Mercy buff on ptr O.O

So i just saw on twitter that the user @aqua_boost uploaded a short video on mercy using her valk. And when you fly to the friendly bot, you fly pretty fast to them.

Now it said unintentional mercy buff so i don’t know if it’s real or not, or if it was a mistake from the devs?

What do you guys think?? Because i’m so confused.

2 Likes

NO, dont talk about it, then they will realize it and remove it

16 Likes

This is a nerf.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

Uhm i think the devs pretty much knows it’s there already if it is a mistake.

flying faster is a nerf? How?

11 Likes

Yes it is, for a lot of reasons.

There was nothing wrong with her movement. It’s a nerf because this makes it almost impossible to stop yourself, based on the speed that I’m seeing. No one asked for this “buff”.

1 Like

Lol you do know that you can stop it right? I’ve been pretty much good with stopping mercy from flying to far when going to an ally.

I think it’s a really good buff so mercy can actually survive better.

9 Likes

It’s really a buff.

You’re only looking at like 1 con out of the many pros

1 Like

i feel like i heard/remember a story/maybe it was just a rumor and i’m remembering it wrong about a game that had a pretty well known, decently big bug

and the devs didn’t notice until one random person sent in a ticket

just saying, don’t always assume devs are 100% on top of everything, they’re still human

1 Like

It’s probably a bug anyway

Yeah ofc, i just think it’s weird how they’re coding in something that they suddenly forgot or didn’t even know they changed.

I mean in all honesty they should revert the changes they made to Valkyrie involving her speed and GA speed since the only change that really made any difference there was removing the double rez and instant rez in valk.

Valkyrie is pretty mediocre to begin with and lasts way too long without being able to cancel it so why not let her be super fast?

Everything else she does is enhanced just to make it ult worthy and even gives her things she doesnt need and go against her intended design by removing a core weakness (the chain beams specifically).

Revert the speed changes to valk for september 2017 or 2018 i dont know when.

Mainly because from the video, the speed there is WAAAY to fast and way faster than what it was before the nerfs to its speed. It wouldnt really matter if it was that fast anyway since a lot of good Mercy’s dont fly up, they tend to use Valkyrie for its extended range so that they are able to play even further back an still support the team.

isn’t that not how it works?

i’m no coder, but couldn’t changing something mess something else up unintentionally

especially if it has to do with momentum or how something affects something, and that’s the only reason it’s “faster”

Theyve done pretty wierd things with MErcy under the hood like when they changed the way her damage boost beam looks and never mentioned it anywhere or when it could damage boost Ashe’s Bob and torb turret by damage boosting them.

It concerns me that they may be doing something with her internally especially after the mess her rework created.

1 Like

I’m fully expecting it to be a bug and that theyll remove it.
They didnt say anything about it, so it’s definitely a bug.

which part?

haven’t they said they’re actually comfortable with her current state?

hope not, she’s already hard enough to kill during valk LUL

When it originally launched. The fact was that before the rework Mercy wasnt viable in higher ranks for a lot of reasons even before Ana came out and she was the only main healer and its because her ultimate was worse than the other 2 defensive ults.

It required failure to even activate and coming back from that to potentially die again is pretty lackluster, especially when the other 2 could keep you alive in the first place.

It limited Mercy since people not only needed to be dead in a 15 meter radius, they needed to be dead within the same 10 second interval which also required Mercy to stay alive.

In fact, every change that Resurrect got when it was her ultimate was a net buff, including invulnerability because despite being instant, Mercy would die often to do it, which still happens today and even more so with the cast time but its less of an issue since you arent bringing back a whole team to die again without their main healer.

When Valkyrie came out, it was good if they kept the limitation of one resurrect per 30 seconds with no way to reduce or refresh its cooldown.

The problem was the Valkyrie made it so upon activation, Resurrect was instantly refreshed and the cooldown was reduced to 10 seconds for the 20 second duration of Valkyrie. Essentially you could get 4 resurrects in 20 seconds by using rez, activating valkyrie, rezzing again, waiting 10 seconds and rezzing again and then another 10 seconds.

All that without having to worry about the biggest issues with mass rez since you could resurrect people when they died no matter how far apart they were or whether they were in the same 10 second interval.

They made changes so that instead of refreshing the cooldown or reducing it, Valkyrie just got 2 charges but that was still too strong.

Then they tried somwthing they shouldnt have since it wasnt the problem and added a cast time out of valkyrie but left the interation with valkyrie to make resurrect instant and have 2 charges intact.

The final change was what made her balanced because it removed the way resurrect interacted with Valkyrie.

They should have removed that interaction first and then tried a cast time but alas they did not and never will now so its a moot point.

Even during the penultimate change to Valkyrie, Mercy was statsically getting more resurrects per game than she ever was with mass rez which was due to the removal of limitations from the old resurrect and increasing the versatility for its use.

1 instant resurrect every 30 seconds is pretty balanced. Baptiste has immortality field which is a better version in many ways since it prevents a death in the first place which is objectively better, it has a lower cooldown, it has a near instant cast and can be thrown, its aoe and also applied to baptiste and thus has much more versatility as it can be used to save himself, and the most important part is that despite the drone being stationary, the drone has a smaller hitbox than Mercy and lacks a critical hitbox. MErcy is practically stationary for almost 2 seconds ayway and often enough she dies before getting the rez, dies after the rez, has the person she rezzed get killed again, or often enough both of the latter 2. Mainly this comes from trying to use it in the only time it really makes an impact and that is during a fight. Using it after a fight is already over means you didnt use it when it couldve changed the outcome of a fight.

So yeah, they’re fine with her now, but they said that repeatedly when she was being nerfed and said that recently as well only to then buff her healing anyway despite saying she was fine.

They can’t hit you if you don’t know where you’re going.