Mercy has a lower winrate in bronze than Ana

Overbuff for this week shows that Mercy now has a slighter lower winrate than Ana in Bronze. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ana is much harder to play than Mercy, right?
Mercy has the lowest winrate of all supports except for in Silver (0.5% above Ana) and Gold where Ana and Mercy have the exact same winrate. Shouldn’t Mercy be a stronger pick in the lowest tiers due to her ease of use? Please someone help me understand how Mercy is balanced because I’m not seeing it.

118 Likes

INB4 “Bu-But Ana requires skillz!!”
Well, I think it’s safe to say Ana requires less skill than Mercy to win now.

72 Likes

I’m on the border of silver/bronze. I’ve run into Mercy players in bronze/silver that have a hard time toggling between targets. I honestly cringe when I see a support pick Mercy now.

10 Likes

I guess it turns out a bronze mercy will, probably also play a bronze ana and vice versa; but since ana has more carry potential, people that are climbing out of bronze are probably playing ana and not mercy. Previously; anas winrate was bad because playing ana when red team had a mercy was throwing. Now both bronze community perception and actual balance has changed, and one could argue for the better.

People are getting gud.

3 Likes

She’s only higher than Ana in silver but by such a negligible amount, it hardly counts

This really shows the uselessness of the character

39 Likes

Lol ana requires skill to hit DPS but that’s not what her playstyle is in lower ranks.

All u gotta do to win in gold and below is stick to your rein and left click him 24/7

5 Likes

There are only 3 Heroes with a winrate over 50% in bronze.

Just saying.

35 Likes

This thread is not comparing Mercy’s win rate to the 50% mark. That’s completely irrelevant. This thread is comparing Mercy’s win rate relative to the win rates of other heroes in the same SR bracket.

37 Likes

Also THIS MONTH instead of THIS WEEK reveals that anas is a whole percent lower… the bigger sample size tells you something else, truly.

7 Likes

Yeah, well Torbjorn and Symmetra have the highest win rates at grandmaster so win rates don’t tell the whole story. I’m not saying she is in a perfect spot, but I do think she is very close to being balanced and her current kit is the way to go.

6 Likes

thats cause everyone in bronze is actually a gm smurf.

11 Likes

Give it time, Mercy’s still catching up the elevator down to the bottom of the bottom of the list. =p

It won’t be long tho till bronzies win more with Ana this month too.

8 Likes

I think his point was that everyone in bronze is bad at every hero, so it doesnt really matter. If you could make a graph of time played on a hero to winrate, mercies winrate would be reasonably more flat when compared to anas winrate, which would be more steep.

2 Likes

Assuming that most teams are running 2-2-2, the standard team will consist of
Tanks
Reinhardt
D.va
Supports
Ana
Moira
DPS
McCree
Genji

Most winrates of heroes in bronze are bad and Mercy doesn’t even has the lowest winrate in bronze.

Mercy’s low winrate is definitely a problem, even in other ranks, but it’s not like she’s unviable, broken and unplayable.

Mercy does need changes and I’m certain that the developers will try balancing her to have a 50% winrate, but I think they are currently focusing on heroes who are in a worse state. Heroes like Torbjorn and Roadhog.

2 Likes

Sadly I think Mercy will have to suffer a while at the bottom of the pit because of how mad the community is about the Mercymeta still. Plus the devs seem to avoid the issue with her as good as possible and are kinda afraid to touch her or something.

13 Likes

Just remove Mercy from the game, would make the crybabies happy

4 Likes

Then they should have left her alone because that is where she was at before the nerf. Her pick rate was even healthy, if high. She lost her must-pick status a very long time ago, but the anti-Mercy crowd never got over it.

I don’t actually think Torb is in a worse state than Mercy on live right now. He is a niche pick, but he is incredibly strong within that narrow playing field. Mercy is just weak everywhere.

22 Likes
11 Likes