Mercy could use a rework

Hi! I play Mercy a lot, even from 1.0 and i think Mercy should use another rework.

I don’t think i’m wrong when i say the Mercy rework was a failure. It required so many nerfs and it wasn’t handled correctly specially on how long it took them to get her to this state. And i think they are going on the wrong way with Mercy. They reduced ressurect power by nerfing everything on Mercy’s kit instead of looking at ressurect itself.

I disagree with the idea of ressurect being balanceable, and i wish the ability was removed, and a lot of Mercy players agree. Even if not, the way ressurect works right now is NOT okay and should be re-done.

It could be:

• Earnable : as Torbjorn’s armor, you earn a res after you do a certain job. This helps to avoid players being ressed at the start of a game and gives more thought on resources. It could be a certain amount of heals, dmg boost or even both.
  • New ability, res on Valk: Making res only available on Valkyrie would make the game flow like before the rework, not worrying much about picks being denied at a start of a game or without the enemy Mercy wasting something. By giving res only for valkyrie, they could give Mercy a new ability outside ult. That requires more thought from the developers but it could be something that prevents death or gives Mercy some kind of mini Valk but less powerful.

Mercy right now feels weird. She is a healer that works better on defense but has an offensive ultimate that is not really as good. I do think is a good ultimate, but only when your team is grouped up which is not 100% of cases. It can’t really save anyone and it definitely feels boring and that it has no impact at all.
Ressurect feels bad for the Mercy player, specially for the cast time and lack of control on how much resses you can get by surviving and healing. And it feels worse for the enemy players that got their pick denied so easily.
Now, people will say she is fine because of her still high pickrate and usefulness. But it definitely feels bad to play AS and AGAINST, and that’s why they reworked Mercy on the first place.

I respond to any question freely, just please be constructive.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018