Mercy could become the cc counter this game needs

How come you feel this is more impactful than Rez

Good thing Supercharger is an Ultimate, then.

1: you get to use it way more often

2: it adds an extra skill to master to mercy’s kit. Higher skill ceiling, Yay!

3: you get to be proactive. Mercy could use that, to give the player a better sense of agency in their match

4: Pacify has shutdown potential. Shoo, Doomfist, shoo!

Rez is an ult squeezed into a slot too small for its power, and that’s done crazy bad things to the rest of her kit. It’s balanced now, but at the price of it feeling really clunky! I want an E that feels smooth and natural to use. Rez on E…doesn’t.

1 Like

Stop giving Mercy a debuff. Also, the way the OP write it would be quite a pain to code. I’m willing to bet the current code for abilities wouldn’t support it and would need to rewrite the code for all abilities.

The best method is for Mercy to place a buff on a team mate that cleanses CC and protects against CC for a short time.

It would require the loss of Rez. Something the devs have been trying to avoid to balance Mercy’s kit. I highly doubt they’d do that now. If anything a CC resist may come by way of a new Support hero.

Here’s the pobl with a CC negation power bring cast on team mates:

If one hero has it, they become the msim counter to multiple heroes. Indeed making some heroes completely useless. Players may think this is good but they aren’t thinking like a game dev.

What this would eventually result in is not limiting CC but proliferating it into more kits as new heroes cones out. So, once a castanle CC resists ability ( not self like Orisa - cadtable on team mates), enters the game, expect more CC to enter the game too.

Also note: devs seem careful to make a distnction with CC that knock back isn’t a CC yo them. Listen to Jeff talk about Ashe and her Coach Gun and hie her kit is them walking back from CC.

Who said anything about removing rez from mercy’s kit?

I think giving 2 seconds of invulnerability to a teammate would be better than a partial hack and slight damage decrease.

There are a few things wrong with the mechanics of the ability.

The debuff itself only lasts for 2 seconds, which is very easy to wait out with minimal determent to the character you pacified unless they already committed to the ability and you managed to hit them before the effect already has done it’s damage. Using this ability at range has big drawbacks considering it’s a projectile that requires travel time and leading to hit the enemy, giving them ample time to use their CC.

Take for instance a Roadhog, you both use your abilities at the same time at the same distance. Once the character is pulled in range of his shotgun then the effect no longer matters, there are few situations where you will be in the perfect distance needed for your ability to take effect. Even with Zarya’s bubble which is borderline instant you either predict when he is going to hit the character or the bubble takes the damage from the shotgun.

Besides that you give even more counters to this ability including shields, matrix and you even allow Genji to deflect it to your teammates (which isn’t so bad because it won’t do much). Most CC abilities are quick to instant and take less skill or set-up then this ability. The risk is too great and the payoff is too little.

Could you imagine if discord was on an 8 second CD with the same requirements and benefits? Zenyatta would never be picked.

Too OP even for an ulti

i guess that could work

my preference is a new support with a kit biult around anti-CC though

Sigh… I know. :pensive:

But these are the forums. If I suggest that it last longer, many will dismiss it outright as overpowered and leave the thread to decompose. I really really want this thread to stay relevant for at least another day, in hopes that a stray dev will see it and think “hey, cool idea!”

It really doesn’t have to be a skill shot considering most of the CC in the game is very generous to pull off. Most people on these forums would be rushing for a “cure” from the CC blues.

I’m against any form of CC denial on Mercy. She’s already highly effective pocket healer. If she’ll be able to negate CC for her pocket, it will simply break some heroes, and make combos that will leave PharMercy biting dust.

Also, just to make a jab at regular mercy spam arguments, if Valk and single rez “go against design philosophy of mercy”, then so does ability that forces you to aim at enemy heroes instead of your teammates.

Here’s a couple of possible solutions: 1: Make it hitscan? Would help with reactionary play, as the travel time wouldn’t be an issue. 2: Pierce enemies? Would help it be less niche and could allow it to be less reactionary. 3: (what i would pick) Rename to Pacify/Cleanse and allow it to hit allies who are currently affected by CC. Allies hit have any CC currently affecting them removed, and heal for 30 health for each CC affecting them. Not sure about the healing, but it would add more thought to enemies thinking about using CC when a Mercy is nearby.

1 Like

As a Mei main do I have to say no thanks.

I would love to keep playing my main character please. I also don’t want her pickrate dropped to below 0.10% just so Mercy can be stronger and more exciting to play.

I think this could work, but it would be super weak.
A little bit of anti cc (for very short duration) on a long cooldown is pretty bad, especially since it’s replacing rez which is the most powerful ability in the game, for this, which is a much worse zarya bubble.
I would say increase her HPS back to 60 and make single rez tied to valk

That’s an interesting idea but I don’t think it’s a good idea for the game.
If you put that it would just mean Dive comes back but stronger than ever and Mercy will still be trash.

Nobody would try to take a comp based around Rein Zarya because their ults could be just denied and you would counter Mccree, Brigitte, Sym, Mei, Doom (for low elo at least) and that’s about it ? So basically take any other character and you’ve just made Mercy useless ^^

Also this would cause a few issues because what do you do of Road’s hook ? He just throws it and it comes back empty ?
Junk’s mine won’t move the ennemy ? So basically you make him stronger he can deal full damage from both his mines + his grenades

Also if you do that to Pharah that means her rockets won’t move ennemies so it becomes easier to lend 2 shots in a row and kill that target.

I think it would bring MANY bugs for not much, and it would make Mercy even more of a “niche” pick

1 Like

Honestly I think its time to give up. They dont care about Mercy. They have loads of other heroes and features they are working on. At this point its a lost cause. Wait for Echo and move on.

If you all stop playing her maybe they will look into her but I highly doubt it seeing as how Hefe was blatantly blase about Mercy when it was brought up in a stream the other day.

THEY DONT CARE! :woman_shrugging:

Dont get me wrong I want her fixed but I dont see them caring so it’s time to move on is all Im saying. Up to you to exhaust yourself over this or move on, os all. Have a great day. :smile:

You sure about that?

Yes I am very sure, heroes like Doomfist and Reinthart with a healer backing them up even without other ultimates would become completely unstoppable. And the last thing we need is a domfist who’s immune to his non sombra counters under any circumstances ultimate or not.

How long will it take for them to realize that Blizzard has the final decision, and none of these Mercy mains can change the game if they scream loud enough,.