Mercy "Buff" not fixing any of her issues

A change that would make more sense would have been :

Caduceus Staff

Healing per second increased from 50 to 60.

Valkyrie
Chain Heal Beam heals main target for 60 and any linked players for 50.

Must pick mercy back, pretty much

1 Like

Mercy was always a main healer…but when they nerfed her healing they killed her.Mercy is the symbol of life, she’s an angel and no one can beat the divinity (it’s not just her suit that gives her wings,it’s herself and her desire to help those in need)
Now let’s talk about the game itself not her lore
You can easily counter the enemy Mercy by playing Mercy and then both teams will have the same potential.It’s not hard to play Mercy,u just need attention.
We could avoid the latest nerf just by playing Mercy

1 Like

This is the best solution i’ve ever heard.This could balance Mercy.
Let’s hope the developers see this

1 Like

I know it’s hard to think of a mature point without being condescending, child :smirk:
OP is basically saying:

1. those who have more experience on a character tend to have experienced more of the pros, cons, and special circumstances of a character and have probably invested more time in learning all things related to them.
  2. battle mercy IS risky (which was OP’s point). If you’re diving the enemy as an ulting healer, it’s hard to expect you’ll be pocketed and not focussed by the enemy. If you get killed without having gotten a few key kills yourself, you’ve denied your team key healing, they’re down a healer, and your team is down a support ult.
    What you’re both saying is you CAN move around a bit, but you’re mostly grouped up with your team if you want to play it safe. Hard to feel the same impact unless you’re actively giving or taking away lives.

There’s not a whole lot to learn about mercy outside of mega jumping.

Nobody is telling you to be a battle mercy or to dive the enemy team.
If your team is not just eating damage left and right with you being the only healer you can absolutely get kills during valk with no risk to your own team.

Look who’s talking :smirk:

There is the thing called Quotation by the way. I’m not one to go extremely nut about stuff like that but it’s a thing to keep in mind since not using it properly can actually get one in trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

If you need to play mercy, to counter mercy, then the game has failed…

Wow,i didn’t think about this >_<

Just like countering Dive pretty much required you to run dive as well? Wasn’t that the Meta everyone keeps saying was the most balanced thing?

It might have been the most balanced meta in terms of which team won.
But it wasn’t balanced in terms of character win rate or pick rate.

If you need to play Ana, to counter Ana, then the game has failed…
Not as hard as the Mercy rework did though. Dumpster fire.

Which is why they need to buff, nerf, and rework heroes.
50% winrate per hero, and equal pick rate for all. That is balance.

That isn’t possible. We can get close to that but exact numbers like that are never gonna happen especially when taking hero popularity and map dependency into consideration.

Which is why they are trying to get closer to those numbers.

I’d have to disagree with you there. My statement still stands.
As for your second point, I think you have to state what you mean when you originally said “pressing buttons” while in Valk. I was defending the risk of battle mercy, and how otherwise the float and team-healy aspect of it may feel less impactful to OP. Not necessarily my opinion.

:joy: This was just to respond to you and your sass! I don’t naturally use these tactics in debate.