy from now on.

I view it on a spectrum, and no, that’s a very exaggerated view. Certain chars simply have fewer risks of making mistakes, therefore should not be able to have as high rewards in comparison to chars who face much more risks of mistakes, but therefore should have more potential for greater reward.