Mercy idea from someone who doesn't play Mercy

Just remove rez completely with a better Ultimate, better healing Output and she would be balanced. I like the idea of her having an Aura of healing light around her and if enemies get close to her they take holy fire ticking damage to help her defend herself better against fking flankers which the team seems to disregard.

Also an option, as it would certainly open up a lot of power to be moved around in her kit. I just doubt they’d take that step, since rez is so iconic and attached to Mercy.

Understood but since they changed her rez so much it’s a terrible ability now and ends up being a death sentence to us in several cases.

1 Like

That’s not quite what I mean.

What I mean is that every hero needs to have some aspect of them be kind of overpowered compared to the rest of the cast. If they don’t have something to make them stand out, then why would players ever pick them?

Blizzard’s balancing, especially with the healers, have a terrible habit of gutting the parts of their kit that make them worthwhile to pick. Baptiste is too good? Instead of reverting his damage buff let’s nerf his unique immortality thing. Moira, the main healer duelist, is too good? Let’s nerf her healing and dueling potential. Brigitte, our tank/healer hybrid who’s the only healer who can overheal, is too good? Let’s make her largely unable to do any sort of tanking and nerf her overheal instead of maybe doing something with Inspire.

If you do that too much you’ll end up with all heroes stuck in this quagmire of meh where nothing about any hero is exciting and makes you actually want to play as them. And if no one wants to play as your heroes… well… the game is gonna die.

That’s why I haven’t played in months. They removed or gutted the parts of my favorite heroes that made me want to play as them… so… I left.

That’s also why I absolutely do not want Mercy to be meta again. If she’s meta again I fully expect the devs to slap Res with another restriction or her healing beam will get nerfed again instead of trimming off some of the unengaging power bloat in Valkyrie that most people wouldn’t miss.

1 Like

That’s a genie we can’t put back in the bottle. There’s largely left nothing to lose with Mercy, so I’ll take my chances.

2 Likes

45 HPs on her main beam outside of Valkyrie. Resurrect cast time increased to 2 seconds. Having Resurrect on cool down puts some sort of debuff on Mercy, like -10% walking speed, increased GA cool down, whatever. Blaster damage reduced to 18 or even 15 per shot.

I realize that Mercy doesn’t have much… but… she still has more she can lose. And the Devs have given me plenty of indication that they will nerf her in the worst possible way.

1 Like

And I won’t lose a thing because last time I played her it was like season 12…

She’s boring, either they fix it or don’t, can’t break it any further for me.

I just wish the old mass Rez Mercy was back.

She wasn’t very strong, but at least during that one moment she felt impactful.

But DPS mains had to cry her away, and although they paid the price with 6 months of Valk, in the end Mercy got deleted.

2 Likes

Ah, I see where you are coming from now. Objectively they can make her even worse, but for you personally it wouldn’t matter if they do. Got it. Yeah… I’m pretty much in that boat too.

I feel like people like to forget this when its convenient, and I would have brought it up more in the past, but in all fairness they have been gutting HPS across the board lately. So Mercy’s been getting indirectly more powerful lately.

They seem to be nerfing every in the game lately. CC got nerfed, shields got nerfed, healing got nerfed, they just double nerfed Hanzo and are nerfing Widowmaker, they just nerfed Doomfist. Honestly I have to give props to Blizzard, they are removing a lot of the more frustrating things in the game.

2 Likes

Well if it’s on a cooldown, it would be more of a burst healing ability. Which is what Mercy players wanted, and for you who also plays Rine. Is that not what you want when playing that Role? Cause being a tank and getting healed by Mercy kinda sucks.

Well, I can’t say it wouldn’t trouble me to see devs moving in the wrong direction, but what am I to do? Her current state is a mess yet they refuse to even talk about it, all we get is “she’s fine” and colossal stupidity like “Ashe will be great for her”, so if a meta forces their hand, maybe they’ll stumble into something and realize the mess they’ve made.

2 Likes

It would definitely help Valkryie, but to be fair almost anything would help Valkryie. At this point I would be happy with almost anything Blizzard does with it.

You mean like how a few months back Jeff just said people just want Mercy to be the best? I couldn’t have facepamled more if I tried. It actually hurt to see how badly the mark was missed, its not her strength that’s the problem, its Valkryie’s core design that’s the problem.

2 Likes

60 HP/s ain’t exactly bursty.

If it is, fine, the design problems remain I’m afraid.

If duration was lowered then maybe, less is more when it comes to Valk.

1 Like

If people aren’t satisfied with her kit they can play another hero. Many of us are satisfied and don’t want resurrection as an ultimate.

Perhaps change Valkyrie, make it last shorter but heal more, but yea.

Let them pick something else.

1 Like

That would be an enormous improvement.

3 Likes

There is nothing left to pick.

The reason I initially started playing Mercy was because of her ability to sustain her team and keep them alive. Have you been watching the recent changes to almost every support? Brigitte less hps on packs and less stacking armor (PTR). Baptiste, less healing and immortality has been severely nerfed. Moira again less healing. Going back a bit further… Brigitte, Armor pack burst heal deleted in favor of some anemic 60 HPs for 2 seconds and her ability to physically impose herself between teammates and danger got reduced by a ton.

Face it… Blizzard hates defensive abilities. If one wanted to play a defensive minded hero… they have zero options.

There are nearly 30 heroes in the game.

That’s why I continue to play her.

Yea I’m a support main since season 1.

They are toning down healing. There is nothing wrong with that.

Really? Because sound barrier has been buffed since launch and so has transcendence

I don’t think that’s true. The heroes still exist.

Really really.

Torb’s Armor pack: Gone.
Symm shield generator: Gone.
Mass Resurrect: Gone.
Symm’s teleporter: No longer a defensive ultimate.
Defense Matrix: Nerfed into being a shadow of its former self.
Majority of shields: Nerfed to be significantly weaker than when they were launched.
Trans and Beat: Always had long charge times. The TWO global nerfs to ultimate charge rates hurt them the most. Also it makes the situations where they are actually useful happen significantly less often.

Also, the buffs Trans and Beat got all happened a long time ago.

Sure, the heroes still exist, but their ability to defend or sustain their team have been made significantly weaker. If that’s why you were playing them… well you now have no reason to play them.

Okay, but that doesn’t mean they hate the abilities. I would argue that most of those changes you cited are better for the game.

Armor pack, shield generator, mass resurrect, teleporter, and DM… I think the changes done to these abilities is better for the health of the game.

It’s harder, sure, but that just means it’s more of a challenge.
I do have reason to play them.

You want to hear the reason?

I like the characters and I get results with them.