Mercy & Double-Standards

Resorts to ad hominem. Ok…

If Valkyrie can come back after 2 years, I don’t see why mass Resurrect can’t. :smiley:

Lovely chat. Hope we can learn something from today. The both of us. :slight_smile:

It only started seeing play in GM because of the SR exploit.

You just did.

Anyway if you are not going to answer questions and would rather call everything i say a “strawman” and or spam Titanium’s thread then please don’t bother answering anymore. You already proved that you dont know how 2016 Mercy played, or why and when hide and Rez became and was a thing, or why Hide and Rez was a problem.

1 Like

Just gonna say.You might argue that mass rez takes no actual skill.You just flying around and see a 2x on your screen and press Q.If you think that’s fun and skillfull.Good for you.I wish I could have standards as low as you.

Sorry, do the ranks below no longer exist?

Throughout this whole argument, you and I have made it very clear the strategy existed.

Maybe don’t resort to logical fallacies then…

Someone asked me to quote it again because they couldn’t be bothered to scroll up. Blame them. Ironically, it’s the one who is liking your replies.

That’s you, my friend.

Invulnerability and SR exploit.

Because it was counter-intuitive to Mercy’s existence as a main healer.

Mass Res did encourage a certain kind of playstyle that Blizzard decided to remove for the good of the game.
It’s a pitty Mass Res seems to be the only thing Mercy players found “fun”.

2 Likes

Why are you using more strawmans? I’ve never said this. For the record, yes, I do find mass Resurrect more fun because it required mind games unlike Valkyrie which is just glorified spectator mode which does everything for me.

1 Like

Nope. Nothing was encouraged by mass Resurrect. It was the broken SR system and misinformed Mercy players. If something like that was encouraged, game developers wouldn’t put it into their game to begin with.

1 Like

W-w-what? That is ludicrous.

1 Like

You don’t need to be able to counter resurrect directly when you can simply kill the enemy who was resurrected before they have a chance to do anything.

1 Like

The moment someone mentions evil Dps mains as the root of all evil I know who has an opinion to take less seriously.

2 Likes

Most Mercy mains want her to be reverted to 1.0 before she was given invincibility that nobody asked for.

This was just as easy to counter as any other ultimate.
If the team was too scattered during the VERY RARE MASS-RES, then they could be just as easily be killed again.
No focus fire? They’re easy to kill again.

The point is, all of the ultimates, including Mercy’s old ult, had risks. Even if Mercy’s mass res seemed perfect, most people only used it to res 2-3 people.
Just like most other ults kill usually 2-3 people.

(Also the thing that f*'d Mercy over was when they added the invicibility that nobody asked for during resurrect. It was fine before then.)

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm.

It… It really isn’t. A lot of heroes do hide and ult and yet Mercy was the one pointed at more for it because it was usually suggested by a teammate (from personal experience).

McCree hides, Junkrat hides, Reaper hides, D.Va hides to throw her meka into the enemy line, etc. It’s not ‘JUST MERCY’.

(Also 5-man resses were just as rare as teamkills for Mercy. It was usually just a 2-3 man res, like any other ult is a 2-3 man kill most of the time.)

LMFAO. To clarify what do you mean Reaper hides to do his job more effectively? In a sense Mercy would be doing her job more effectively too if she hid and that’s to make sure she’s staying alive. Mercy can’t ult if she’s dead too. Mercy gives her team advantages too… ie. A second chance.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe people think hiding with Reaper is the same thing as hiding with Mercy. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

It kind of was.
Hiding to avoid enemy detection, albeit Reapers go hide-and-flank on their own while Mercys usually had a teammate “Suggestion” when they did it. (Whether by yelling/toxicity because they died first last team fight or by someone asking that they do go hide just in case things get nasty).
Good Mercys peeked and were behind cover most of the time, though. (Like most healers) And Mercys, if they took enough damage, would panic-ult to save themselves and fly away, which could then be countered by your team going ham on them.

1 Like

Beware! He will eventually resort to strawmans and ad hominem.

Mercy didn’t always have invuln frames.

2 Likes

I never used to use the forums until after Mercy’s rework. When one of my friends told me Mercy was getting invuln frames, my literal first reaction was, “Why…?” Nobody asked for it. Nobody thought she needed it or that was the answer to make her better. And I’m sure MANY people were extremely confused to hear that buff like I was.

I actually didn’t like the invuln frames. Before my games I would always go into match chat and say, “Hello! My name is Angela Ziegler and I will be your “heroes never— UGGGHHHH!’” It made people laugh and I loved the meme. But then invuln happened and everybody began to hate Mercy and she was reworked… :confused:

3 Likes