Mercy & Double-Standards

Mercy also flew out of nowhere, only difference is that Mercy is much lighter on her feet, is much faster and was totally invincible when she ulted.
Reaper on the other hand has big clomping footsteps, a very loud teleport, a very slow movement ability and is even slower and vulnerable whilst ulting.

Death Blossom can also be negated by a Lucio ult, DM, barriers, sleep dart, ice walls etc, in fact it has a ton of very straight forward counter play.
Mass Resurrect? Kill the tiny, very fast, very quiet hero before she resets the team fight in her favour.

There is no double standard, Mass Resurrect and Death Blossom are in no way comparable and Mercy ain’t getting reverted.

No, he doesn’t.

Reaper doesn’t leave during a fight. He goes off between fights when he doesn’t have anything to shoot anyways.

People don’t walk into a fight, shoot some, then back up to try to shadow step up to a high point then jump right back in to ult. He either ults in the middle of the fight without missing a beat, or he finds a place to “hide” in the downtime after/before a fight. There is no offput damage.

4 Likes

Rez should be totally remove and replace with a skillshot ability.

1 Like

They didn’t wait until after the team fight to ult like Mercy did.

1 Like

That’s a lie you pulled outta yer a$$

Nah he’s just using your logic

Mercy used to not either. When people talk about a revert, its from before invincibility and usually with a line of sight check (like sombras), and with an E ability that involves some kind of aiming or is more involved

The reaper can also be stopped before it happens, it’s called death and it’s not exclusive to mercy.

4 Likes

LOOK WHO’S TALKING!

Reaper doesn’t need his team to die to have an impact through his ult.

1 Like

He is just an horrible bad troll, who twist the reality to his favor without any single reasonable argument.

I mean he probably can say something like " W-well D.va needs to hide in order to use her ult! so Mercy cannnnnn hide and ress too! " or “Roadhog hides and flanks with his hook-combo … nooot fairr!” nvm what about

“Torbjorn hides his turret OH MY GAAWWWWWWW Jeff! you see that? unfaaair! give us mass ress again !”

Is just a waste of time and effort.

7 Likes

I played Mercy once and got a 5 man.

He heals himself though. And he kills you.

He heals himself IF he damages you. It is not a meaningful heal anyway, just 20% of the damage inflicted, which is pretty neglectible on numble heroes like Tracer and Genji.

Whereas Mercy heals herself, period, she doesn’t have to constantly hit enemies.

So why is Reaper, Sombra, Tracer and Genji still in the game? Oh right, because the devs had issues with Mercy hiding and only Mercy- not every character meant to flank or hide.

The developers may have intended Mercy to hide, IN BETA where she had enough weaknesses that didn’t allowed her to hide without repercussion. Remember? Not being invincible, being forced to stand still during the entire animation? Said weaknesses that Reaper share in order for them to balance out the ultimate: Loud flanking teleport, loud footsteps, no invincibility, drastically reduced movement… on top of the ultimate being DoT, with LoS requeriment.

Mercy not being intented to hide is not the same as nobody being intended to hide the same way Doomfist not being intended to heal doesn’t means nobody should heal.

1 Like

Stupidly.

Someone tried to describe hiding without directly using the word. Is that not rewording? I simply pointed out how the negative impacts of hiding can be applied to certain DPS ultimates.

Quote where I said that please.

This doesn’t mean much coming from you. Also, am I just supposed to ignore how you say the most dumbest things on the forums.

Ironically, I’ve never said this at all. :joy: when you have to make things up to make someone look bad.

Ironic. Because that’s exactly the type of comments done by Mercy mains that got roadhog butchered in the first place.

I guess Mercy should be allowed to hide but not Roadhog because it’s unfunnn being killed by a tank :angry:

2 Likes

You probably are right. I just think hiding in general shouldn’t be condoned in a game live Overwatch where every little counts.

Dude you are at your third edit, and you still can’t make sense.

For real?

This, this right here… Mercy players weren’t the only people complaining about flanking Roadhogs…

Fight me. Jk, I’m eating atm. Hard to type with one hand. :frowning: