Mercy changes were unjust

Nice. Slight Moira buff. I’ll take it.

i mean uh sorry mercy

2 Likes

Honestly they should spare Brig their amazing balancing until they can get her new ultimate live.

Someone should make a thread on how pocketing, the thing many anti-mercy ppl complain the hardest about, just got buffed and reinforced with these changes.

19 Likes

The Brigitte changes are in anticipation of ult rework coming mid season. Previously mentioned by dev team.

I wish I played Brig enough to have an opinion but ya… That change seems either pointless or a negative… don’t know why they even bothered with it.

They should have simply done the follow:

• Damage boosts & other positive damage modifiers now only apply the highest modifier. For example, if landing a headshot (+100%) while Mercy Boosted (+30%), the headshot modifier overrides the Mercy boost.
  • Mercy now gains an extra +10 HPS for targets under half HP
2 Likes

That was my thought. She’s going to be more passive/pocket now… I’m interested to see how the regen works out with Phara.

She’s still going to one tap you AND probably die less often with that new passive boosting the heals she gets from Mercy whenever she dips under 50%.

1 Like

Yeah… this gutted mercy. She’ll still be meta (thanks Sojourn) but she’ll be utterly terrible to play.

1.5 to 2.5s is a frigging 66% increase in cooldown! THAT’S INSANE.

The slow? Fair, I guess. The new passive and healing changes? Interesting.

Cooldown nerfs to that degree?! What the hell, Blizzard? I don’t even play Mercy regularly, and I know this is too much.

12 Likes

Where’s the proof these nerfs are even true?

All we’ve seen is one image that could have easily been made by some guy with a demo copy of Photoshop.

I feel like that’s about it… and I know there’s a lot of fury surrounding this, but I feel like some play style adjustments might actually maker her stronger/more annoying now… but i have next to zero mercy experience…

Part of me feels like this is going to result in something people don’t think it will… and even then, I feel like there’s going to be additional adjustments, mostly to numbers, not the passive.

The extra second will be atrocious. I dabble in Mercy because I main support, but that’s just because sometimes the dboost or rez are needed. That cooldown nerf will be massive and extremely painful.

4 Likes

Coming from content creators who had early access

2 Likes

moira buff moira buff moira buff moira buff

:100:

1 Like

The Moira haters here aren’t gonna be happy about that miniscule buff

1 Like

people just hate mercy. the problem was sojourn. and they were so busy hating mercy that they got a mercy nerf and no sojourn nerf. good job, sexist hate ruins the support role yet again. not a support player, but this is the “delete mass rez” mistake all over again. mercy literally can not heal tanks anymore. not just mercy, but any tank that isn’t orisa or ramattra is now gonna be unplayable most of the time, because most supports main mercy and this isn’t gonna magically make the other support get off zen or lucio.

6 Likes

blizzard is pro male what do you expect the SEC exposed it and it costed blizzard millions in fines

7 Likes

There are posts about a lot of things here. The vast majority that I saw though was people wanting nerfs to res and blue beam, both of which are untouched.

If Mercy didn’t need a rework before, she definitely does now.

My concern is she’s been getting a bit of love lately and is actually in a decent/balanced spot… but with Mercy “being out of the way” in the general community’s eyes… and Kiriko is always a half and half debate… there’s only one person for the hate train to look at as far as supports go.

Then my friend you must have missed all the “Mercy is broken because she’s unkillable” posts showing that one video of a top500 Mercy ending a 5min match with 0 deaths while their Ana had 1.

Which is okay, there were so many people angry at Mercy we all missed half of it anyway.

1 Like