Mercy buff speculation?

Well, a 50hp burst would be kinda negligible on a Tank.

But clutch on a squishy

I dunno, maybe lock on but to a single target?

1 Like

‘light orb’ system. for every 500 healed mercy gains a light orb on her hud, 3 stackable.

orb can be used for healing or damage boosting (m1+e = heal boost / m2+e = damage boost)
increases healing to 70 hps for 4 secs
damage boost between 35-40% 4 secs
upon usage there is 2 sec cd regardless of how many orbs you have stacked

would also make valk single target only and reduce rez cast time during valk to 1.25 sec.

1 Like

And I strongly disagree with a lot you’re saying

When its completely dependant on your teammates outside of your ultimate, I disagree.

Resurrect essentially being an out of combat ability that requires you to take cover and stop healing altogether doesnt help anyone else.

Damage boost is nice, but Zenyatta has an objectively better one in that not only can he benefit from it, so can everyone else. Its getting nerfed finally but with her lower healing, its increasingly harder to find a time to damage boost especially when being the only main healer.

Moira also has a lot more damage and a lot more healing.

It doesnt, her combined damage and damage amplified on average is way lower than the damage put out by all the other supports.

Never said it was, only that you could get the same effect by having a healer that can contribute that same damage while also healing.

Even more reason to buff her healing when if shes not even the best at that and has to sacrifice it for not much else in exchange, she isnt the go-to for raw healing output as the developers want her to be.

I agree with this.

Only, she does.

Perhaps, but I don’t see a way of adding that to her kit.

I completely agree. I don’t know where we differ in terms of our conclusion.

I wouldn’t want her to loose lock-on. It would just be a nice option if you needed more heals in a hurry. Toggle reload, healing spear.

Might as well give Sym mains some transferable skills.

1 Like

Why not go all the way?

Shorten Valkyrie to 6 seconds, and transform her staff into a single target rez function (like how genjiblade replaces his shurikens with a katana).

She could rez as many allies as she can reach, but only one at a time and no re-rezzing if a rezzed ally dies again.

For flexibility, using rez on a living ally would give them a one-time invulnerability buff (which cannot be re-applied).

Then replace E rez with a different ability.

I would like to see her have something to do that can stand on its own right as a smart and/or clutch play. Right now, Mercy’s kit has very little variation to it, so it feels like you don’t have any big spikes of impact while playing as her. Even rezzing, as powerful as it is, almost always has to be done on an early pick to be useful, and sometimes is entirely out of your control as to whether or not you can even try it. I’d like Mercy to gain some kind of ability where, when she pops it at the right time, she can feel the satisfaction of having Done A Thing.

I am not terribly picky about what that looks like; it could be some kind of burst, cleanse, or protection; it could be a bigger heal on the main Valk target; it could be some kind of temporary healing aura that, while not powerful on its own, frees up Mercy’s hands to use her pistol for a moment or two. Whatever it is, I’d like to see it be a little bit less dependent on Mercy’s team, and a little bit higher stakes than Mercy’s current kit.

1 Like

No buff I think. I think they plan on not buffing her and just fixing the real issue Brigette. Geoff seemed to regret brigs balance decisions

Maybe but it has such a long range that you are really free and it also works on corpses so that’s always a plus. You do need your allies but there is nothing in the entire game that can get you both that high and that far with such a low CD

Yeah and that’s why she’s only used as an off heal right now
When she had 60hps she could play around that but she can’t anymore.
Discord is better than Damage boost, I agree, but she is better to babysit and as an off heal - even though Zen is clearly superior because of the damage output and the ult and discord - she can work.

I really think damage boost can be way more valuable than Ana or Lucio’s dps. Except if they have a Pharah in which case yeah your Ana will be more valuable.
Other than that the boost in damage but also in ult charge I think makes up for the rest. At least for those two. And that also makes you play a bit differently.

Yeah very true but I don’t want them to make her a must pick again, and I don’t want them to do as they did with Reaper and buff the wrong thing. I mean if we look at what the devs wanted for Mercy, there is almost nothing left ._.

The most frequently asked buff for Moira (at least that I can see and that I actually agree with) would be to let her heal through shields again because it would really make her different from the other healers and it would make her worth picking in more situations while not making her too strong. And even if it were too strong, you can just tweak that with like 50% less healing if it goes through shields or something like that.

No idea tbh but it’s fun to talk about things :3